NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

51 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Anyone else tonight starting Philly D ?

Hoping for an ugly game here. 

Philly was my first choice, but I missed them now I have to choose between the Giants and Chargers.  So ya I think Philly is safe for tonight should get some sacks and a turnover or two

• Like 1

I know the Ravens are a start and forget type defense. But there are 2 defenses on the wire that I’m thinking about snagging up. 

The Dolphins and the Cardinals. Dolphins have the Jets week 12 and the Cardinals have the Giants week 14 (playoffs for some) I might let it ride out but after week 9 if the Dolphins are still there, I think I grab them depending how my roster looks  I can Carry 2 defenses for a few weeks. Plus it eliminates the possibility of my opponent picking them up week 12 and them balling out. 

Would also like to note that Seattle has the Jets week 14. And you know Jamal Adams has had that matchup circled on his calendar all season. 

Edited by GurleyTHIRTY
4 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Someone convince me that the Giants are actually a decent start tonight? They've been getting lots of pressure, 6th ranked DST on the season, good matchup against a struggling Wentz... but I still hate it so much.

Options on the Wire include Chargers, 49ers, Bears... Chargers feel like a floor play at best, even with Melvin Ingram coming back. 

I'm trying to talk myself into the same.  I'm riding Steelers all season but no way I'm playing anyone against the Titans.  I'm deciding between Browns and Giants. 

Browns are obviously the better defense, but Cinci can put up points and already hung 30 on the Browns earlier this season.  Meanwhile the Eagles are HURT and also the short week helps.  Leaning Giants definitely, but I want to vomit just thinking about it...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I know the Ravens are a start and forget type defense. But there are 2 defenses on the wire that I’m thinking about snagging up. 

The Dolphins and the Cardinals. Dolphins have the Jets week 12 and the Cardinals have the Giants week 14 (playoffs for some) I might let it ride out but after week 9 if the Dolphins are still there, I think I grab them depending how my roster looks  I can Carry 2 defenses for a few weeks. Plus it eliminates the possibility of my opponent picking them up week 12 and them balling out. 

Would also like to note that Seattle has the Jets week 14. And you know Jamal Adams has had that matchup circled on his calendar all season. 

Cleveland and Seattle are the playoff defense to stash. Too early for that now though.

Hey guys

So, I'm thinking about playing it sneaky this week, as I'm playing the guy I'm tied with for 2nd place. He hasn't picked up a D for this week yet , and there's some good options available. I currently have both Ravens (bye) and Rams. I do have an extra roster spot, and could grab the Chiefs from the WW (I'm really loving their Week 8 matchup vs. the Jets). I would then drop the Rams D prior to kickoff on Sunday and making him go with a different option.

Thoughts? 

Grab the Chiefs or just ride out the Rams ?

17 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Hey guys

So, I'm thinking about playing it sneaky this week, as I'm playing the guy I'm tied with for 2nd place. He hasn't picked up a D for this week yet , and there's some good options available. I currently have both Ravens (bye) and Rams. I do have an extra roster spot, and could grab the Chiefs from the WW (I'm really loving their Week 8 matchup vs. the Jets). I would then drop the Rams D prior to kickoff on Sunday and making him go with a different option.

Thoughts? 

Grab the Chiefs or just ride out the Rams ?

Yes, do it.  I've used this strategy before, too.  If you can pull it off without hurting yourself, block him from as many good options as you can.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yes, do it.  I've used this strategy before, too.  If you can pull it off without hurting yourself, block him from as many good options as you can.

Thanks for the reply - my only concern is that the Bucs are still available as well. And a good add.

5 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Anyone else tonight starting Philly D ?

Hoping for an ugly game here. 

Starting them over PIT (@TEN) but still don’t feel great about it. Just banking on short week and at home vs a crappy opponent...

Just now, LSUtiger said:

Starting them over PIT (@TEN) but still don’t feel great about it. Just banking on short week and at home vs a crappy opponent...

I planned on starting Eagles too but I'm thinking that defense will be on the field a ton with how weakened the Eagles offense is. No Miles Sanders, No Zach Ertz, No Dallas Goedert, No Alshon Jeffrey. Giants D is lookin better and better..

• Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, mortman212 said:

DST Streaming help, Giants vs Eagles, Chargers vs Jags, Bears vs Rams or Browns vs Bengals

Thanks

Bears for me. They are playing better, a really good D in terms of allowing yards. And Goff is prone to mistakes.

6 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Solid game from the Eagles D/ST. I wish I could have a D/ST playing against Daniel Jones every week. 

I believe most defenses can be started against the Jets and/or Giants. 

Pretty much guaranteed some sacks + turnovers. 

On 10/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, JJ1223 said:

I'm trying to talk myself into the same.  I'm riding Steelers all season but no way I'm playing anyone against the Titans.  I'm deciding between Browns and Giants. 

Browns are obviously the better defense, but Cinci can put up points and already hung 30 on the Browns earlier this season.  Meanwhile the Eagles are HURT and also the short week helps.  Leaning Giants definitely, but I want to vomit just thinking about it...

Titans haven’t played a legit defense all year yet. I think you may be overthinking this one here. Steelers average 4 sacks per game with at least 1 int, Browns only scored 4pts last game vs the Bengals. I could see Cle/Pit defenses putting up similar points this week IMO.

Edited by Tomei7
4 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Titans haven’t played a legit defense all year yet. I think you may be overthinking this one here. Steelers average 4 sacks per game with at least 1 int, Browns only scored 4pts last game vs the Bengals. I could see Cle/Pit defenses putting up similar points this week IMO.

Would have been great advise before Thursday night. Thanks, though. 

52 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I guess u went with the Giants then, I’ve done that in the past, overthinking it and not playing my top tier def against a gd offense and I’d go with the matchup, it usually has always broke even tbh, unless it’s like a Buf vs Jets matchup this week, that’s diff story.

Edited by Tomei7
2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Wasn't a terrible play until Wentz' frickin classic parlay-breaking-touchdown-in-the-final-minute BS... Was the difference between a perfectly average week and a bad week.