NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you realize you're posting in the DST STREAMING thread and what streaming means?

Here's a few of my favorite DST pairs to grab now for the next 4 weeks:   1)    Seattle Seahawks + Los Angeles Chargers My favorite pair of defenses to stash for the final weeks of the

Isn't that the point of this thread?

Mia def this week, top streaming option for me, 

Chargers play the Jets the following week, I believe this game got moved cause of covid impacts to the other games so works out...

Call me crazy but the Washington Def might be worth a shot as well, they play the giants...

For kickers, keep an eye on J Sanders guys, for the dolphins... Slept on for reals, for at least another week of use could.get another 10+ point game maybe 20

Edited by CABLE87
12 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Mia def this week, top streaming option for me, 

Chargers play the Jets the following week, I believe this game got moved cause of covid impacts to the other games so works out...

Call me crazy but the Washington Def might be worth a shot as well, they play the giants...

For kickers, keep an eye on J Sanders guys, for the dolphins... Slept on for reals, for at least another week of use could.get another 10+ point game maybe 20

I think the Jets are playing the Chargers in Week 11 now with the changes. Chargers are scheduled for Jax in week 7

• Thanks 1

I know I'm looking ahead, but any suggestions on a stream option for Week 7 - I have the Ravens on a BYE.

As of right now from my FA list (that may change), best options:

Chargers vs. Jax

Eagles vs Giants

Browns @  Cincy

Cowboys @ Wash

NE vs. SF

9 hours ago, BiggyBiggy said:

Do you guys think that the Bills DEF is worth holding at this point? Coming into the season they were supposed to be a good DEF team.

Bad game, they all have them, Titans are not push overs .... Hold em

4 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I know I'm looking ahead, but any suggestions on a stream option for Week 7 - I have the Ravens on a BYE.

As of right now from my FA list (that may change), best options:

Chargers vs. Jax

Eagles vs Giants

Browns @  Cincy

Cowboys @ Wash

NE vs. SF

Personally I would stay away from Philly and Dallas DST. Out of those options I’d be picking up New England. Did you see what Miami did to San Fran this past weekend? Yikes... 

2 minutes ago, helpmyteam said:

Personally I would stay away from Philly and Dallas DST. Out of those options I’d be picking up New England. Did you see what Miami did to San Fran this past weekend? Yikes... 

Agreed. They would be a great add. I'll see if they fall past waivers. I have the #2 WW right now, and I don't want to blow it on a rental (I know the #1 guy is going after Claypool)

• Like 1

Is everyone on Miami over NYG this week? I understand the enthusiasm after the 49ers game, but I'm really considering playing the Giants. Both excellent matchups, but I think Washington is a little more dysfunctional atm (obviously speaking in degrees here). Also thinking of starting Sanders, and Giants/Sanders seems to make more sense than either Dolphins/Sanders or Dolphins/Gano.

So I'm doing a little research because my Colts D schedule gets a bit tougher going forward (Bal, Tenx2, GB, LV, Pit) and found a few interesting cheap 2nd half options:

- I know they've lost a lot to injury but man the Chargers have a juicy schedule going forward.  Jax, Denx2, Mia, NYJ, Atl.  

- Browns are also intriguing with Cin, Phi, Jax, Hou NYG and NYJ still to go.  

- Someone just dropped the Bucs for some reason.  I know they have a few rough games ahead of them (GB, NO, LAR, KC) but after their bye going into the playoffs they have Min, Det, and Atl...not so bad if you have the room to plan ahead.

Any insight?  I rarely carry 2 defenses but I'm starting to warm up to the idea.

22 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

So I'm doing a little research because my Colts D schedule gets a bit tougher going forward (Bal, Tenx2, GB, LV, Pit) and found a few interesting cheap 2nd half options:

- I know they've lost a lot to injury but man the Chargers have a juicy schedule going forward.  Jax, Denx2, Mia, NYJ, Atl.  

- Browns are also intriguing with Cin, Phi, Jax, Hou NYG and NYJ still to go.  

- Someone just dropped the Bucs for some reason.  I know they have a few rough games ahead of them (GB, NO, LAR, KC) but after their bye going into the playoffs they have Min, Det, and Atl...not so bad if you have the room to plan ahead.

Any insight?  I rarely carry 2 defenses but I'm starting to warm up to the idea.

Personally I wouldn't feel bad about dropping Indy if I needed the space. Yes it's a good defense, but how many times are you going to start them confidently after the Detroit game? Honestly I don't think I would ever play them except maybe against Houston depending on what's available for streaming, and the Jacksonville game is wasted unless your league goes to week 17. Just seems like a pointless hold when you could get better matchups every game if you're savvy enough to be a week early on waivers as we get closer to the playoffs

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Like 1
On 10/13/2020 at 2:18 PM, helpmyteam said:

Currently have LAR and IND DST both rostered. LAR @ SF or IND vs. CIN for week 6? Or is it worth picking up MIA vs. NYJ? 

Miami is on a serious heater, man ... i'd much rather face Flacco than Burrows - no brainer pick here. 

On 10/13/2020 at 10:47 PM, BiggyBiggy said:

Do you guys think that the Bills DEF is worth holding at this point? Coming into the season they were supposed to be a good DEF team.

Honestly I think so. I have them too and have just been streaming other options the past two weeks hoping to see them turn things around. I don't know what your league settings are, but for mine the Bills have given me 10 pts, -2, 1, 4 and -5. I'm dropping them. 

Edited by Jugernot
5 hours ago, Jugernot said:

Honestly I think so. I have them too and have just been streaming other options the past two weeks hoping to see them turn things around. I don't know what your league settings are, but for mine the Bills have given me 10 pts, -2, 1, 4 and -5. I'm dropping them. 

What about for Week 7? They’re playing the Jets. 

In my league, standard scoring, i have Lutz on bye. So i need a K. On ly bench i have Edelman, Akers... 

FA i have Koo, Crosby, Gostkowski...

should i drop Lutz for 1 of them or should i drop maybe Edelman for 1 of them ?

8 hours ago, Steve-O said:

What about for Week 7? They’re playing the Jets. 

If you want to hold two defenses longer you can hold them. I will try to just pick them up again next week early in the morning once waivers clear. But with the way they are playing the weeks afterwards looks bad. 

2 hours ago, vikesrube said:

Any reason to think 9’ers turn it around anytime soon? Anyone coming back from injuries? They hit waivers in a couple of my leagues. 

Schedule is pretty brutal.  I dropped them in the league i had them and they went unclaimed.  So if you want to roll the dice on them you can likely do so without using a waiver claim / FAAB bid.

46 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Anyone else rolling the dice on the Redskins or Giants DST? 

Both offenses are pretty bad.

Thinking about Washington but for now sticking with KC def. They've been pretty decent until last week