2020 September Closer Thread

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woooooo baseball made it to September!

I would say that the evidence clearly points to Ginkel being the guy. Not only did they give him the first save opportunity out of the gate, but after he blew that one they gave him the next one right

I'd like to congratulate myself on jinxing Mr. Ginkel. Only took three days for him to be sent down.

Posted Images

Ken Giles out of the mix all the way through next year:

Ken Giles announced via Instagram that he will require Tommy John surgery on his right elbow.

Giles missed over a month with strained right forearm before making his return 10 days ago, but he only lasted a few days before going down yet again. Surgery will likely sideline him for the entire 2021 season, setting up his return in his age-31 season in 2022. He's set to become a free agent this offseason.

Source: Kaitlyn McGrath on Twitter            Sep 21, 2020, 3:02 PM ET

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, Ultraa said:

Raisel finally had a good non save situation.

Who knew the Reds are making the playoffs?

With that rotation they actually have a shot to make some noise.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, cizastro said:

I thought Anderson should've gotten a save too.  He came in after the RP before him brought it to within a 3-run game.  Seems like it should qualify for a save unless there's some obscure rule I'm missing.

5 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

Does anyone have an answer as to why Nick Anderson did not receive a Save for yesterdays game?

“A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following: Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning. Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases. Pitch at least three innings.”

He did none of these. Therefore, no save.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

“A relief pitcher recording a save must preserve his team's lead while doing one of the following: Enter the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitch at least one inning. Enter the game with the tying run in the on-deck circle, at the plate or on the bases. Pitch at least three innings.”

He did none of these. Therefore, no save.

Thanks. I was thrown off by the comments next to Anderson's name (that are still there).

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.13.22 PM.png