NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

1 hour ago, SportsBrain said:

Also unsure whether to hold TB defense.  Matchup this week isn't great + KC coming up and a bye also.  Tempted to switch to Hou for the week, but at the same time TB is a top 3 defense and Texans have pretty much been the worst defense this year.  You learn over the years that matchups do matter but only to a certain extreme.

In my leagues I'm struggling with this issue.  It seems some of the top defenses so far this season are running into matchup issues....Colts, Rams, Bucs....Not sure what to do with them.

I've been struggling with my defense all year in my 14 teamer.  Been trying to stream it and have not had luck at all doing that.  I honestly think the most points I've gotten all season is 5.  I hate fantasy defenses almost as much as I hate kickers.

Someone dropped both the Colts and Rams in my league.  I'm tempted to grab one (or even both) of them and just play them the rest of the year and forget about it.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

6 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Looking at this as well. Niners without their wide receivers, kittle, and a backup QB. Plus GB gets Jacksonville at home next week..

Add Trent Williams too....I'm in.  Anything could backfire with it being TNF but hard to see SF lighting the scoreboard up at this point.  

Is the Colts D/ST pretty much droppable at this point? As great as they have been, the only remaining weeks I could see them being startable are week 13 (Houston) and week 17 (Jacksonville).

Also - anyone have thoughts on Miami's D/ST? They seem to have a better schedule coming up. Maybe I'll swap out the Colts for them...

7 hours ago, ZMan17 said:

Is the Colts D/ST pretty much droppable at this point? As great as they have been, the only remaining weeks I could see them being startable are week 13 (Houston) and week 17 (Jacksonville).

Also - anyone have thoughts on Miami's D/ST? They seem to have a better schedule coming up. Maybe I'll swap out the Colts for them...

Currently debating the Rams, Skins and Dolphins prospects ROS and not sure what I want to do.

I have a hard time cutting loose on the Rams.  Yeah, they've got a couple tough matchups after the bye but their Week 14 and Week 15 is tough to beat.  And they're a talented group with Donald, Ramsey, etc.  So I'm kinda looking at holding them and finding streamers for Week 10 & 11.

Dolphins have a middle of the road matchup in 10 against the Chargers and a pretty good matchup Week 11 against Denver but I think Denver is a little iffy as gotta remember they were playing without Lock some earlier this year.  Then a fantastic matchup Week 12.  I just have no idea if their defense is really for real or if they were just very lucky the last few games.

As for the Colts.....They were dropped in my 14 teamer.  They're another defense that I don't really know if it's for real as they have had a very fortunate schedule.  Basically the rest of their games (outside of Houston) are against teams that are in the top 5 of lowest points allowed to defenses.  I really want nothing to do with them against Tenn, Bal and GB so yeah, they might be droppable.  On try to package them in a trade to some unsuspecting owner.

Then there's the Skins'.  Really not too bad of a schedule the next month with The Giants this Week and the bumbling Cowboys in the near future.

So I don't know lol.  

Are folks really confident in the SEA D/ST? I know the ROS schedule looks golden, but talent-wise this is a horrible unit (esp. vs. the pass), right? Getting Adams back will be good, sure, but what else do they have besides Dunlap that could bolster the unit?

5 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Are folks really confident in the SEA D/ST? I know the ROS schedule looks golden, but talent-wise this is a horrible unit (esp. vs. the pass), right? Getting Adams back will be good, sure, but what else do they have besides Dunlap that could bolster the unit?

Yes I feel same here. Tempted to get Seahawks. 

How we feeling about Hou D now that a few of their players are out bc of covid protocol?  Still a solid play vs Luton in the rain regardless?  I dropped Wash for them and thinking about re-adding them if they clear waivers now...

13 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Currently debating the Rams, Skins and Dolphins prospects ROS and not sure what I want to do.

I have a hard time cutting loose on the Rams.  Yeah, they've got a couple tough matchups after the bye but their Week 14 and Week 15 is tough to beat.  And they're a talented group with Donald, Ramsey, etc.  So I'm kinda looking at holding them and finding streamers for Week 10 & 11.

Dolphins have a middle of the road matchup in 10 against the Chargers and a pretty good matchup Week 11 against Denver but I think Denver is a little iffy as gotta remember they were playing without Lock some earlier this year.  Then a fantastic matchup Week 12.  I just have no idea if their defense is really for real or if they were just very lucky the last few games.

As for the Colts.....They were dropped in my 14 teamer.  They're another defense that I don't really know if it's for real as they have had a very fortunate schedule.  Basically the rest of their games (outside of Houston) are against teams that are in the top 5 of lowest points allowed to defenses.  I really want nothing to do with them against Tenn, Bal and GB so yeah, they might be droppable.  On try to package them in a trade to some unsuspecting owner.

Then there's the Skins'.  Really not too bad of a schedule the next month with The Giants this Week and the bumbling Cowboys in the near future.

So I don't know lol.  

Does Seattle look better for playoffs?

13 hours ago, TheINC said:

NE vs Jets, Hou vs Jax, or Wash vs NYG?  Own Hou, NE was dropped and wondering about making the switch now, bc its the Jets.

I'd go NE, but all three are very good options.

Are TB owners just holding? Matchups are kind of mixed, but they seem to be one of the elite defenses in the league which might give them the edge over the likes of CLE, SEA, etc., that have juicy ROS schedules. I'm tempted to just roll with them and pair with MIA or something (another D that's looking really good) to cover TB's shy-away matchups in week 12 and 15, plus the week-13 bye.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:14 PM, TheINC said:

How we feeling about Hou D now that a few of their players are out bc of covid protocol?  Still a solid play vs Luton in the rain regardless?  I dropped Wash for them and thinking about re-adding them if they clear waivers now...

I am playing them. Its an upside play if they can get pressure on rookie he has tendency to get rattled in pocket. I like Was and NYG DST as well though. Giants DST is a sneaky option this week in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

I am playing them. Its an upside play if they can get pressure on rookie he has tendency to get rattled in pocket. I like Was and NYG DST as well though. Giants DST is a sneaky option this week in my opinion.

Ya i've decided to stick w Hou for the upside, plus the last time they played Jax a few weeks back they did well. Wash D is a bit of a mirage, as they had a big week 1 and a big week last week, but have been sub-par fantasy-wise the rest of the weeks.  Also i'm starting 2 Giants so hate having my offensive players going against my D play. 

On 11/5/2020 at 12:43 AM, ZMan17 said:

I'm sticking with them since I'd have to drop them which I wont for Houston or Arizona. I going to bet on the talent and not cough it up to a favorable early schedule.

Colts racked up most of their fantasy points against the Jets and Kirk Cousins, and they did well against Stafford but still allowed 21, and the pick 6 is what made it a good day.

I dropped them in a 14 which I only regret because of who I picked up not working out (Kerryon thinking he'd be traded) but still don't think I'd want to use them going forward if I had them.  Ravens, Titans, Packers, Titans are the next four and that's about as brutal as it gets.  Texans and Raiders aren't exactly great matchups, so they're not a killer play until Jags week 16.

Seattle's schedule looks ridiculous and getting Adams back and Dunlap on the line should make them worth a play.  Hopefully that improves them because they haven't been great overall, but they can hopefully be good in a similar manner to KC teeing off against teams after taking leads if they continue to let Russ cook.

Miami just looks for real to me.  The pass defensive is stiffling, the coverage and rush, from what I've watched.

Someone dropped Chargers and I'm wondering if they're a good pickup after this week for the next couple weeks (Tuas third start then Jets).  There's also Philly for next week if they're available against the Giants.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, herschel said:

skins @ the lions of lions vs the skins?  who do you guys like more?

I picked up Wash last week and think i'm gonna ride them out for the next 3 weeks.  I think both D's are playable in this game, but in the last 2 games Det has given up 9 and 15 fpts and I think that trend continues this week.  I'll also favor WFT over Det just bc they're a better actual unit with more talent.

Edited by TheINC