NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Just noticing in Yahoo that you can't add any players that are playing in tonight's game. Was trying to add Darrynton Evans as a handcuff to Henry but everyone is on waivers.

Just FYI yahoo just unlocked all the players in tonight's game to FA in my league. If you still wanna grab Darrynton it might be in play for you. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/12/2020 at 10:29 AM, Outtanowhere said:

Agree that it's easier to implement and enforce. To clarify though, are you saying

1) if a manager had Jeudy starting with John Brown declared as their replacement player before the Sunday morning games but then John Brown is declared out due to injury, they could swap their primary player to AJ Brown before that game started?

2) if a Sunday morning game was cancelled, would you allow managers to choose another replacement player from the afternoon games if the morning games had started?

Phew, complicated. Trying not to get nitpicky and know you can't cover every situation but want to be clear what the rules are before it becomes an issue.

*Sigh* this exact situation happened. Manager had Jeudy with John Brown selected as proxy before all Sunday games. Denver game got postponed but John Brown is now out. Manager also has AJ Brown who is playing today. Anyone else have any opinion on whether I should allow manager to change to AJ Brown?

4 minutes ago, Outtanowhere said:

*Sigh* this exact situation happened. Manager had Jeudy with John Brown selected as proxy before all Sunday games. Denver game got postponed but John Brown is now out. Manager also has AJ Brown who is playing today. Anyone else have any opinion on whether I should allow manager to change to AJ Brown?

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Outtanowhere said:

... and this is the fustercluck people opted into by allowing this ridiculous crap to be implemented in the first place. 

just a garbage idea all around. 

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Outtanowhere said:

I think you allow the switch

Neither player is locked in yet. If somebody had their proxy set as a WR in the 1 pm games, let’s say Tyler Boyd. And then 30 minutes before game time decided to switch their proxy to a different player, say Tee Higgins, that wouldn’t be an issue. It’d be the same scenario here.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Outtanowhere said:

Yeah I let that go, best interest of competitive balance and really a no harm/no foul situation...all those guys are not locked, easy pivot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, JDE said:

I think you allow the switch

Neither player is locked in yet. If somebody had their proxy set as a WR in the 1 pm games, let’s say Tyler Boyd. And then 30 minutes before game time decided to switch their proxy to a different player, say Tee Higgins, that wouldn’t be an issue. It’d be the same scenario here.

Thanks. I think I am just going to let people choose a proxy right up until that particular game rather than having a Sunday morning deadline. I don't want the proxy scenario to be a disadvantage to anyone - I get that it's an extension we wouldn't normally allow but I think it's more fun that way and in this particular league, I have 7 managers new to the sport and fantasy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Outtanowhere said:

Why on God's Earth would he name a player from a Tuesday game as backup? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? Can he just make that swap himself? Weird

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Why on God's Earth would he name a player from a Tuesday game as backup? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose? Can he just make that swap himself? 

We decided that managers could have a proxy for a proxy if both games were in danger of being cancelled so she had Jeudy > Brown > Tate. And yeah, they can just make the swap themselves which is why I would like to allow it but I know others disagree.

1 minute ago, Islanderman said:

4 positives huh.  Just end my season and tell me one of them is Ridley.

Does it really matter if one of them is Ridley? No way they play this game anyway. And by the time they play their next game he may be back.

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Does it really matter if one of them is Ridley? No way they play this game anyway. And by the time they play their next game he may be back.

I think tere's a chance this could get played if they're negative from here out, but it could get VERY ugly depending which players tested positive, because their opponent from last week (Panthers) had a defensive tackle test positive and he played 17 snaps last game. 

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

I think tere's a chance this could get played if they're negative from here out, but it could get VERY ugly depending which players tested positive, because their opponent from last week (Panthers) had a defensive tackle test positive and he played 17 snaps last game. 

4 positives on a Thursday? I just don't see how that's possible.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

4 positives on a Thursday? I just don't see how that's possible.

Nobody thought Titans/Bills would happen so you never know. Also, anybody who tests positive today is probably questionable for week 7. So yeah...please don't be Ridley...

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic