NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Beckham just played the colts who have positive tests and now he’s sick, fantastic. 

I know it feels like we're playing with fire and it's just a matter of time until it's getting spread on the field and turns into a complete disaster for the NFL, but so far that hasn't happened. Which is good news. So let's hope Beckham comes back clear and is just under the weather for other reasons.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

The Colts have closed their practice facility after "several" members of the organization tested positive for COVID-19.

The Colts won't practice Friday and plan to hold virtual meetings. It's the first outbreak for Indy, who had two players on the reserve/COVID-19 list at the start of training camp but nothing since. As of now, the Colts' Week 6 game against the Bengals remains on track to be played. 

Oct 16, 2020, 9:53 AM ET
5 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Testing: So looks like you had 10 positives from your latest round of tests.

NFL Team: O RLY?

Testing: Yes see right here 10 positives.

*slides NFL money over*

Testing: Actually looks like they were false positives my mistake. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
4 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

iirc, rapid testing does have a much higher error rate. But I'm curious to see how many Colts guys had false positives. 

Yes you are correct and I do know that I just find it amusing that every morning is this NFL is getting shut down and then by lunch everything is false positives baby! 

4 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Testing: So looks like you had 10 positives from your latest round of tests.

NFL Team: O RLY?

Testing: Yes see right here 10 positives.

*slides NFL money over*

Testing: Actually looks like they were false positives my mistake. 

THIS

I have no doubts someone is paying off someone to change these tests or perhaps the second retest they are not going far up enough into the nostril on purpose to not get the best samples?)... Im calling for a investigation into all these Positive tests suddenly turning into false postive. 

Money hungry

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

THIS

I have no doubts someone is paying off someone to change these tests or perhaps the second retest they are not going far up enough into the nostril on purpose to not get the best samples?)... Im calling for a investigation into all these Positive tests suddenly turning into false postive. 

Money hungry

Its not suddenly, these tests arent 100% accurate. People everyday have false positives the only reason people care now is because it impacts someone elses fantasy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

THIS

Money hungry

Isnt the instant test only like 95% accurate?   Statistically there’s always going to be false positives.    No problem.   Shut the building down until the more reliable 24hr test comes in.   It hasn’t been perfect but we’re still in business here gentlemen.  

Assume positives are false and the game is on unless the follow up tests pop positive.    

• Like 1
Just now, Impreza178 said:

Isnt the instant test only like 95% accurate?   Statistically there’s always going to be false positives.    No problem.   Shut the building down until the more reliable 24hr test comes in.   It hasn’t been perfect but we’re still in business here gentlemen.  

Assume positives are false and the game is on unless the follow up tests pop positive.    

I believe the rapid test error rate is much, much higher. Now that the NFL is doing more testing, there are going to be a lot more false positives. And quite likely many false negatives. It's a tough position for the NFL - the more accurate ones take longer to get results, but if they need results immediately, we're going to be stuck with our regular panic attacks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

These rapid tests seem about as accurate as the Cosmopolitan "How Hot is Your Love Meter?" quiz.

Basically, yes. There are numerous models/brands on the market, but only a few have emergency ok from the FDA, and iirc even those are really only supposed to be aimed at people who are showing symptoms. I don't believe there is any test in existence that can do what the NFL wants to do with a reasonable level of accuracy (things are changing quickly so it's hard to stay on top of all the news and it's possible there's something new that can accomplish all their dreams). There are a lot of issues/questions with rapid testing. The NFL is between a rock and a hard place. You basically have to choose between high accuracy but slow results vs super fast response but Russian roulette of responses. 

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic