NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

On 11/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, TheINC said:

I picked up Wash last week and think i'm gonna ride them out for the next 3 weeks.  I think both D's are playable in this game, but in the last 2 games Det has given up 9 and 15 fpts and I think that trend continues this week.  I'll also favor WFT over Det just bc they're a better actual unit with more talent.

I'm looking at this matchup too.  At first thought, Alex Smith is relatively now immobile which would make Detroit D a logical choice.  But he also dumps off a lot so maybe he avoids a lot of hits and sacks.  Plus Detroit just isn't good.  They allow the most points to RBs in the league, even further suggesting that they'll be able to get the ball to Gibson (if he plays) and McKissic.

Washington D gets a lot of sacks, but then why are they one of the most heavily dropped units this week?  Golladay looking iffy, Stafford seems like he's playing.  Detroit isn't great offensively, but I could see Washington turning in a very average performance here.

3 hours ago, CooL said:

I'm looking at this matchup too.  At first thought, Alex Smith is relatively now immobile which would make Detroit D a logical choice.  But he also dumps off a lot so maybe he avoids a lot of hits and sacks.  Plus Detroit just isn't good.  They allow the most points to RBs in the league, even further suggesting that they'll be able to get the ball to Gibson (if he plays) and McKissic.

Washington D gets a lot of sacks, but then why are they one of the most heavily dropped units this week?  Golladay looking iffy, Stafford seems like he's playing.  Detroit isn't great offensively, but I could see Washington turning in a very average performance here.

I think a lot of ppl are dropping WFT for PHI, in my league Philly was held thru their bye.  Also people dropping them probably aren't looking that deeply at how bad Det has been the last 2 games, and how good the WFT front 7 and pass D has.  I'm not expecting much from WFT offensively, but that doesn't impact their D really.  And WFT has better matchups in Cin, Dal the next 2 weeks as well.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jason123 said:

Need to stream a defense this week. Go with Green Bay (vs Jacksonville), Minnesota @ Chicago, or Chicago (vs Minnesota)?

I have the RAMs, but will be keeping them on the bench this week vs Seattle.  Thanks.

I'd probably about GB without Jaire Alexander in there, but they're still not a bad option. Any of these are solid. Hard not to think Cousins won't S the B in primetime though, so I'd lean Bears.

Is anyone with an extra bench spot looking ahead to playoff matchups? Seattle, Cincy, and Tennessee are all mediocre defenses, but they are playing NYJ, Dallas, and the Jags in week 14. Personally I think I would go Seahawks-Titans-Bengals in that order, but I might have missed some other streaming options (the three I mentioned are only owned in 21, 2, and 25 percent of ESPN leagues)

Edit: the Browns also get the Giants and Jets in weeks 15 and 16, and they’re probably the best defense of the four

Edited by ilikepieman

Curious about peoples opinion on MIA and TB defense for the next few weeks? MIA seems to have a good schedule the next 3 weeks with DEN, NYJ, and CIN while TB has LAR and KC then a bye.

I just dropped TB for MIA and roster PHI for this week.

2 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I’d start them against every team remaining except KC.

Nice! That's the positive reinforcement I was looking for. I just dropped TB for them and streaming PHI right now.

Is KC worth keeping right now? I may have to drop them to pick up a RB. They look to have a good matchup with Denver in a few weeks but other than that, the matchups aren't spectacular in my eyes. Are they the type of D that I can let go of and not look back or am I gonna regret letting them go and thus remember 2020 as the year of dropping KC Defense and not the year of Covid-19? 

8 minutes ago, GoBlue41 said:

Is KC worth keeping right now? I may have to drop them to pick up a RB. They look to have a good matchup with Denver in a few weeks but other than that, the matchups aren't spectacular in my eyes. Are they the type of D that I can let go of and not look back or am I gonna regret letting them go and thus remember 2020 as the year of dropping KC Defense and not the year of Covid-19? 

I dropped them. Nobody has added them since

I just picked up the Dolphins defense off the recommendation for @3FLi... trying to work out a gameplan for D/ST streaming for the rest of the year. For people who don't own set and forget defenses, who are you pairing for the end of the regular season and the playoffs? I'm considering rostering all three of the Browns, Dolphins, and Bengals (for the Cowboys matchup week 14)

3 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

I just picked up the Dolphins defense off the recommendation for @3FLi... trying to work out a gameplan for D/ST streaming for the rest of the year. For people who don't own set and forget defenses, who are you pairing for the end of the regular season and the playoffs? I'm considering rostering all three of the Browns, Dolphins, and Bengals (for the Cowboys matchup week 14)

Don't roster Cincy, they are awful. Browns and Mia are a solid combo imo.

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Don't roster Cincy, they are awful. Browns and Mia are a solid combo imo.

Who are the best defenses for week 14 then? I guess you could play Carolina against Denver or Tennessee against the Jags, but are either of those that much better? It doesn’t seem like a great week for streaming. Of course if you can get the Cards against NYG that’s probably the best option, but they’re owned in all of my leagues

8 minutes ago, ilikepieman said:

Who are the best defenses for week 14 then? I guess you could play Carolina against Denver or Tennessee against the Jags, but are either of those that much better? It doesn’t seem like a great week for streaming. Of course if you can get the Cards against NYG that’s probably the best option, but they’re owned in all of my leagues

Yeah Cards are a pretty good option. Seahawks against the Jets even better--and they shld be available.

Who do we like for week 11?  I thought I was set on sticking with WFT vs Cinci but they looked terrible today vs the Lions (who were a very plus matchup).  I'm debating just biting the bullet and playing LAR against the Bucs and taking a low score and riding them out ROS.  Atlanta maybe if Winston starts?  Indy if they were dropped?

Edited by TheINC
20 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Who do we like for week 11?  I thought I was set on sticking with WFT vs Cinci but they looked terrible today vs the Lions (who were a very plus matchup).  I'm debating just biting the bullet and playing LAR against the Bucs and taking a low score and riding them out ROS.  Atlanta maybe if Winston starts?  Indy if they were dropped?

Indy? People dropping the number one Defense?

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Indy? People dropping the number one Defense?

Dropped in my league last week bc of the Bal, Ten, GB, Ten, gauntlet. But that seems much less daunting now w Lewan out for Tenn.  Also Rams could be #1 after this week?  Or close to it.  But yeah.

11 hours ago, TheINC said:

Im sticking with NO vs ATL. Not crazy about any of the available defenses.

18 hours ago, TheINC said:

Week 11 looks pretty terrible for streaming.

- CInci versus Was. Smith checks down a lot and Was probably won't score alot of points, along with Smith being immobile.

- Detriot versus Carolina- Only if CMC and Bridgewater are out, Car still has weapons and Det let Was come back on them. 

- Clev vs. Phli- Lots of people excited about this one, but Wentz will have all his weapons back in a must win not sure. 

I am leaning towards Cinci