2020 September Closer Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woooooo baseball made it to September!

I would say that the evidence clearly points to Ginkel being the guy. Not only did they give him the first save opportunity out of the gate, but after he blew that one they gave him the next one right

I'd like to congratulate myself on jinxing Mr. Ginkel. Only took three days for him to be sent down.

Posted Images

I know this season is not normal by any means, but if there's one actual thing that can be taken away from it, it is that spending anything on any closers is absolutely pointless.

A very well timed meltdown by Jansen is far from the only one tonight I see.  Would have liked to escape tonight's closer meltdown carousel completely though...

4 minutes ago, aapox said:

"meltdown" gets thrown around a lot, but good god, that was nuclear.

Yeah, with how so many teams have so many closers you cringe when you look at their ratios, you figure you should be ok with one of the handful of supposed elite guys.  Oops...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Dolis  the closer in buffalo or at least first chair?

Yes.

Notes: 

MIA - Kintzler was warming up for the save before they added insurance. Garcia was back to set-up man and Vincent came in for mop-up.

STL - Miller came in in (i think) the 7th again. I think Reyes might be the guy to lead a committee or be the closer. Gant is banged up. Maybe Helsley.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone want to try ranking these guys in respect to most likely to close from here on out?

Miller

Hudson

Hirano

Castillo

B. Garcia

Andreise 

Rankings as to who is most likely to close:

Hudson (ugly but who else they going to?)

Castillo (leader of committee/unorthodox usage)

B. Garcia (unsure but seems to be the leader of committee)

Hirano (closing right now but Yohan Ramirez looms and this seems like a coin flip)

Andreise (unsure but seems to be involved in committee)

Miller (unsure if even involved in committee - Helsley is trying to close Milwaukee out right now)

Who I'd want to own, all things considered:

Castillo

Garcia

Hudson

Hirano

Andreise

Miller

• Like 1

@octapuss

Kirby Yates said Thursday that the surgery he had last week to remove bone chips from his right elbow "went really smooth."

Yates was given an eight-week timetable. He first felt pain early this season and it “progressively got worse,” which showed in his results and eventually led to surgery. Yates -- who had Tommy John surgery 14 years ago -- said the surgeon who removed the bone chips "really, really liked the way my elbow looked as a whole." There's an outside chance Yates could return if the Padres make a deep playoff run, but in all likelihood we won't see him again until spring training.

---

He's droppable in redraft. He won't pitch during the regular season. That's why they needed to get Rosenthal.

• Thanks 1

Alex Reyes pitched the last regulation inning in game 2.  He might be the closer now.  1BB , Ks.

Taylor Rogers another poor outing.  He might be on the way out. 

• Like 1