NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, fingers said:

What's the deal with this guy? Anyone buying?

Heck no lol I’d be pissed if i started this guy and he finished with 2 points. It’s either 2 points or 20 with him nothing in between. 
i rather take a look at guys like Darnell Mooney. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

👆😁

What's his theoretical upside if Herbert is a 35 attempts per game guy? Keenan 10-12 targets Henry 5-7 targets That leaves 15-20 targets. 7-10 for RBS 10 remaining Targets. Can Mik

Posted Images

Definitely buying as at least a high quality bye week filler. His talent combined with a talented gunslinger QB? Going to result in fireworks some weeks. Obviously a volatile player, but there’s no debating that he has week winning upside. 

• Like 1

Mike Williams is Mike Williams. He'll go for 5/120/2 against a tough defense, and then 1/5/0 against a soft defense. He can get you 0 or 30. He's the definition of boom or bust. Extremely volatile with big upside and a bedrock floor. 

Schedule looks pretty good.

Week 9 LV                  
Week 10 @MIA                  
Week 11 NYJ                  
Week 12 @BUF                  
Week 13 NWE                  
Week 14 ATL                  
Week 15 @LV                  
Week 16 DEN
  • Like 1

He's still riding my bench.  We've been down this road too many times before.  He has a good game, then gets 2 targets the next game.  Let me see 3-4 games in a row where he is getting 5 targets or more and then my opinion will start to change. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
3 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Schedule looks pretty good.

Yeah very promising, but I tend not to look at matchups as much .. with a player like Mike Williams.

He's so volatile to begin with, plus Keenan usually draws the best corner anyhow. 

Man, this guy was two fingertip catches away from having a monster day. Unfortunately, he falls harder than anyone in the game and it forced him out on the final play of the game. Anyway, he seems a lot safer now with Herbert’s beautiful deep balls (😏) and his willingness to take a shot on him in the end zone when they have him 1on1. He’ll come down with those more often than not. You just have to hope he stands back up after he comes down. 

• Like 1

Not once but twice he dropped touchdown passes today.  Crazy 

37 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Let's hope he plays this week. I am concerned he will miss some time. 

He's always hurt 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Not once but twice he dropped touchdown passes today.  Crazy 

I was pretty sure that one at the end of the game should've counted, he got both feet down and had more control than the final play of the game.  He could've had another monster day with the early TD drop and that one, but i'll take 81 yards and getting a lot of RZ targets.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, TheINC said:

I was pretty sure that one at the end of the game should've counted, he got both feet down and had more control than the final play of the game.  He could've had another monster day with the early TD drop and that one, but i'll take 81 yards and getting a lot of RZ targets.

Was the first drop bad or was it a tough play like the second one?

5 hours ago, TheINC said:

I’m with you on that one. Two feet down maintained control, only at the end did the ball come loose.

But it should’t have mattered at that point.

I feel so bad for the Chargers, heartbreak after heartbreak.

Herbert is such a stud , kid doesn’t deserve this. 

45 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Was the first drop bad or was it a tough play like the second one?

A bit of both mate. It was on his fingertips. Not the best thrown ball but definitely catchable.

He usually comes down with those. Just one of those games.

Chargers gonna Chargers , what else is new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

6 for 103 and 1 td. 

Three straight consistent games? Lmao.

Dolphins are incredibly strong on the boundaries...he's going to get locked down by Howard or Jones with not much problem.

This game is a Keenan and Hunter game...and honestly a game where Herbert is due to regress. Dolphins are legit and the Chargers gotta go through 9 hours of flying and time change for this one. 

• Like 1
On 11/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, RunCMC said:

I’m with you on that one. Two feet down maintained control, only at the end did the ball come loose.

I fully agree, but it is the rule--you need that "football move" or else maintain your possession through contact with the ground.  I think that it is a stupid rule (especially since a "football move" is so vague and subjective), but them's the rules.

Hard to believe he wasn’t even mentioned on the injury report after having come down hard and laying on the ground motionless after his last play. I know that’s how he lands half the time but still. As mentioned above, Miami is strong at the boundaries and you never know when they scheme him out of the game plan due to injury or other factors. Outside of a jump ball TD, I’m expecting a quiet day for him this week. 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Anyone starting against New England? lol - I'm thinking this game looks pretty ugly on paper...

I'm not, I think Gilmore will be on him a lot of the time when Allen lines up in the slot. I still think he's a viable WR3 next week against Atlanta, and in week 15 against Las Vegas. 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, claig34 said:

I'm not, I think Gilmore will be on him a lot of the time when Allen lines up in the slot. I still think he's a viable WR3 next week against Atlanta, and in week 15 against Las Vegas. 

In the 2018 playoff game, Gilmore shadowed Keenan 38 out of 50 routes including 22 of 33 in the slot.  J.C. Jackson shadowed Williams on 34 of his 46 routes.  Williams had 5 catches on 10 targets for 68 yards, 0 TDs (Rivers threw 50 times).  I will only be trotting him out if ARob can't play.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Strangeglove said:

In the 2018 playoff game, Gilmore shadowed Keenan 38 out of 50 routes including 22 of 33 in the slot.  J.C. Jackson shadowed Williams on 34 of his 46 routes.  Williams had 5 catches on 10 targets for 68 yards, 0 TDs (Rivers threw 50 times).  I will only be trotting him out if ARob can't play.

I would argue that the Pats D this year is a shadow of the 2018 squad.  And if Gilmore shadows Allen (which he should), then Williams should get some opportunities on the outside. He's always such a boom or bust play as it is, but I don't see the Pats completely shutting down Herbs this week. Belichek will key in on Eckler and Allen, and Herbs will need to look elsewhere. 

Edited by TheINC