NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

New qb, zero catches... This is the downside to him. Risk. Trade this man for an RB1 and sleep well at night ROS. 

You're right JRob without those touches is hot-garbage.  He could barely crack the top-3 RB in non-PPR points this week...  RB2 or 3 material at best.

Oh, and if we traded him for a "RB1" as people have been saying since the start of the year we'd have missed out on having THE RB5 or RB6.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

You're right JRob without those touches is hot-garbage.  He could barely crack the top-3 RB in non-PPR points this week...  RB2 or 3 material at best.

Oh, and if we traded him for a "RB1" as people have been saying since the start of the year we'd have missed out on having THE RB5 or RB6.

You're like the people who say no to having car insurance and site the argument that they've saved x amount of money by not having it. Things have worked out so far, but his rise has been improbable. Quit while you're ahead. 

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

You're like the people who say no to having car insurance and site the argument that they've saved x amount of money by not having it. Things have worked out so far, but his rise has been improbable. Quit while you're ahead. 

You picked him up not knowing youre getting a free RB1. You don't sell given the workload because if anything he will be a RB2 minimum ROS

51 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

What a weak take. Why don't YOU trade him, and allow the Robinson owners to enjoy their top 10 production for the remainder of the season. Here we are entering week 10 and people like you are still trying to find chinks in his armor just so you can say I told you so. You want to be right so bad? Go to the AB and Bell threads and hand THEM a dose of reality. That should keep you busy until the playoffs! Robinson has shown no signs of slowing down. Your Chicken Little the sky is falling mentality will not change that. Not in this thread. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

What a weak take. Why don't YOU trade him, and allow the Robinson owners to enjoy their top 10 production for the remainder of the season. Here we are entering week 10 and people like you are still trying to find chinks in his armor just so you can say I told you so. You want to be right so bad? Go to the AB and Bell threads and hand THEM a dose of reality. That should keep you busy until the playoffs! Robinson has shown no signs of slowing down. Your Chicken Little the sky is falling mentality will not change that. Not in this thread. 

I challenge him (or any of the doubters) to name 3 "RB1"s he thinks he can trade Robinson for right now that has any sort of guaranteed value larger than Robinson. Either the better players will be unmovable or owned by a taco (Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara etc) or the comparable players will have an injury history and their own team issues (Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, James Connor etc) that I'd rather own Robinson for ROS, regardless of a tougher schedule.

Bravo on your post, FG.

spacer.png

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

How did Conner do this week?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

I hate takes like these because you act like it's the easiest thing in the world to get comparable value for him. Who am I trading him for? Someone with a "name" but in a crap situation like Zeke? Injured guys like Chubb/Miles Sanders?

20 minutes ago, CPuente57 said:

I hate takes like these because you act like it's the easiest thing in the world to get comparable value for him. Who am I trading him for? Someone with a "name" but in a crap situation like Zeke? Injured guys like Chubb/Miles Sanders?

Package him and a wr3 or something and go for cook, Aaron Jones, Kamara, etc... 

• Haha 7
17 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Like high-floor, consistent RB1 Conner was this week?

His only bad game. More importantly tho, his situation is far more stable and conducive with high floor fantasy production than Jrob. Good defense. Good qb. Almost always in positive game script. Stable situation. Jrob just got a new rookie qb and he got zero catches. Risky situation. 

1 hour ago, Prezkot said:

I challenge him (or any of the doubters) to name 3 "RB1"s he thinks he can trade Robinson for right now that has any sort of guaranteed value larger than Robinson. Either the better players will be unmovable or owned by a taco (Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara etc) or the comparable players will have an injury history and their own team issues (Joe Mixon, Miles Sanders, James Connor etc) that I'd rather own Robinson for ROS, regardless of a tougher schedule.

Bravo on your post, FG.

spacer.png

Hes facing actual tough defenses down the stretch and he's got a, new qb who isn't a, check down Charlie. Notice his line yesterday. 25 carries. Zero receptions. Smacks of td dependency. I prefer backs who's situation is more set in stone 

3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

His only bad game. More importantly tho, his situation is far more stable and conducive with high floor fantasy production than Jrob. Good defense. Good qb. Almost always in positive game script. Stable situation. Jrob just got a new rookie qb and he got zero catches. Risky situation. 

You can’t ignore Conner’s risks and only focus on Robinson’s, which is, at this point, solely that he has a new QB (who looked capable).  He still got 2 targets, and was, I believe, the overall RB3 in half PPR this week... even without a catch.

The Steelers run more empty backfield sets, and Conner was barely on the field in the 2nd half... not to mention he splits goal line work. He also has a higher level of injury risk.

They both have risks... Every RB does outside of the top 3 or so.  Robinson has proven to have a higher ceiling, and  you can’t make the argument that Conner has a higher floor anymore.  Just eat your crow and leave the thread.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You can’t ignore Conner’s risks and only focus on Robinson’s, which is, at this point, solely that he has a new QB (who looked capable).  He still got 2 targets, and was, I believe, the overall RB3 in half PPR this week... even without a catch.

The Steelers run more empty backfield sets, and Conner was barely on the field in the 2nd half... not to mention he splits goal line work. He also has a higher level of injury risk.

They both have risks... Every RB does outside of the top 3 or so.  Robinson has proven to have a higher ceiling, and  you can’t make the argument that Conner has a higher floor anymore.  Just eat your crow and leave the thread.

This was the first game that Conner didn't score. Pittsburgh won't be down double digits much. Unlikely to happen again with that defense. And 2 targets won't do when your team will likely be playing from behind every game. Houston stinks but they face Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Chicago down the stretch. He's gonna need 6 receptions to be productive vs those defenses. Conner is looking at smooth sailing and positive game scripts ROS. Easy money. 

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

This was the first game that Conner didn't score. Pittsburgh won't be down double digits much. Unlikely to happen again with that defense. And 2 targets won't do when your team will likely be playing from behind every game. Houston stinks but they face Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Chicago down the stretch. He's gonna need 6 receptions to be productive vs those defenses. Conner is looking at smooth sailing and positive game scripts ROS. Easy money. 

I have both.  But wasn't this past game supposed to be the perfect game script for conner??  I will take Robinson over for him for the pure fact that Jax gives him 70 percent of the work.  Pitt has proved they have no issue going away from conner.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I have both.  But wasn't this past game supposed to be the perfect game script for conner??  I will take Robinson over for him for the pure fact that Jax gives him 70 percent of the work.  Pitt has proved they have no issue going away from conner.

How many games will Pittsburgh defense fall behind double digits? That was likely the first and last time. 

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

News Flash... the Jags are 1-7. They’ve been playing from behind most of the year.

He’s also only had 6 receptions once this year, and he’s still been pretty damn productive.

3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

How many games will Pittsburgh defense fall behind double digits? That was likely the first and last time. 

You act like the Steelers defense is the ‘85 Bears. They’re certainly one of the best in the league, but they’ve only held their opponents under 16 points once this season, and they just let a 4th string QB off the street with no offensive line move it up and down on them all game.

20 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Kaii23 is something else, I mean if he's telling me I'd have to trade J-Rob AND a WR just to get  James Connor.I mean why would I do that?! Lol,..I'll just keep J-Rob

Edited by CPuente57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1