NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

[ Posts removed.  This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including but not limited to armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action. ]

• Thanks 5
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB.

Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

I agree with you.  There is a lot of Broncos player and beat writer butt hurt on twitter right now😂

Edited by ColoWrex

Anyone remember when the Panthers did this? Delhomme and Weinke were both hurt, so they just shotgun snapped to Deangelo Williams and Deshaun Foster every play. The original wildcat before the Dolphins.

Anyway, I feel like this makes the Saints offense hard to use. The clock will basically be running the entire game other than turnovers and scores 

• Like 1

I WAS ALL IN.. BUT I think I'm bolting with playoffs on the line.

image_bigger.jpg

9m
I’m told at least two more Ravens starters will be placed on COVID list by tomorrow, at least one of which has tested positive for COVID
Edited by mjb
3 minutes ago, mjb said:

I WAS ALL IN.. BUT I think I'm bolting with playoffs on the line.

image_bigger.jpg

9m
I’m told at least two more Ravens starters will be placed on COVID list by tomorrow, at least one of which has tested positive for COVID

same sitting big ben superfex for a wr :( and all my shares of diontae 

7 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

They cant afford to isolate this last game, next week will be the pause week.

This is the most plausible "what if" scenario I've seen. they throw in the towel for a week or two.

While plausible - I still don't think it's realistic - at least not yet. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This is the most plausible "what if" scenario I've seen. they throw in the towel for a week or two.

They'd sacrifice a week, but they need to complete this week honestly. Throw out some bodies, make an exception and then re-evaluate this coming week.

6 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I don’t think they do this unless like half the teams in the league are dealing with issues. Otherwise they just keep powering through 

• Like 2
Just now, owenmills said:

I don’t think they do this unless like half the teams in the league are dealing with issues. Otherwise they just keep powering through 

they already have the 49ers thing to deal with as well, you are just ignoring the 9-10 days post Thanksgiving and Black Friday. It's  not gonna be pretty...

Just now, Corey In Da House said:

they already have the 49ers thing to deal with as well, you are just ignoring the 9-10 days post Thanksgiving and Black Friday. It's  not gonna be pretty...

The 49ers thing seems super easy to deal with compared to sick players. They just move those games. Pausing isn’t even going to help that situation unless they pause for like 3 weeks

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

The 49ers thing seems super easy to deal with compared to sick players. They just move those games. Pausing isn’t even going to help that situation unless they pause for like 3 weeks

Lets just ignore the proven fact that Lamar got it IN GAME as well. Smart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1