NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

My prediction- Week 18: Titans- Bills.

For those of you who have a bunch of fantasy players for either team, my condolences.

My prediction- thats only one of the games on the slate that week 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Allen in, Allen out. Diggs in, Diggs out. 

Rinse and repeat.

What's everyone feeling? Titans game for sure has to be cancelled Tuesday, no? Protocol starts all over again? 

I think they’ll still do it if all players test come back negative today, tomorrow and Tuesday but I just see very low chance of that happening 

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think they’ll still do it if all players test come back negative today, tomorrow and Tuesday but I just see very low chance of that happening 

Worst part is we don't really have time for that. It is Sunday after all, and kick off is merely 4 hours away. 

8 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

I absolutely hate this season

At least we have football to watch during the pandemic.

I don't see the Titans/Bills game happening this week. Looking like Patriots/Broncos going to be moved as well.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Can we stop it with the doomsday posts? I thought it was supposed to be the end 2 weeks ago?

I was one who didn't think we'd even get to three weeks in. I was wrong but now with games being cancelled I really do think it is on thin ice. No one else feels like this season is about over? Even if it isn't how do we keep playing fantasy? It just seems really unfair and impossible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, devaster said:

At least we have football to watch during the pandemic.

I don't see the Titans/Bills game happening this week. Looking like Patriots/Broncos going to be moved as well.

Pats game moved to Sunday

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I was one who didn't think we'd even get to three weeks in. I was wrong but now with games being cancelled I really do think it is on thin ice. No one else feels like this season is about over? Even if it isn't how do we keep playing fantasy? It just seems really unfair and impossible. 

Not even close. Only two teams are currently struggling to contain it. And the Patriots is a slow trickle. The Titans situation is concerning because of how long they have struggled to contain it. And at least we don't have these teams playing this week and spreading it to more teams and then those teams would spread it.

We also haven't heard anything additionally negative regarding the Chiefs so that is good.

I personally don't understand why teams and coaches are even allowed to mingle at the end of games. It should just be straight to the locker rooms. This year should be an exception. Players will play against each other, but there is no reason for coaches and players to be mingling at the end of games. And even offensive and defensive players from both teams shouldn't be mingling with the opposing teams' players from the same side of the ball.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic