NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Williams and Henry should be making a Jail Break next year. I refuse to believe BMW is not a stud as a featured WR. His mistake was the Chargers drafting him - he should have pulled an Eli.

I doubted him a bit until last year.  I watched a ton of his games and the dude would make circus catch after circus catch when they needed him to.  He set an NFL record for fewest receptions for a 1,000 yard season IIRC.   He looked great to me aside from the constantly getting banged up part.  The fact he has gotten about the same amount of targets as Guyton in 2 of the last 3 weeks is silly.  I look forward to him going elsewhere and getting some actual work.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

👆😁

What's his theoretical upside if Herbert is a 35 attempts per game guy? Keenan 10-12 targets Henry 5-7 targets That leaves 15-20 targets. 7-10 for RBS 10 remaining Targets. Can Mik

Posted Images

19 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Who's rolling the Mike Williams dice this week? 

Ofcourse huge matchup here ! I think Chargers come out guns a blazing 

+ He's due for a blow up.

Beautiful poetry if dude comes through for us now that we're all at the big dance. 

46 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

He left with a back injury. I hope this isn't serious.

Really? The serious-er the better imo. Bout done with this BUST after 3 years of what we just saw today. He needs a fresh start on new real and fantasy teams.

• Like 2

Ouch. Really think he could have stood out today. For those wondering what happened he never game back after getting injured on the first drive.

Lynn after the game said he had soreness in pre-game. Woulda been nice to know that.

Edited by bangarrang
  • Thanks 1

Denver's CB depth chart

1. 1.  A.J. Bouye - suspended
  2. 2.  Bryce Callahan - IR
  3. 3.  Duke Dawson - torn ACL
  4. 4.  Kevin Toliver - torn ACL

But Denver has the NFL's 3rd worst run defense by ypc and TDs, so maybe Anthony Lynn grinds it out on the ground.

Hunter Henry has been ruled out (Covid).  Keenan Allen is a game time decision.  More targets coming Mike's way?

In 6 games where he had 7+ targets he averaged 13+ points, which puts him at about the #8 WR in the NFL.  So, when getting good usage, he's a mid-to-low WR1.  And he's playing against 3rd string CBs.

Edited by Nap Time
19 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

No Keenan and Hunter Henry...how are people feeling about him? Is he their WR1 or do guys like Guyton and Johnson steal the spotlight here?

its really impossible to decipher. Can honestly make a case for all of them. And maybe all 3 are solid plays who knows. Seems like johnson would be the safest and williams the highest upside?  Gonna be thinking about this one for a while. 

39 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

No Keenan and Hunter Henry...how are people feeling about him? Is he their WR1 or do guys like Guyton and Johnson steal the spotlight here?

On the bright side, in his last game against Denver before they were decimated with injuries, Williams caught 5 out of 8 targets for 99 yards and 1 TD.  Also, vs N.O. when Keenan left the game in the first quarter, Williams balled out and caught 5 out of 8 targets for 109 yards and two TDs.  I've got Keenan and Arob both with hammy's so starting to consider Williams as a starter in my championship.  He has been a full participant in practice all week so hopefully over his back issue.  Could have huge game and could have a dud.

• Like 1