NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

21 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Does anyone else not realize that the Thanksgiving day games are now Dallas v Washington, Detroit v Houston. 

Can we please abolish the Lions and Dallas playing on Thanksgiving? Talk about horse **** lineup. 

The NFL wants s*** game on Thanksgiving. The ratings will be high regardless. No one is watching DET v HOU on Sunday afternoon. Everyone is today.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

20 hours ago, TTo34 said:

This is some happy horses***.  Everyone else is making hay, but somehow the Ravens get special treatment.

It's more than just the game. Everyone employed by these teams have lives. They made plans. They have schedules. This week is especially important.

Too bad PIT. You guys keep it together but the teams you play don't and you have to deal with it.

I get the Steelers' frustration, I do, but let's be real, most people aren't (and shouldn't) have a whole lot of sympathy. The reality is these guys have jobs 99% of us would dream of having. PLENTY of people (many who are grossly underpaid) have to work on Thanksgiving. Sorry but I just don't feel THAT bad for a guy making $500k a game having to alter his Thanksgiving plans.  

1 minute ago, Corey In Da House said:

They made San Fran play with all those inactives. They should play or forfeit.

But the NFL accommodated the Titans when they had an outbreak, and pushed back a game to another week. Wouldn't be fair to give the Titans special treatment, especially because they were irresponsible practicing when they were supposed to be quarantining.

I think this game gets moved to Week 18.

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

But the NFL accommodated the Titans when they had an outbreak, and pushed back a game to another week. Wouldn't be fair to give the Titans special treatment, especially because they were irresponsible practicing when they were supposed to be quarantining.

I think this game gets moved to Week 18.

The outside practice thing was overblown and they werent found to be doing anything malicious. That was early in the season too so I cant expect Goodell to know the first right protocol of the bat. He wanted to give Ray Rice a 4 game suspension initially for the elevator incident...

2 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

The outside practice thing was overblown and they werent found to be doing anything malicious. That was early in the season too so I cant expect Goodell to know the first right protocol of the bat. He wanted to give Ray Rice a 4 game suspension initially for the elevator incident...

Ravens/Steelers is going to get moved to Week 18. Watch.

Edited by OriolesMagic
2 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

So if the game gets moved to week 18 do we still start L. Jackson, Claypool, Conner this week and the fantasy games this week get put on hold until week 18 then the final stats are all done and counted for week 12+18?

Depends on the fantasy platform you play on, and not sure if you're joking, but the short answer to your question would be "no". This week would be treated as another bye for your Steelers and Ravens players.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

So if the game gets moved to week 18 do we still start L. Jackson, Claypool, Conner this week and the fantasy games this week get put on hold until week 18 then the final stats are all done and counted for week 12+18?

No lol how would that even work with playoffs? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

Depends on the fantasy platform you play on, and not sure if you're joking, but the short answer to your question would be "no". This week would be treated as another bye for your Steelers and Ravens players.

This happened years ago when a game was postponed about 7-8 weeks later. CBS/yahoo held up the fantasy weeks standings until that game was played and counted for that earlier week. It was not covid of course and I forget why it was postponed that week. Also was not made up week 18 though...I also play in a few leagues with all 17 weeks and no playoffs so will work there.

Edited by FantasyGeek2018
5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic said:

Bingo, fantasy is played thru week 16, if its postponed to week 18, ur sol

• Like 2
Just now, OriolesMagic said:

Under this scenario the league would also increase playoff teams to 8 with no first round byes.  Steelers will be real salty if this is the second game that gets moved on them and it results in them losing a bye.

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I get the Steelers' frustration, I do, but let's be real, most people aren't (and shouldn't) have a whole lot of sympathy. The reality is these guys have jobs 99% of us would dream of having. PLENTY of people (many who are grossly underpaid) have to work on Thanksgiving. Sorry but I just don't feel THAT bad for a guy making $500k a game having to alter his Thanksgiving plans.  

You do realize how many people are involved in an NFL team that don't make $500K a game, right. There are other people than the players on your fantasy football team.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic