NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

17 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

One thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense is why the 15 players would hold a workout in such a public setting if they thought they were breaking protocols at the time, have seen multiple people stating this workout was staged with heaps of students at MBA watching on, there looks to be absolutely no effort to hide the fact they were practicing.

So this indicates either the Titans weren't under a current directive that they couldn't assemble for out of facility workouts or the team didn't properly convey that directive to the players.

Titans coach Mike Vrabel said Thursday that players were told not to hold any group workouts.

Ryan Tannehill thought the opposite, however.

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeeGee60 said:

Has there been any talk of the titans and bills game being forfeited or has is just been fines and draft picks

The very nature of your post answers your question 😉

But seriously, it's my understanding the NFL warned of potential forfeits after the high school workout took place. Because of this, I'm thinking an unprecedented fine and loss of draft picks is what the Titans receive, but not a forfeit.

Still, a forfeit makes scheduling easier for everyone involved. With that in mind, maybe the Titans would agree (behind closed doors) to a forfeit and small fine, in lieu of a big fine and loss of draft picks?

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah I think I’m not the only one here that’s going to have to make some tough decisions soon.  Wish there was a little more clarity but I’m guessing if they test more positives tests until tomorrow or even Friday there’s got to be a minimal chance of a game

Forcing a forfeit as punishment is pretty dumb and if they can play they will.

I would say 2 firsts and 2 seconds as a draft punishment + huge salary fines to every player/coach involved and possible suspensions for the season + 1.5M fine to the organization.

It seems like a lot but this **** is no joke. You want to play with billions of dollars and the lives of people including those that work for teams just to make a living? You deserve everything that’s coming and then some. Get the f--- outta here...

Edited by Gohawks
9 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Primetime games would be more costly to bounce, I would estimate.  I doubt they want to enter that territory with the networks.

I’m pretty sure they can put another game in that slot.

• Like 1

Problem is most of these tests are still done during the incubation period where they test negative then they play the game and you have scenarios where they’re chasing their tail like the Mahomes-Gilmore situation.   Logistically it’s a night mare but if they had games every two weeks Instead and just extended the season, moving games to either dome or warmer areas through March and April.  This would give enough time for testing to be effective

• Like 2

Seems mainly a titans problem. Sucks for Steelers/Bills and fantasy owners of those teams. Steelers titans bad as they just had a bye 3 weeks earlier. Bills will need to be cancelled/pushed to a week 18 situation

Edited by vthokie3
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic