NBC Sports Edge Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

In a potential laugher, Big Ben may spend the entire second half handing it off to 3rd and 4th string RBs.  Or watching from the sidelines.

Roger really wants these games to be played.  Covid or no Covid.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Any reports out before the 2PM’s on the likelihood of the Pitt/BAL game happening?

I don't think we're going to know anything concrete about that until after it's too late to do us any good for the 1pm and 4pm games. Right now the game is on but there's always a chance more positives pop up and the game is called off. 

Just adding an edit to say that, as has been mentioned elsewhere around here, I think the League will do everything short of sending out Keanu Reeves and the Replacements to make that game happen on Tuesday, judging by what they're pushing the Broncos through today.

Edited by yossarian
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Steve226 said:

Besides money for the NFL...

What is the difference between the Saints being penalized for celebrating in the locker room (with supposedly healthy, negative-tested teammates) and the NFL making this Ravens/Steelers game happen given both teams have a bunch of positive results?

If I’m the Saints, I make a point and take the NFL to court over that. Players play all game unmasked. They stand on the sidelines unmasked. They mingle before the game unmasked. They shake hands and hug after the game unmasked. But the NFL wants to take a stand about them being unmasked in the locker room after the game?? Give me a break. I hope Rita Benson rakes Goodell and his hypocrisy over the coals publicly. 

Just now, ColoWrex said:

Good luck to anyone with Pit/Bal players still in their lineup

they just can't play the game at this point, can they? that whole Ravens franchise just needs to be shut down for at least 7 days, if not more.

Just have your best Madden player on each team play a game on ps5. Pit vs Bal and whoever wins gets the win in real life.. #RemoteplayCovidsafe.

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

So what are the biggest differences between the ravens and the broncos game? That the ravens keep having more positive tests and it’s more widespread?

Only Driskel tested positive, the other QBs were just "high-risk close contacts" and they didn't wear masks at practice. Half of the Ravens roster has tested positive already.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

So what are the biggest differences between the ravens and the broncos game? That the ravens keep having more positive tests and it’s more widespread?

I read an article that said even if Baltimore activated their entire practice squad they still wouldn't have a full game day roster.

3 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I read an article that said even if Baltimore activated their entire practice squad they still wouldn't have a full game day roster.

and with the need for 5 days of testing they can't even bring in anyone off the street to play.

Edited by ColoWrex
RT @jonas_shaffer: An NFL spokesman says there is no change to the status of Tuesday's game. Ravens vs. Steelers is still on.
Blogger / Podcaster

Ravens players back at facility for conditioning work https://t.co/3RedhubRbZ
TV / Radio Network
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 straight days with a postive case (Willie Snead)  If the game isn't cancelled now, not sure what it's going to take to have a cancellation/postponement/forfeit.😐

1 minute ago, mjb said:

8 straight days with a postive case (Willie Snead)  If the game isn't cancelled now, not sure what it's going to take to have a cancellation/postponement/forfeit.😐

They're not going to cancel.

If there are enough healthy bodies to fill positions the game will take place.

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Ravens should just forfeit. 

Half the team is out. You swear RG3 and this skeleton team will even put up a FG playing @ PIT

It’s going to be a massacre. 

I really doubt it's their decision to make, the league has the TV contracts and all that.