NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

23 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I was planning on using Carolina this week but there are like 4 players on defense in Covid protocol. Anybody have any news on if their gonna play?

I believe they were all cleared today and returned to practice. I am rolling them out.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

16 minutes ago, Cvg said:

Also debating Carolina this week among others (49ers, Arizona, Washington, Dallas). Help?

Got Arizona for week 15 (Eagles) and Dolphons and Panthers already.

Welcome to the forums.

That's a lot of very similar units, none supremely talented but all with good matchups...I would eliminate Dallas from the options, even with a good matchup they just aren't very talented on that side of the ball. I would also eliminate Zona because Jones looks good to go and had been playing pretty good/safe ball. Niners while having some talent I prob wouldn't trust because Smith has also been playing pretty safe. Leaves WFT or Carolina, I think it is basically a coin flip/gut feel play between them. Mullens is pretty reckless and should offer mistakes, same with Lock for Den.

Edited by ST. STEVEN
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Welcome to the forums.

That's a lot of very similar units, none supremely talented but all with good matchups...I would eliminate Dallas from the options, even with a good matchup they just aren't very talented on that side of the ball. I would also eliminate Zona because Jones looks good to go and had been playing pretty good/safe ball. Niners while having some talent I prob wouldn't trust because Smith has also been playing pretty safe. Leaves WFT or Carolina, I think it is basically a coin flip/gut feel play between them. Mullens is pretty reckless and should offer mistakes, same with Lock for Den.

Thank you! That's pretty much what I've deduced as well. I've been planning on this weeks out and DEN and NYG were much worse earlier. Will probably roll Carolina unless something dramatic happens... Coming off the bye and getting their defensive starters back (covid) today helps.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, GoBlue41 said:

Houston isn't a great D but should I use them with confidence for week 16 championship week vs. CIN? 

Just depends on the options...they really are not good though, esp without Roby. Watt and Cunningham (to a lesser extent) can get after the passer some. The key is that Hou offense should really nail the terrible Cincy D and put the Bengals in really tough (pass only) situations and let them pin their ears back. I would think they are a top 10 play for WK16, but more of a backend type of one.

can't decide between Seattle at home vs the Jets and NO away @ philly.  obviously anytime you play the Jets at home it's a juicy defensive matchup, but Seattle just gave up some points to the Giants with Colt McCoy...and Seattle D has been HOT recently, and will be playing against Hurst in his first game as a starter.  any thoughts?

19 hours ago, matanp said:

can't decide between Seattle at home vs the Jets and NO away @ philly.  obviously anytime you play the Jets at home it's a juicy defensive matchup, but Seattle just gave up some points to the Giants with Colt McCoy...and Seattle D has been HOT recently, and will be playing against Hurst in his first game as a starter.  any thoughts?

Both sea and Saints good options 

I’d prob roll hawks 

On 12/11/2020 at 1:41 PM, ree10 said:

Thoughts on TB D vs Min or Ari vs NYG? Leaning TB as my league gets 2 pts per sack/int but a DJ less NYG team has me debating it

I have exactly this question to answer in the next 45 mins. Although Daniel Jones is playing, so there's that.

My two defenses both have rough matchups next week. 

Colts at home against the Texans. Probably the play if Cooks is out again, but otherwise it scares me. 

Tampa Bay is at Atlanta. If Julio is out, it's not as bad, but I have a hard time believing that will end up being a low scoring game. 

Other options are GB at home against Carolina (could be okay if CMC is out), or The Chargers Thursday night at the Raiders (I do like defenses on TNF).

Zero confidence that I'll get this right. 

Edited by ajs723
46 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

My two defenses both have rough matchups next week. 

Colts at home against the Texans. Probably the play if Cooks is out again, but otherwise it scares me. 

Tampa Bay is at Atlanta. If Julio is out, it's not as bad, but I have a hard time believing that will end up being a low scoring game. 

Other options are GB at home against Carolina (could be okay if CMC is out), or The Chargers Thursday night at the Raiders (I do like defenses on TNF).

Zero confidence that I'll get this right. 

I feel pretty good about Indy - they did pretty well vs. HOU the first time, and Watson got a bit banged up this week.

Any MIA owners rolling with them ROS? They did GREAT vs. KC this week and get NE and LV the next two weeks; I worry slightly about them being weaker vs. the run, which isn’t a good fit stylistically vs. NE, but I think it’d be hard to fade them after what they’ve done this season.

Any Lutz owners worried about him? On top of there seemingly being fewer opportunities with Hill (maybe a non-issue if Brees is back next week), he’s missed at least 1 40-yarder this week and last week too. I could see NO going for it on 4th down a lot too to try to keep up with KC next week.

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
On 12/8/2020 at 9:01 PM, Fort4242 said:

Washington Football Team vs. San Fran – Another team that looks to have a promising future specifically on defense is the Washington Football Team.  They put out a front seven littered with high draft picks and coached by the defensive mind of Ron Rivera.  This defense is a tough unit to score on, allowing the 8th least points per game and the 4th least yards per game.  They also help light up the fantasy scoreboard, averaging 3 sacks and 1.2 takeaways per game.  An anemic offense led by Nick Mullens, San Fran has been very generous giving up points to DSTs; they’ve turned the ball over a league worst 3 times per game over the last 3 games.  The 43 point Over/Under is the lowest on this week’s slate and the Washington defense has held opponents to 13 points per game the last three weeks. 

Kudos to you good sir. That was the final argument I needed to start WAS over PIT this week. Won me my matchup.❤️

Edited by dorwell
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, dorwell said:

Kudos to you good sir. That was the final argument I needed to start WAS over PIT this week. Won me my matchup.❤️

washington has been rolling, but tough to start this week vs seattle.  anyone rolling the dice with them?

Alright need a defense for week 15. Here are my options:

ARIZONA Def vs Philadelphia

NEW ENGLAND Def at Miami

DALLAS Def vs SF

I currently have Minnesota Def vs Chicago but I don't think I will use them.

Edited by HTXMade