NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

23 minutes ago, GoBlue41 said:

Which option is best for week 9?

Washington vs. NYG

Arizona vs. MIA (Tua first road game)

Houston @ JAX (QB is Luton/Glennon)

Its hard for me to decide, but I went with Wash. At the very least they will get sacks, but NYG could be dangerous with slayton, engram, tate etc. So its tough, Houston would be right after. 

11 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Its hard for me to decide, but I went with Wash. At the very least they will get sacks, but NYG could be dangerous with slayton, engram, tate etc. So its tough, Houston would be right after. 

I added Hou and Wash (along with holding the Rams lol).  Trying to debate who to roll out.  Wash busted when they played NYG a couple weeks ago, and Giants held their own vs a much better TB D tonite. I think i'm leaning Hou just bc Luton is a rookie and we know rookies make mistakes. And agree that Giants have more firepower to run up the score than Jax will, while the turnover potential is probably even w Luton now.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:53 AM, rookie01 said:

i am holding onto Colts for ROS. Any thoughts?

Debating them as they were dropped in my 14 teamer.

Problem is there really isn't a matchup to feel great about until basically week 17.

They've basically had a dream schedule up until this point and now it's a nightmare schedule the rest of the way.

Just really tough leaving the #1 defense at this point on waivers.

I guess the rest of the season will tell if they are really for real on defense or if their results so far are just a product of who they've played.

On 11/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, TheINC said:

I added Hou and Wash (along with holding the Rams lol).  Trying to debate who to roll out.  Wash busted when they played NYG a couple weeks ago, and Giants held their own vs a much better TB D tonite. I think i'm leaning Hou just bc Luton is a rookie and we know rookies make mistakes. And agree that Giants have more firepower to run up the score than Jax will, while the turnover potential is probably even w Luton now.

I was choosing between the same 2 teams. I like Texans upside against the rookie. I can see Texans jump out to a lead and force sacks and turnovers. Can't say the same for the Redskins offense.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Anybody else expecting a good game from Texans D against the rookie Luton? They are my stream of the week. 

I have the same question. there's boom/bust potential here considering the shoddy defense vs rookie QB...no one knows really. Texans have implied -8 total though so that's usually good for some turnoves and sacks/strips.

What's the best way to counter the Steelers this week? I currently have the Bucs, but what is another defense that you can get that has boom potential:

Colts

Texans

Falcons

Dolphins?

Or stick with Bucs since they are a high floor option...Brees rarely makes mistakes though. 

For those of you with TB, I like MIA and CLE as complimentary defenses to hold for the stretch run. TB's big shy-away matchups are week 12 vs. KC and perhaps week 15 @ATL; MIA gets @NYJ in week 12 and vs. NE in week 15, while CLE gets @JAX in week 12 and two supremely juicy matchups in weeks 15 and 16 with @NYG and @NYJ, respectively. 

The other consideration is TB's week-13 bye (though who knows if this moves at some point), and CLE has a bad matchup @TEN, while MIA has a pretty good one vs. CIN.

I'd probably lean toward MIA between the two, as hard as it is giving up CLE's matchups during the semifinals and finals.

Edited by Vendetta
11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I have the same question. there's boom/bust potential here considering the shoddy defense vs rookie QB...no one knows really. Texans have implied -8 total though so that's usually good for some turnoves and sacks/strips.

What's the best way to counter the Steelers this week? I currently have the Bucs, but what is another defense that you can get that has boom potential:

Colts

Texans

Falcons

Dolphins?

Or stick with Bucs since they are a high floor option...Brees rarely makes mistakes though. 

I'm personally sticking with TB, especially if MT is still out. I would not start MIA vs. ARI.

14 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I'm personally sticking with TB, especially if MT is still out. I would not start MIA vs. ARI.

It's crazy- no one has topped 3 points all year against the Saints...but something in my gut tells me the Saints are going to have a really difficult time against the Bucs at home in prime-time.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's crazy- no one has topped 3 points all year against the Saints...but something in my gut tells me the Saints are going to have a really difficult time against the Bucs at home in prime-time.

Oof, didn't know that. I guess the hope is that TB explodes on offense with the addition of AB, forcing Brees to take shots downfield and creating opportunities for TB's aggressive secondary to nab a few INTs.

Just now, Vendetta said:

Oof, didn't know that. I guess the hope is that TB explodes on offense with the addition of AB, forcing Brees to take shots downfield and creating opportunities for TB's aggressive secondary to nab a few INTs.

Also shocking to me that the Bucs are 5 or 6 point favorites when they are both good teams...Vegas knows something we don't. I don't know if public perception thinks the Bucs are that great since they just went up against Giants in prime-time and could've lost. I think the Bucs -are- great and were potentially looking past this Giants team. 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Also shocking to me that the Bucs are 5 or 6 point favorites when they are both good teams...Vegas knows something we don't. I don't know if public perception thinks the Bucs are that great since they just went up against Giants in prime-time and could've lost. I think the Bucs -are- great and were potentially looking past this Giants team. 

Yeah, I'm a Giants fan and was shocked at how good TB let their offense look. This feels like a rebound game after TB looked iffy on primetime vs. a 1-win team, and they should be particularly fired up with it being a key divisional game.

Also unsure whether to hold TB defense.  Matchup this week isn't great + KC coming up and a bye also.  Tempted to switch to Hou for the week, but at the same time TB is a top 3 defense and Texans have pretty much been the worst defense this year.  You learn over the years that matchups do matter but only to a certain extreme.