NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pick 5 in a 14-team PPR league

Assuming that McCaffrey, Barkley, Zeke and Kamara are gone, I think Michael Thomas is the best player left. But I also think I'll be hurting at the RB position if I don't take one in the first round. Who would you take?

I’d go MT for the safe pick. Mixon, Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Conner, Bell should be available later in rounds 2-4. If you want a RB probably go Derrick Henry. Word is the Titans are only rostering two RBs and he may be involved more in the passing game. 

10 minutes ago, kaesr said:

Assuming that McCaffrey, Barkley, Zeke and Kamara are gone, I think Michael Thomas is the best player left. But I also think I'll be hurting at the RB position if I don't take one in the first round. Who would you take?

I took Thomas in a 12 teamer, took D-hop in the second. You'll be looking at a Carson maybe D Johnson type RB in the second. My first RB was Gurley in the the 4th. I'm loaded at WR in PPR but my RBs are weak. Consider Cook or Kamara at 5 if you're worried about RB strength. People are RB crazy this tear... I like to zig when they zag.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I’d go MT for the safe pick. Mixon, Ekeler, Aaron Jones, Conner, Bell should be available later in rounds 2-4. If you want a RB probably go Derrick Henry. Word is the Titans are only rostering two RBs and he may be involved more in the passing game. 

Every RB you list in the second was gone when I drafted from the 5 hole. Except Conner he went after my Gurley pick in the 4th. Bell is not 2nd round material. He went after Conner in the 4th. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, keven said:

Every RB you list in the second was gone when I drafted from the 5 hole. Except Conner he went after my Gurley pick in the 4th. Bell is not 2nd round material. He went after Conner in the 4th. 

No, I was saying he could pick up some of those guys later if he went Thomas. Mixon and Ekeler are the only 2nd rd guys. Jones a 3rd rd guy. The other two 4th. So if he didn’t take a back with his first pick there would still be decent ones left on the board. 

Edited by FitzMagic
3 hours ago, kaesr said:

What about Dalvin Cook?