NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

On 9/1/2020 at 7:19 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I think there have been threads that blanket cover some of this, but I can see you are being more specific here too.

The NFL protocols are very on point, and even more encouraging is how the players are adhering to them. Funny how we are no longer seeing the 'shut-it-down' posters anymore, huh? We got 3 guys on the COVID list at this point, but I certainly grant you that when they start the season and traveling that guys will pop up on the list. The nice thing, as opposed to college, is they travel on private jets and don't need to go thru the same populated areas of the airport, they then get on private coach buses everywhere and have off-area entrances to hotels where they have private floors etc. All of these measures help, as does only having to do this 8 times a year (home and back). Plus the likely application of the Yale (NBA funded) saliva quick tests that can deliver results in mere minutes.

I guess my specific advice is something that we have used for many years in my higher stakes leagues. Before every Thurs (when applicable) or Sun noon kick we put up a timestamped message saying we would start this player from our bench in case this starter is deemed inactive. It all started from teams playing games on injury reports, in these deeper leagues it was often too difficult to obtain a feasible backup option for a guy that was Q for a Monday night game and this gave us a fail-safe from taking a zero and kept things on the level. I am sure some people will speak out against this on general principle, but it has worked really well for my leagues and is even more practical given the virus could be a headache for us fantasy players week-to-week.

How do you actually adjust it though..

So If I have AJ Brown playing tomorrow and I designated Chase Claypool as my just in case player, and tomorrows game gets cancelled. Where do I go in Yahoo setting to actually make the change and is there a concern as far as timing (when it has to be completed by)?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, avoidlloyd95 said:

So If I have AJ Brown playing tomorrow and I designated Chase Claypool as my just in case player, and tomorrows game gets cancelled. Where do I go in Yahoo setting to actually make the change and is there a concern as far as timing (when it has to be completed by)?

Sorry but I am not a Yahoo guy, I am sure many here can help though. Commish should have the power to go in and retroactively make the switch, might take a bit for the system to update the score (usually does in CBS) but it will come out correct in the final standings.

1 hour ago, avoidlloyd95 said:

It's under Commissioner Tools > Manage Other Teams > Edit Rosters

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Just noticing in Yahoo that you can't add any players that are playing in tonight's game. Was trying to add Darrynton Evans as a handcuff to Henry but everyone is on waivers.

If you log in to desktop there's a big orange box that talks all about this. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ominous sign, I usually see an update by this time in the morning.

more than likely just a glitch - but, yeah ... 9 a.m. here, word usually comes down by now 

ETA: and Beatles posted just as i was ... it's all good. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I benched Allen in 3 leagues but luckily I took the plunge on Herbert in all 3. Still...this sucks.

what sucks about this? Herbert scored 35 in my league.  Is that not enough? Lol

10 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Damn guess I shouldn't have benched Diggs. Hate this season

take solace in the fact that you play in a leeg that didn't hand hold everyone, and forced folks to sack up and make the tough calls. 

you did what ya had to do ... hope it doesn't cost ya the week ✌

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

what sucks about this? Herbert scored 35 in my league.  Is that not enough? Lol

I meant it sucks that I felt like I had to bench Josh Allen. I acknowledge the result was great. I'm not mad lol

Edited by Benjamin1984
1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

The entire Bills and Titans roster could had tested positive today. The NFL was playing this game through hell or high water. 

This. They postponed it until Tuesday barring any positive result, then a positive result happened with a staff member and instead of canceling the game or forfeiting the nfl said "you know what let's give you guys another shot" and it paid off. This sets the tone for how they will move going forward. 

Postive test = postpone and then play regardless of another positive test result anyways lol

Just now, BeastOfTheLeast said:

This. They postponed it until Tuesday barring any positive result, then a positive result happened with a staff member and instead of canceling the game or forfeiting the nfl said "you know what let's give you guys another shot" and it paid off. This sets the tone for how they will move going forward. 

Postive test = postpone and then play regardless of another positive test result anyways lol

The staff member did not have contact with anyone from the team in two weeks.