NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, the1gq2nvy said:

Love robinson. Got him in all my leagues but i am worried about his championship week 14-16 which are all tough match ups. People thinking selling? [...] 

I'd worry about this week first. If your that worried sell after the next big game or right at your deadline. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, FouLLine said:

With the workload he gets and how effective he's been he is pretty close to matchup proof for me.  I will further make the assessment based on how he does up until week 15.  But The Bears are not good at stopping the run.  They are far better defending the pass.  As far as points given up to RBs fantasy wise they are right in the middle.  Baltimore's defense on the other hand though gives up the 4th least points to running backs.

Just need the new qb to show enough to have to keep dbs and safeties honest 

Complaining isn't allowed here. This is a happy place where we all pat ourselves on the back for picking this dude up. He can do no wrong.  Flames could mercilessly kill his gf and lead police on a car chase through L.A in a white bronco and a jury of his peers would find him not guilty. Far fetched I know but It could happen....  Ill take 15 every day.

Edited by Buckmcbuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wasn't complaining.  It was essentially a 100 yd game with a TD and 4 ypc.  I just noticed the lack of receptions which is unusual for a guy normally getting 4-5 per game.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I wasn't complaining.  It was essentially a 100 yd game with a TD and 4 ypc.  I just noticed the lack of receptions which is unusual for a guy normally getting 4-5 per game.

New QB. Hopefully it gets fixed if Minshew isn't ready 

JROB is a beast. His floor in PPR is pretty much 15. Besides week 1 in his first start with no preseason and that game that woulda been 18 instead of 10 when the brain dead OC called some sort of half back pass instead of running yards away from end zone, JROB has had one of the best floors and top 5 fantasy RB. Doing what he’s doing in this offense is literally the best anyone can ask for. Absolutely no concern with Minshew in or the new QB. 

7 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Torn up field and 6th round rookie in his first start.... I know this is a great match up on paper but I'm fading Robinson this week.

Better game than I expected.  Sometimes you call it right and sometimes you don't🤷‍♂️

I think this was a best case scenario. Only complaint is lack of work in the passing game. But the back up seemed to be competent. Did anyone watch? Better than Minshew? Seemed like they sustained drives and had a lot of scoring chances. I was a bit worried this would look more like the Cowboys situation where the backup is so bad he can’t keep the offense on the field.

1 minute ago, LionKid90 said:

I think this was a best case scenario. Only complaint is lack of work in the passing game. But the back up seemed to be competent. Did anyone watch? Better than Minshew? Seemed like they sustained drives and had a lot of scoring chances. I was a bit worried this would look more like the Cowboys situation where the backup is so bad he can’t keep the offense on the field.

People seem to forget how hot Minshew started. And he has apparently been dealing with this issue. I think JRob has a higher ceiling with Minshew. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

People seem to forget how hot Minshew started. And he has apparently been dealing with this issue. I think JRob has a higher ceiling with Minshew. 

Not so sure his ceiling took a hit either way. We know his floor is very high

Yeah, definitely no complaining about the performance today, but I know one of the concerns with a QB switch was how it would affect JRob in the passing game. It's just one game, but it wasn't favorable today. It happens, though, and hopefully is just an anomaly. We'll see what happens next week. 

Well the Jags need to learn that teams that throw the ball to RB’s win football games. The Patriots knew this trick with White for a decade. If they are just going to throw long passes like they did this game, they will never win again. JRob is gonna need a TD to hit 15 each week if they are phasing him out of receptions. I’m a tad concerned.