NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

RunCMC

55 minutes ago, mi26 said:

which kicker this week ?

Hopkins

Lutz

Butker

I would go Butker no doubt. Lutz hasn’t been on lately and with Taysom for another week.. I’d much rather have the Mahomes lead offense and better kicker right now. No need for Hopkins. 

3 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Thinking about grabbing the Pats this week. Bill always does well with rookie qbs

I stashed them for this week. I was hoping they would look better on Thursday vs the Rams. The Dolphins O is super beat up and Bill owns rookies.. but I’m sketched on it. Especially being in Miami. 

• Like 1

I’m debating two decent options, but I think they are super close. These ones scare the **** out of me knowing it could be the difference. 

Bills D @ Broncos

or

Browns D @ Giants on SNF 

I think the Browns have to be tired coming off that slugfest last night and have to travel. Outside Garret too they aren’t all that talented 

Not a lot of great options looking ahead to Week 16:

Washington vs. Carolina

Houston vs. Cincy

WFT clearly the much much better defense, but Cincy has allowed double digit points to every defense every single week since Burrow went out.

Week 15 DST Streamers

Miami Dolphins – The Dolphins have been an extremely consistent, top tier DST this season ranking 11th in the NFL in sacks per game and 2nd in takeaways per game, led by stand-out CB Xavien Howard and his league leading 9 interceptions.  As they should be, Miami has probably been owned in most leagues this year, but there might be a chance they’re on your waiver wire given their Week 14 matchup this past week against Kansas City.  I doubt many managers had the stones to roll the Dolphins DST out there against Pat Mahomes and Co., so several owners probably dropped them for a better streaming option.  Currently about 60% owned on Yahoo, check to see if the Miami DST is available.  They held their own against the Chiefs, and as mentioned have been a force all year long.  They take on a Patriots team that have been very generous this season; giving up about two sacks and a turnover each game, they currently give up the 13th most fantasy points to DSTs.  The Patriots score only 21.3 points per game this season, and Vegas is projecting even a touch below that with an implied point total of only 19 points this week.  Fire up your Miami DST at home with confidence. 

Tennessee Titans –The Tennessee defense bounced back this week against Jacksonville, only allowing 10 points but they failed to make the splashy type plays for fantasy.  The defense only capitalized on one sack and didn’t force any turnovers in this game.  Because of this they are only the 15th DST for Week 14 and might fly a bit under the radar this week when competing with league mates on the waiver wire.  This week the Titans are heavy (8.5) home favorites against the Detroit Lions in a game with a 51.5 Over/Under.  Don’t be surprised if that spread gets higher towards the Titans or we see the O/U dip a bit as we wait to find out more about Matthew Stafford’s injury.  With Stafford under center the Lions were giving up the 14th most points per game to DSTs, and there’s a good chance we see Chase Daniel under center this week.  Detroit has been one of the NFL’s worst teams in pass protection (2.8 sacks allowed per game) and with a back-up QB this week the Titans DST should feast. 

Cleveland Browns – Anyone looking ahead might have stashed the Browns DST on the bench given their matchups in Week 15 and Week 16 against the New York Giants and New York Jets respectively.  However, a tough matchup against Baltimore in Week 14 means several owners probably dropped Cleveland for a more attractive option, given their 51% ownership on Yahoo.  The Giants currently give up the 4th most points to DST options and do it a myriad of ways.  They currently give up 3.2 sacks and 1.5 turnovers per game, and aren’t a threat to run up the score, currently averaging a measly 18.3 points per game, 31st in the NFL.  This game sees Cleveland as a 3.5 road favorite with only a 45 point Over/Under, giving the Giants an implied team total of only 21 points.  Giants games have hit the under five straight weeks, and nine times total this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

Not a lot of great options looking ahead to Week 16:

Washington vs. Carolina

Houston vs. Cincy

WFT clearly the much much better defense, but Cincy has allowed double digit points to every defense every single week since Burrow went out.

For Week 16 a few I like:

Washington vs. Carolina

Arizona vs. San Fran

Philly @ Dallas

Cleveland @ NYJ

Chicago @ Jax

Houston vs. Cincy

Tamp Bay @ Detroit

Buffalo @ New England

Have to wait and see what spreads look like and any injuries between now and then, but these are the ones I'm keeping an eye on for next week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, I had Arizona all set to be my DST this week against the Eagles, but after what they just did to NO, I'm having extreme second thoughts.  What y'all think about Arizona this week at home with Philly and Hurts coming to town?

Edited by JJ1223

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

For Week 16 a few I like:

Washington vs. Carolina

Arizona vs. San Fran

Philly @ Dallas

Cleveland @ NYJ

Chicago @ Jax

Houston vs. Cincy

Tamp Bay @ Detroit

Buffalo @ New England

Have to wait and see what spreads look like and any injuries between now and then, but these are the ones I'm keeping an eye on for next week.

All interesting matchups for sure, I'm on the same page as you, unfortunately most of those are owned in my league. Hence why I'm most curious about WFT or HOU.

For most of us at this stage, it's important to get the jump and make this week, ahead of waivers next week. I keep going back and forth on talent vs. matchup.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, Mr.Joshua said:

My options are

Washington vs. Seattle

or

Tenn vs. Detroit............

Tenn. isn't making the big splash plays on D, Washington does. The points against bonus only starts at 10 for a shutout, so it's not a huge factor, the big plays are with this scoring. Now with Daniels starting could very well lead to those big plays, but this game will have both teams running a lot, eating clock and limiting the time Tenn is actually on defense. Even against Wilson, Washington could very well rack up sacks/pressure resulting in big plays. Also an early game in Washington for the west coast team. I guess i'm talking myself into starting Washington, lol. what do you guys think?

Anyone trusting Green Bay defense vs Carolina on Saturday.  They have a nice floor but Bridgewater and Davis can put up a few points and not turnover the ball or get sacked much.

Similar, I have Crosby kicking but Rodgers likes to go for it on 4th down and short when at the 30 or less.

Want to roll with them on Saturday night but I am thinking of playing Cleveland vs NYG and Boswell K - Pit vs Cin on Monday.

Of course my opponent has a sweet matchup as he has the LAR Def vs NYJ and Matt Gay vs NYJ.

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic