NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

RunCMC

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I honestly don't like any of those. I prefer Arizona vs PHi, Min vs Chi, SF vs Dal

Any of those available?

Negative. The only other viable option would be Dallas against the Niners. The Cowboys defense has looked better of late, but that feels like it would be getting too cute.

16 hours ago, ajs723 said:

What the hell are we thinking for week 15 defenses right now?

My options are:

TB at Atlanta (Good defense, yuck matchup)

Chargers at the Raiders (Decent defense, meh matchup)

Colts vs. the Texans (Good defense, bad matchup)

GB vs. Carolina (okay defense, decent matchup)

I’m holding Colts for week 15. Probably playing them over MIA vs. NE. They came through HOU last week and may play better seeing them a second time at home.

I also have LAC for week 16 vs. DEN, but I’m slightly worried after they got destroyed vs. NE last week (though I assume their offense often put them in a bad spot). May roll with MIA vs. LV instead, depending on how things look by then.

Edited by Vendetta

On 12/4/2020 at 9:58 AM, kman711 said:

If you are confident to make it to week 16 I would pick up the chargers. Lock is very inaccurate and prone to throwing into triple coverage. I could see 2-3 turnovers and maybe a defensive TD

Do you like them over CLE vs. NYJ?

Anyone rolling with the Panthers this week? I am surprised how (generally) low they are rated for the week.

I don't think they are especially talented, but they have been playing better lately and Lock/Broncos are not scary...I guess it would help if CMC is back too.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Anyone rolling with the Panthers this week? I am surprised how (generally) low they are rated for the week.

I don't think they are especially talented, but they have been playing better lately and Lock/Broncos are not scary...I guess it would help if CMC is back too.

Yeah pretty weird. The transaction trends on yahoo have them high in my league. I picked up the 49ers but I've really been considering grabbing them instead.

They've been creating turnovers and scoring a lot of fantasy points the past two games, had a bye week to prepare, and Lock is making a ton of mistakes. I'm not sure if the "experts" just call it on D/ST or what?

38 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

I like the Panthers here for sure.

Lol just did some research and it made me feel pretty confident in the Rams. Also looks like Panthers are dealing with a Covid outbreak and are gonna be missing key players. I'm rolling with the Rams tonight

• Thanks 1

Several pro rankings have the Packers DEF ranked between 12 and 15. I would think against a Lions team that put a goose egg two weeks and trying to keep pace with Rodgers and Company, I see them ripe for INTs and sacks.

Are the new (Coach Patricia-less) Lions offense something to worry about?

2 hours ago, MonsterMan said:

Several pro rankings have the Packers DEF ranked between 12 and 15. I would think against a Lions team that put a goose egg two weeks and trying to keep pace with Rodgers and Company, I see them ripe for INTs and sacks.

Are the new (Coach Patricia-less) Lions offense something to worry about?

Trying to decide between them and the Panthers. GB certainly seems like they are ranked too low this week.

How do you guys feel about the Pats D in Miami next week? I don’t think they looked anything special tonight vs the Rams, but they did blow up against the Chargers last week, and Bill typically owns rookie QBs.

I don’t think Tua has looked all that great and I’m very interested to see how this weekend goes for him. But I can see the Pats being a top 10 option for sure. 

My options this week are the Ravens or Giants.

The Ravens defense has been a disappointment lately while the Giants defense have done a fine job even fantasy wise, so I am leaning towards the G-men but without too much confidence. 

Bucs D vs. ATL week 15 could be a stronger play with Julio as a possible shutdown candidate. Also, MIA vs. NE week 15 looking juicier after NE's showing yesterday vs. the Rams, though MIA is stronger vs. the pass than the run, which isn't a great match stylistically.

Is anyone worried about the 49'ers D/ST this week? Alex Smith has turned over the ball only twice in the last four games. I get that Washington doesn't put up a lot of points/yards, but the 49'ers D/ST also went negative last week in points. 

Edited by MurderInc

51 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Is anyone worried about the 49'ers D/ST this week? Alex Smith has turned over the ball only twice in the last four games. I get that Washington doesn't put up a lot of points/yards, but the 49'ers D/ST also went negative last week in points. 

Yes, I am still debating on playing them or moving to Carolina. The COVID issues are the only reason I haven't made the move. They didn't look good against the Bills at all and as a Chiefs fan who watched Smith for years, this is what he does. Protects the ball, doesn't lose you games. Gibson being out makes the matchup a little better but still a little worried about this. It's a toss up for sure!

Scooped the Browns up for 15 and 16 if I can make it past this week. 

• Like 1

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic