NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

22 hours ago, ajs723 said:

"Whoever is facing the Jets" is the number one defense each week, until further notice, correct? 

I have Indy or the Chargers against the Panthers. Really liked how good the Charger D looked against KC, but no way I can bench a defense against the active dumpster fire that is the Jets offense... right?

I am rolling with Indy.... Rivers has to get it together against the Jets and Taylor should be able to run all around them. I would believe that will cause the Jets to air it out and make mistakes. I like Indy to hold them under 17 points with hopefully a interception or two along with 3 or so sacks.  I wouldn't be surprised to see them return something either. Jets are a **** show. Titans defense to be honest hasnt looked that great imo. Colts are also at home, not like that is a huge advantage anymore lol

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 1
  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

On 9/23/2020 at 8:13 AM, JJ1223 said:

Cleveland or Washington?

Washington better defense but against better offense.  Cleveland worse defense but against worse offense.

IDK what to do.  Halp.

I think you gotta go with the favored home team. 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, BigNicc said:

Just picked up Indy (NYJ) for free but dude just dropped TB (DEN) now I can't decide smh

I'd definitely go TB. I know the Jets are TERRIBLE but Indy's D doesn't score a lot of points (although they did pick it up down the stretch last year). Tampa's actually scored quite a bit last year. I also feel Tampa is more likely to have a huge lead. 

On 9/23/2020 at 1:19 PM, 3FLi said:

I have the Chargers now but am thinking about the Bucs. What do you guys think? Is Jeff Driskel bad?

I definitely prefer the Bucs. Equally attractive matchup but the Bucs D has put up FAR more fantasy points than SD. SD's defense literally never puts up points. 

20 hours ago, herschel said:

deciding between titans (@ min) and browns (vs was).  any thought on one vs the other?

I'm always gonna side with the home team that's a bigger favorite. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always like looking forward ahead to the next week to stash a defense so you can have first choice before everyone else puts in claims for them (becomes even more important come playoff time). I'm playing the top team in my league next week and looking to set up a defense for week 4. Which one below do you think would be the best week 4 play?

Tampa vs. Chargers

Saints vs. Lions

Broncos vs. Jets

1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I always like looking forward ahead to the next week to stash a defense so you can have first choice before everyone else puts in claims for them (becomes even more important come playoff time). I'm playing the top team in my league next week and looking to set up a defense for week 4. Which one below do you think would be the best week 4 play?

Tampa vs. Chargers

Saints vs. Lions

Broncos vs. Jets

I like this strategy, too, when my bench space allows it.  Get ahead of the curve on streamers.  I especially like doing this for the playoffs once you have your starters relatively "set", I might look at defenses two or three weeks ahead.

Between those 3 options, I think it's easily Broncos.  Chargers offense is no slouch and neither is the Lions.  The Lions defense is a dumpster fire but the offense will definitely figure things out, especially with Golladay coming back.  I would not be streaming against them any week as long as their core remains healthy.

I got A few options this week. 

Ravens vs Chiefs 

Titans @ Vikings

Giants vs 49ers

Washington vs Cleveland 

I have the Ravens in my lineup right now but the matchup vs the Chiefs obviously sucks. I dont Want to drop them so I’m probably going to be dripping Dion Lewis for one of these defenses. 

-Vikings have looked horrible and that’s a matchup where it seems like both teams run a slow offense. 

- Giants defense sucks, but so does Nick Mullen’s and I believe he’s thrown 11 picks in 8 career starts. 

Washingtons front 7 looks so good on paper. I could See them causing havoc and pressuring Baker into a few picks. Haskins scares me though, he could put them in terrible positions on the field. 

19 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Tampa vs. Chargers

Saints vs. Lions

Broncos vs. Jets

Agree here. 

There have been times I’ve gone a little overboard and hurt myself by not keeping an upside offensive stash, so it’s key to be picky about using this strategy. 

But if your current defense has a horrible matchup, and you’re positive the D you’re stashing is worth it, it’s a great strategy. 

Broncos are my choice here. In addition to just being atrocious on offense, the game is also on Thursday night. An already injury-riddled Jets offense will have a short week to try to get healthy and prepare. 

Edited by UVA_Drew
  • Thanks 1

Colts D looking like a great pick so far.  Can anyone think of a good compliment to them going forward? Their schedule overall is fantastic but the second half gets dicier.  Biggest hurdles I can think of are:

BYE week 7

Bal week 9

Ten week 10, 12

GB week 11

Hou week 13, 15

Pit week 16

i will always defer to a home team if the choices are close - hard/fast rule, so i never have any regrets - it's a rule. 

here are 2 home teams that are probably available in many leegs ...

Packers vs Falcons

Atlanta in full dumpster fire mode - the Pack D is not good, but this is a prime pounce spot vs a banged up and dazed offense - plus ya know Rodgers & co are gonna drop at least 30 on the Falcons D - putting Ryan in ketchup mode - sacks & picks, etc. 

Chiefs vs Patriots 

how do the Chiefs respond here after last night's yuuuuge road win?  short week, vs the game's master tactician - but no rest for the champs, think they can hold Cam in check - can't see the Pats getting more than 17  - key will be how much damage 'Homie & co can do to the Pats D - forcing Cam to beat you thru the air will lead to magick foosball defense success. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, herschel said:

i know....which one is the better streamer?  broncos just announced they are starting brett rypien at qb??

I mean, pick your poison, the Broncos also just lost Jurrell Casey and will be on the road, but the Jets are, well, the Jets.  I don't know if you can really go wrong here.