NBC Sports Edge Forums

Darius Slayton 2020 Outlook

He’s been a depth guy for me up until this point, but because of injuries I need this guy to step up tomorrow! The 9ers D is still good and stout. I’m hoping if anything with their loss of Bosa,Thomas, and Sherman is gives Danny more time to see Slayton through his routes! 

Let’s go! I’d be happy with a 7/84/1 game

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But Slayton is the high upside guy here. We know what Shep is - solid hands and a chain mover who isn't scared to go across the middle and get those gritty yards. He is not, however, a deep threat or

I'M SUPER CONFIDENT!     Because I have no other options due to byes and rescheduled games.

Dropped. Shepherd coming back. Just a lottery pick after a good spree at the end of last year that fizzled when saquan got hurt

1 hour ago, MasonBlue said:

Same here ... right now I’m rolling Kelley. CAR bleeds points to RBs. No game script concerns here. Lots of carries and multiple plunge TDs possible. 

True but there is still Ekeler as lead back so you could get a 17 for 65 no catches and if no touchdown he will have no value.

Slayton has no pass rush against him with 3 defensive line starters out as well as a banged up secondary. I except at least 5 for 80 or 100 and a td 

3 hours ago, apirate said:

Debating him or A Gibson. Really liked what I saw from slayton week 1 though. He looked like the only viable and reliable option for Danny

I think he's gonna be a solid WR2 this year. There's clearly a connection there, he gets a lot of targets, and he has about as high a ceiling as anyone. 

20 hours ago, MasonBlue said:

Same here ... right now I’m rolling Kelley. CAR bleeds points to RBs. No game script concerns here. Lots of carries and multiple plunge TDs possible. 

Would you in ppr also?  Think Slayton set up for a big game. No run game no shepherd and 49ers defense is missing 3 pass rushers and their top corner. 

12 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

What are you guys doing in a 10 man full point PPR league with him? Not sure if I should hold or cut him.

I'm struggling with this exact scenario. You can't cut him I think - but you can't sell him right now either. Nor can you start him. That pretty much leaves him on the bench. Hopefully another couple weeks will tell us if he's a drop/sell/keep.

• Like 1

10-teams he's gonna be right around the cut line, but I'd lean towards holding him if you can.  It's a hard question to answer in this forum because it depends so much on the rest of your roster and who you'd be replacing him with.

The good news is, the Giants are so bad that he's going to have game-script in his favor virtually every game.  Would be nice to get a little more consistency from the kid.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:07 PM, jagsfan05 said:

What are you guys doing in a 10 man full point PPR league with him? Not sure if I should hold or cut him.

I’m holding him as my WR5.  Last WR on the bench.  He’s the WR1 for NYG and that’s more valuable vs chasing points on the “hot” WR3 from the weekend IMO.  He would be scooped if I cut him, so I’m holding. 

If needed I could see packaging him, but I have enough confidence in him to roll out into the flex if needed during bye weeks. That’s his role on my roster. Deep bench insurance. 

Edited by Cleanface

There seems like decent upside here. Steelers/Bears/49ers is a pretty rough defensive slate to start the season. The numbers were there against Pittsburgh, but Jones only threw for 241 and 179 yards the last two weeks. There's no running game to be speak of in New York. If we really think Jones (and the Giants) are going to throw for around 200 yards every week then Slayton's probably worth little. But if the total yards tick up, even if in garbage time, then it seems great for Slayton. He's the top guy on a team that pretty much will have to throw the ball.

Slayton is still a hold for me, he'll be a bye week/injury filler with boom potential.

But Daniel Jones is trash, as both a fantasy QB and real life QB. Sadly with Colt McCoy as backup, the QB situation is what it is this year.