NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

You're not talking about a cast of millions.

Teams already have staff that is in charge of monitoring player behavior off the field.  You just give them more staff and authority.  That's all.

The NFL has nearly 2,000 players on active rosters, not counting practice squads/coaches/etc. That a heavy load to monitor. 

Just now, jujus-jujubees said:

The NFL has nearly 2,000 players on active rosters, not counting practice squads/coaches/etc. That a heavy load to monitor. 

If a TMZ reporter can figure out that the 6th WR on the Jaguars is getting pulled over at 3 in the morning in bf Arkansas in an hour they can surely be contracted by the Jaguars to tell them the same thing.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Blats said:

Curious as to why the Patriots have 5 positive tests and the game is postponed, but the Titans have 25 positive tests, yet no announcement?

Because Billicheck has Godell on speed dial.

BB: "Hey Rodg, I could use another week to get my starting QB and my best DB back. Whaddya say?"

RG: "No prob Bill. Hey, don't forget to hook me up on some clam chowder when I'm up there next month, will ya?" 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
Just now, cdd10 said:

Rotoworld main headline page. Adam Schefter.

That means nothing. If one player on titans test positive tomorrow or monday the game is canceled. There is no way zero people test negative when 25 have/had it. Just like NE just did

Edited by awwufelloff
1 minute ago, awwufelloff said:

That means nothing. If one player on titans test positive tomorrow or monday the game is canceled. There is no way zero people test negative when 25 have/had it. Just like NE just did

There is no way the term “no way” should be used in 2020

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, awwufelloff said:

🤷‍♂️Titan who tested positive today hasn't been around the team in 2 weeks it says. I'm starting my Bills/Titans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I was one who didn't think we'd even get to three weeks in. I was wrong but now with games being cancelled I really do think it is on thin ice. No one else feels like this season is about over? Even if it isn't how do we keep playing fantasy? It just seems really unfair and impossible. 

Agreed, and I fear that this is only the beginning. COVID has absolutely wrecked my team two weeks in a row. Argh.... 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Flint55 said:

In 1993 the NFL had an 18 week schedule which included 2 byes.  They probably schould have done that for this season for more flexibility if needed.  

This. The NFL was dumb thinking this could ever be a normal season. Outside of doing bubbles (just about impossible logistically), fewer games with more open dates in the schedule would’ve been about the only way to pull it off.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

This. The NFL was dumb thinking this could ever be a normal season. Outside of doing bubbles (just about impossible logistically), fewer games with more open dates in the schedule would’ve been about the only way to pull it off.

I thought they WERE doing this. I remember talk before the season started was they'd add a couple weeks in to the schedule to give it breathing room and account for situations like this. They are just incredibly stupid for thinking they could do a regular 16 game schedule and things would work out. I'm sure it all came down to money, somehow. 

• Like 1

For those using replacement players, are you allowing managers to choose their replacement player right up until that particular game time or before all games on the Sunday slate? For example, if you had two players playing Monday night and one was questionable, do you allow them to wait and see before choosing which player to use as a proxy?

3 minutes ago, Outtanowhere said:

For those using replacement players, are you allowing managers to choose their replacement player right up until that particular game time or before all games on the Sunday slate? For example, if you had two players playing Monday night and one was questionable, do you allow them to wait and see before choosing which player to use as a proxy?

Our rule is you have to post your replacement on the message board by the time the Sunday morning games kick off 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, yossarian said:

I thought they WERE doing this. I remember talk before the season started was they'd add a couple weeks in to the schedule to give it breathing room and account for situations like this. They are just incredibly stupid for thinking they could do a regular 16 game schedule and things would work out. I'm sure it all came down to money, somehow. 

Yeah. Def was all about the $$$$. What sucks is that they’re likely going to end up with fewer games and more open dates anyway. It’s a domino effect. The Pats-Broncos game being postponed already led to the shifting around of like three other games. And the Chargers currently have two games scheduled for Week 8, so that will be fun, seeing how they work all that out. Even worse, all the teams who’ve been affected (Titans, Pats, Steelers, and Broncos so far) have now burned their only bye. And it’s only Week 5. What happens if (when?) those teams see more positive tests later in the season? The schedule is just going to get uglier and uglier IMO.

I’ve played fantasy every season since 2008, and am our league’s commish. But I seriously considered us just taking a one-year hiatus since I knew this was going to be a mess. My league-mates were all up for it, so I reluctantly decided to give it a go. Starting to regret that decision. There’s just no way to plan for enough roster moves and setting up your team when games are actually being scheduled for Tuesday and cancelled on Sunday freaking MORNING. 🤦🏼‍♂️

This just really sucks. Asterisk season.

• tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic