NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

Does anyone like Sea vs Mia? Also KC has a great schedule coming up and looked great vs BAL. Just not crazy about their matchup this week vs NE. 

Thoughts on those two? I prefer not to choose between Den vs NYJ. That has all the makings of an ugly low scoring affair with lots of running and field goals.

5 hours ago, scheibler said:

I actually really like the jets this week. Should be able to get a few sacks and force rypien into mistakes. Might be the only game they win all year

Thanks for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm moving the Jets above Denver in my claims.

I think they're going to be hungry after such a pathetic game and being back at home. Denver has been rough and playing a practice squad QB. Darnold obviously has problems (poor guy..who could succeed in that spot?) but he's way more talented than Rypien. Denver's D is banged up too so even though on paper it looked good to start the year...down 3 legit key pieces in Von, Bouye and now Casey. Plus Crowder may be back for the Jets.

Denver still probably makes the most sense on paper, but this has the feel of a trap game for a fantasy defense. Short week on the road is usually a spot to avoid for a so-so defense.

Plus..there's this: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/29/vic-fangio-refers-to-brett-rypien-as-mark/

LOL

• Like 2
1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Does anyone like Sea vs Mia? Also KC has a great schedule coming up and looked great vs BAL. Just not crazy about their matchup this week vs NE. 

Thoughts on those two? I prefer not to choose between Den vs NYJ. That has all the makings of an ugly low scoring affair with lots of running and field goals.

I don't like Seattle at all. Their D is simply not good. They got some turnovers against Dak but Dallas has looked sloppy all year. Adams is really nice though, he could singlehandedly score 8-9 points in one play, so it's always nice to have a team with 1-2 guys who can make your day even if the overall defense is bad.

I'd probably rather play KC vs. NE with how good they have looked against 3 good-great offenses. Maybe not the ceiling, but the floor, and that's what I'd rather have from a D.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Rest of season which defense do you prefer?

49ers 

or

Patriots

New England but close. I give the edge to NE because they 1) have more smash spots on their schedule; 2) have a better offense/healthy QB to keep pressure on other teams and 3) rely more on scheme than elite talent i.e. injured players on the 49ers who will be missed in the box score.

• Thanks 1

i'd seriously pump the brakes on the Jets ... very strong feeling around here that Gase is probably coaching for his job on Thursday ... normally i'd expect a team to step up (like i predicted with the Lions win in Arizona last week) - but Gase is not exactly loved (or liked, for that matter) in that locker room ... dunno, man - this has all the makings of a "DGAF" effort - only saving grace that might make the play semi respectable is that it is on Thursday ... if they're gonna tank that tool out his job it'll be on full display for everyone to see - so, yeah ... caveat emptor on them J-E-T-S-JETSJETSJETS!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i'd seriously pump the brakes on the Jets ... very strong feeling around here that Gase is probably coaching for his job on Thursday ... normally i'd expect a team to step up (like i predicted with the Lions win in Arizona last week) - but Gase is not exactly loved (or liked, for that matter) in that locker room ... dunno, man - this has all the makings of a "DGAF" effort - only saving grace that might make the play semi respectable is that it is on Thursday ... if they're gonna tank that tool out his job it'll be on full display for everyone to see - so, yeah ... caveat emptor on them J-E-T-S-JETSJETSJETS!

This is absolutely a fair point. But I’d like to think even with a bad coach they’re still gonna want to win the game. I’m rolling them out there. They should at least get a couple sacks and a turnover or two and I can’t see Denver putting up more than 3 TD. Maybe I’ll eat my words tho 🙈 the other thing is that no other option really feels good either. 

10 minutes ago, aapox said:

This is absolutely a fair point. But I’d like to think even with a bad coach they’re still gonna want to win the game. I’m rolling them out there. They should at least get a couple sacks and a turnover or two and I can’t see Denver putting up more than 3 TD. Maybe I’ll eat my words tho 🙈 the other thing is that no other option really feels good either. 

i certainly won't fault a brutha for taking the spec ... they check off alotta boxes for me:

1) home team

2) facing 3rd string qb & banged up offense

3) Toisday Night

4) lowest Vegas o/u (39)

so, yeah ... enuff to love there to take the plunge - but the caveat i posted is legit concern, we'll get a feel very early on. 

gl to all who start 'em 👍

• Like 1

Yessir. There’s also one more box that’s kind of the other side of the #FireAdamGase sword - an 0-3 team is desperate for a win and sees a weak team coming to town. They also like their D Coordinator from what I’ve heard. Let’s gooo! Defensive touchdown happening!?!?

• Like 1

Holding AZ in one league...this doesn't seem like great news:

Cardinals signed S T.J. Ward to their practice squad. 

Starting safety Budda Baker won't play this week after undergoing surgery to repair a ligament in his thumb. Jalen Thompson, the team's other safety, was placed on IR last month with an ankle injury. And backup Chris Banjo has been hobbled by a hamstring injury that could keep him out of this week's game against the Panthers. The Cardinals are considering deploying first-round draft pick LB Isaiah Simmons at safety, according to the team's website. Simmons this season has been targeted four times, resulting in four receptions, 94 yards, and two touchdowns. Teddy Bridgewater and the Carolina receivers could be in for a nice day against this Arizona secondary. 

RELATED: 
Oct 1, 2020, 11:01 AM ET
20 hours ago, aapox said:

Yessir. There’s also one more box that’s kind of the other side of the #FireAdamGase sword - an 0-3 team is desperate for a win and sees a weak team coming to town. They also like their D Coordinator from what I’ve heard. Let’s gooo! Defensive touchdown happening!?!?

😍😍😍  I'm correct so infrequently that it's especially nice when I get one right! *victory lap*

5 hours ago, aapox said:

😍😍😍  I'm correct so infrequently that it's especially nice when I get one right! *victory lap*

leegs that penalize pernts against mark that as a wash, imo ... that pick 6 saved an otherwise dreadful night - they made Rypien look real good for most of the game ... and the "tackling" on that MGIII run was pee wee level.