NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

9 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Looking ahead to week 7...I have an open spot to stash a defense. Eagles and Chargers look like the only decent option on my waivers. Eagles play the Giants and Chargers play the Jags. Is Philly the choice here?

Deciding on the same 2 options. 

My gut is telling me to stash LAC. I think they have a better overall defense, with more talent as a whole. 

They also have a friendlier schedule past next week: Jax, Den, LV, NYJ. So could potentially be more than a 1 week play. 

I do understand the allure of Philly getting Daniel Jones and that atrocious NYG oline, but part of them expects them to start to improve moving forward. 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:57 PM, GoPackGo23 said:

Looking ahead to week 7...I have an open spot to stash a defense. Eagles and Chargers look like the only decent option on my waivers. Eagles play the Giants and Chargers play the Jags. Is Philly the choice here?

On 10/17/2020 at 6:21 AM, UVA_Drew said:

Deciding on the same 2 options. 

My gut is telling me to stash LAC. I think they have a better overall defense, with more talent as a whole. 

They also have a friendlier schedule past next week: Jax, Den, LV, NYJ. So could potentially be more than a 1 week play. 

I do understand the allure of Philly getting Daniel Jones and that atrocious NYG oline, but part of them expects them to start to improve moving forward. 

I think I’ve changed my mind. 

Might just go with Philly defense for Week 7. Giants offense is clearly the much better matchup, don’t want to overthink things. 

What are the thoughts on the Dolphins defense? After tonight, they’ll either be the 5th or 6th highest scoring DST in one of my leagues, depending on how KC does. Is this just a fluke because they’ve played Jax, San Fran, and the Fighting Gases in three of the last four weeks? Or could this be one of those surprise defenses this season? My gut tells me “fluke”. 

They head to a bye now and come back to home dates vs LAR, LAC, Cincy and road dates vs Arz, Denver, Jets through week 13...then KC, NE, @LV in weeks 14-16. 

5 hours ago, Nappyroots said:

I have Colts D. Their ROS after bye looks UGLY! That combined with the face they didn't destroy The Bengals I feel its time to move on. Would you want Rams or Saints ROS?

I think I'd have to go with the Rams, who are ranked as 3rd overall in my league. I wouldn't be afraid of Chicago next week. Seattle in weeks 10 and 16 might cause problems. But they have SF in week 12, NE in week 14, and NYJ in week 15. 

And as a Saints fan, they just haven't looked right on defense. They didn't put up fantasy numbers against Vegas or Detroit, and they let a rookie QB throw all over them. They have Tampa and Atlanta x2, and KC in week 15. They do have some nice matchups, but I frankly trust the Rams defense a lot more at this point. 

Jmho :)

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Chiefs sitting on the waiver wire in my league. They get Denver this week and an amazing matchup against the Jets next week. Considering blowing my waiver position...

Funny, someone dropped TB in my league and Im thinking about grabbing them (and dropping KC) knowing full well KC's game vs NYJ next week 

5 hours ago, yanksman said:

Funny, someone dropped TB in my league and Im thinking about grabbing them (and dropping KC) knowing full well KC's game vs NYJ next week 

Tampa is a good D and they just made a trade to somewhat fill the void of Vita Vea. I like picking them up over KC.

• Thanks 1
On 10/17/2020 at 4:20 PM, squidthunder said:

Hey fellas

Another week 7 question. I currently own Baltimore (bye for week 7) and here's the options:

Rams vs Bears (MNF)

Eagles vs Giants (TNF)

Chargers vs. Jax 

Eagles or Chargers based on opponent giveaways. I hate Thursday Night and Chargers are fresh off a bye. Advantage Chargers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheByeRound said:

14 team league. 

Currently have Colts DST but looking to drop for Bucs. 

My waiver priority is at the tail end so I think I'll be unlikely to get them. 

Rams DST is available. Are they worth a punt or am I better off holding Colts? 

Put in two claims, the first for TB, the second for LAR, if you don't get TB then you will (probably) get the LAR with your next choice.

I am going out on a limb and considering picking up the Cinci DST - playing CLV at home who is starting Case Keenum.

• Like 1
On 10/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, GoPackGo23 said:

My logic is Philly just lost two (more) skill position starters on offense, so their defense will be on the field A LOT. Will they get worn down?

11 minutes ago, LookeeHereKeith said:

Put in two claims, the first for TB, the second for LAR, if you don't get TB then you will (probably) get the LAR with your next choice.

I am going out on a limb and considering picking up the Cinci DST - playing CLV at home who is starting Case Keenum.

sneaky good play.  i like this....

On 10/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, GoBlue41 said:

I currently have the San Francisco D. Looks like a hard schedule remains. 
Tennessee is available and so is Tampa Bay. Are either worth picking up as a rest of season replacement? Or just keep SF? 

Do you think your team will make the playoffs? I know it's early, but that's one big thing I look at,

Weeks 14-15-16-17

SF plays Wash @Dall @Az Sea

TN plays @Jax Det @GB @Hou

TB plays Minn @Atl @Det Atl again.

19 minutes ago, LookeeHereKeith said:

I am thinking of just taking a new DST every week.

Just looking on the WW to see who is playing a team that isn't playing too well, or a team playing a new QB.

Isn't that the point of this thread?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, LookeeHereKeith said:

To swap out a DST EVERY week? No, that usually isn't the norm.

Yes, it is quite normal.

It is called “streaming defenses” which is quite literally the name of this thread lol. 

There are entire weekly articles and segments by every fantasy site dedicated to exactly this strategy. 

• Like 1