Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?


Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Recommended Posts

49 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

 

Testing: So looks like you had 10 positives from your latest round of tests.

NFL Team: O RLY?

Testing: Yes see right here 10 positives.

*slides NFL money over*

Testing: Actually looks like they were false positives my mistake. 

NFL to testing centers when a game is at risk and they're about to drop the next batch of results:

DeepChillyBighorn-small.gif

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Can someone explain to me their league plans for COVID, like what happens in your league if someone gets covid? Are there replacement players? My league is arguing that Covid is the same as an injury status going into the game. Thoughts?

Dude. There are 68 pages of answers to this question.

But yes, my league is allowing designated replacements. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Can someone explain to me their league plans for COVID, like what happens in your league if someone gets covid? Are there replacement players? My league is arguing that Covid is the same as an injury status going into the game. Thoughts?

I don't even think it's arguable that the best solution is to treat it like an injury if the game is cancelled, and if it's questionable you simply name your replacements before their games kickoff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Dude. There are 68 pages of answers to this question.

But yes, my league is allowing designated replacements. 

Not sure why my league is so against it. They are assuming you should make the decision yourself and that its all on the individual to make the roster adjustments even if it costs you a week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't even think it's arguable that the best solution is to treat it like an injury if the game is cancelled, and if it's questionable you simply name your replacements before their games kickoff. 

Thats where my league is at. Treating the covid situation like injuries. Even if its a monday game and its in question and the game is canceled day of. They are saying the player takes the risk to get 0

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, devilfish said:

Shut the season down

In COVID lingo, what's happening now is known as hotspots. You don't shut an entire state down for a few hotspots within the state. The state being the NFL and the cities within the state representing the teams. You place certain restrictions on said teams like shutting down practices and team facilities and postponing games for that individual team and test in those hotspots more. A great example of this is what is happening in New York City. NYC has hot spots within the city where new restrictions/closures have been placed and more testing is being done. The city (for the most part) is still functioning.

My point is the NFL wont shutdown the season unless its a total outbreak where now a significant amount of teams are being affected and the NFL cant get a grip on it from both a health and scheduling POV or an unfortunate tragedy. 

The NFL still has some options that they could employ like adding an extra week or two to the end of the season for example.

I'm all for the safety and well-being of players, staff, families etc. Hell, if I were in charge, there probably wouldn't be a season LOL. However, I'm totally looking at it through the lens of the NFL decision makers and they aren't shutting it down.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

In COVID lingo, what's happening now is known as hotspots. You don't shut an entire state down for a few hotspots within the state. The state being the NFL and the cities within the state representing the teams. You place certain restrictions on said teams like shutting down practices and team facilities and postponing games for that individual team and test in those hotspots more. A great example of this is what is happening in New York City. NYC has hot spots within the city where new restrictions/closures have been placed and more testing is being done. The city (for the most part) is still functioning.

My point is the NFL wont shutdown the season unless its a total outbreak where now a significant amount of teams are being affected and the NFL cant get a grip on it from both a health and scheduling POV or an unfortunate tragedy. 

The NFL still has some options that they could employ like adding an extra week or two to the end of the season for example.

I'm all for the safety and well-being of players, staff, families etc. Hell, if I were in charge, there probably wouldn't be a season LOL. However, I'm totally looking at it through the lens of the NFL decision makers and they aren't shutting it down.

Yea...and I also consider the NFL season a essential business as I need my NFL fix.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Colder weather will only make this virus worse.

 

I'm anticipating a league-wide cancellation of the season or postponement, similar to what the NBA did.

 

Bring on the NFL bubble.

tenor.gif?itemid=5636523

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

The only logical conclusion to eliminate positive Covid tests... is to eliminate the testing entirely.

200.gif

Play ball... no more testing. 

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Can someone explain to me their league plans for COVID, like what happens in your league if someone gets covid? Are there replacement players? My league is arguing that Covid is the same as an injury status going into the game. Thoughts?

Every league I am in there is NO designation player. I believe it’s the only way . 
You live with the sword you die with the sword. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...