NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Darius Slayton 2020 Outlook

jagsfan05

21 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I dropped him for AB... I could have used his roster spot for a number of guys that have been providing much more fantasy value. I wish I cut bait after week 2. Feels good to move on. 

Hope you're in a small league.  Slayton needs to be rostered.  And AB definitely doesn't.

Edited by JJ1223

18 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Hope you're in a small league.  Slayton needs to be rostered.  And AB definitely doesn't.

I've watched more Giants football this season then I want to admit because I own him in two leagues. What I have seen is a good talent, a bad QB, a worst O line and horrendous game plan. Last night Shepard was getting a lot of love. Slayton has scored under 10 points in 4 of 8 games pre Shepard, the two games he scored over 20 included garbage time scores (I get it, garbage time doesn't matter in fantasy, but I don't want to depend on it). These are the players I have considered dropping him for at this point in the season. Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Mike Davis. Basically three mistakes I have made... The only time I would play Slayton in a 10 team league is because of byes. Just can't wait any longer.... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I've watched more Giants football this season then I want to admit because I own him in two leagues. What I have seen is a good talent, a bad QB, a worst O line and horrendous game plan. Last night Shepard was getting a lot of love. Slayton has scored under 10 points in 4 of 8 games pre Shepard, the two games he scored over 20 included garbage time scores (I get it, garbage time doesn't matter in fantasy, but I don't want to depend on it). These are the players I have considered dropping him for at this point in the season. Justin Jefferson, Chase Claypool, Mike Davis. Basically three mistakes I have made... The only time I would play Slayton in a 10 team league is because of byes. Just can't wait any longer.... 

If Slayton is truly the worst player on your roster and you're looking at players like that on the WW, I agree with you he's droppable. But for many of us in this thread he is important depth, for example he came up big for me when I played him against the Cowboys and had other receivers injured/on BYE. Every situation is different.

• Like 1

Is Slayton droppable at this point? Back to back 2 catch/4 target games and now Shepherd is back siphoning targets. He's still a big play threat but Daniel Jones and that O-Line is just so bad, he's averaging under 200 yards and 1 TD per game. It makes the Giants receiving pie so small

17 hours ago, HooDat said:

Is Slayton droppable at this point? Back to back 2 catch/4 target games and now Shepherd is back siphoning targets. He's still a big play threat but Daniel Jones and that O-Line is just so bad, he's averaging under 200 yards and 1 TD per game. It makes the Giants receiving pie so small

I dropped him, but hoping to get him back before week 12

Edited by scheibler

17 hours ago, HooDat said:

Outside of like a 12-team league bye week filler he's not someone you're gonna start ROS. Personally I'd rather roster someone with upside, like a handcuff for instance. 

It's not that Slayton's been bad, or that he won't have good weeks, but he's a WR3/4 which isn't a starter in most leagues. 

• Like 1

I think he is the most talented guy on the team at WR.  He probably is still battling those injuries from the past two weeks.  I view him like Mike Williams; too good to drop and if they are allowed to be the focal point of the offense they kill it.

41 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I think he is the most talented guy on the team at WR.  He probably is still battling those injuries from the past two weeks.  I view him like Mike Williams; too good to drop and if they are allowed to be the focal point of the offense they kill it.

Like Mike Williams, too good to drop and too inconsistent to start 

Think you guys are way too low on Slayton. The Giants threw like 2 passes against Washington, and he still caught a TD. He's had one bad game. Other than that, he's more low end WR2 than WR4. Shepard hurts a little on volume, but also helps open up the deep routes. 

9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Think you guys are way too low on Slayton. The Giants threw like 2 passes against Washington, and he still caught a TD. He's had one bad game. Other than that, he's more low end WR2 than WR4. Shepard hurts a little on volume, but also helps open up the deep routes. 

Are they too low on Slayton? Or completely on the mark about the complete dumpster fire that is Daniel Jones and the NY Giants?  (rubs chin)

I don’t care how talented he is, he’s not talented enough to overcome this mess. There’s not a single player on this team that I would want ((this season) in a shallow league. They all have ceilings of complete mediocrity.

Edited by jmcampbe11
  • Like 1

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

Are they too low on Slayton? Or completely on the mark about the complete dumpster fire that is Daniel Jones and the NY Giants?  (rubs chin)

I don’t care how talented is. He’s not talented enough to overcome this mess. Not this season.

I mean, the Jets are a dumpster fire, and Crowder is doing well. Washington too, and TMac is eating. I don't know that he's as good as either, but a team sucking doesn't mean all of its players are automatically fantasy irrelevant. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

I mean, the Jets are a dumpster fire, and Crowder is doing well. Washington too, and TMac is eating. I don't know that he's as good as either, but a team sucking doesn't mean all of its players are automatically fantasy irrelevant. 

Redskins at least have a semblance of a running game. And the Jets QB situation is and was much better than the Giants. I’d also be shopping Crowder HARD if I owned him.