NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

With the Titans already having a bye Week all of these fantasy sites will just have to adjust points whenever the game is played. No way they can set it for a new week. For their free leagues they pretty much screwed everyone there by not expanding the bench.

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

I keep hearing this term "survival rate" being used and its kind of sad. Sure, players are in a age group that tend to fair better, but what about their coaches, and staff? Teams have over 100 coaches, team personnel, trainers, etc. Additionally, what about each of their families? You see how this works? Moreso, we STILL don't know the long term implications of this virus for any age group.

Its not the mob. Its life.

Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox had it this year. He had to be shutdown due to a heart ailment caused by Covid. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, awwufelloff said:

These players on these teams need to go to IR so I can pick up replacements for this week. When is that happening?

They don’t unless they actually are put on the covid list. Otherwise, it’s like they are on bye.

Edited by Butters
2 minutes ago, awwufelloff said:

These players on these teams need to go to IR so I can pick up replacements for this week. When is that happening?

Only if the player tests positive and is put on the IR/Covid list. Otherwise its a bye week.

For the Titans and Bills I'm not sure how they treat it. Probably zeros for all players involved if it ends up being a forfeit to the Bills.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
41 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Morally I agree with the forfeits, but my issue is that its not fair for the teams who don't get free wins from the Titans simply due to luck with the schedule.  Kinda makes the championship not legit.

The championships of all pro sports leagues are going to have massive asterisks this year regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The championships of all pro sports leagues are going to have massive asterisks this year regardless. 

Meh. I don't know about that. Baseball? Maybe because of the vastly shortened season. But the NBA has had a mostly complete season and regular playoffs, minus the fans. Other shortened seasons such as the 82' NFL seasons aren't often cited with an asterisk to my knowledge.

21 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Apparently the league is working on making an announcement regarding the Titans/Bills before the 1PM kickoff today

Not doubting you here at all (I hope this is what happens), just curious what source you got this info from?

27 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Apparently the league is working on making an announcement regarding the Titans/Bills before the 1PM kickoff today

Thanks for this, but any announcement other than "we are postponing this game" is basically irrelevant.  A Monday or Tuesday positive Covid test and they're postponing it.

Just now, kp96 said:

Thanks for this, but any announcement other than "we are postponing this game" is basically irrelevant.  A Monday or Tuesday positive Covid test and they're postponing it.

Pretty sure any more positive tests from the Titans and it is a forfeit since they already couldn't contain it beyond last week and had players practicing illegally.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Source? 

9 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Not doubting you here at all (I hope this is what happens), just curious what source you got this info from?

I'm seeing it from multiple reporters/outlets. PFT being one of them too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stephania_ESPN/status/1315306331088265217

I don’t think we get a clear answer for the Titans-Bills game before kickoff for this afternoons games. Sounds like the staff member that tested positive wasn’t in close contact with the team so there’s still a chance they can play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stephania_ESPN/status/1315306331088265217

I don’t think we get a clear answer for the Titans-Bills game before kickoff for this afternoons games. Sounds like the staff member that tested positive wasn’t in close contact with the team so there’s still a chance they can play. 

I fear you're right - why can't they just move this titans game?  What's the urgency of trying to get this game in and risk further spread?

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

I fear you're right - why can't they just move this titans game?  What's the urgency of trying to get this game in and risk further spread?

Since they already had their bye last week the only two options to me would seem to be solo game on week 18 (at this point) or Titans forfeit.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Since they already had their bye last week the only two options to me would seem to be solo game on week 18 (at this point) or Titans forfeit.

Or both teams only play 15 games. Its the year of covid. Nothing is off the table 

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic