NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

How many games will Pittsburgh defense fall behind double digits? That was likely the first and last time. 

Doesn't really matter.  Robinson has consistently outscored Conner and they never go away from him.  I have both so don't really care the winner.  Just saying who I would start in most weeks.

Edited by youngrice
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

News Flash... the Jags are 1-7. They’ve been playing from behind most of the year.

He’s also only had 6 receptions once this year, and he’s still been pretty damn productive.

VS paper thin defenses. He's faced a very light schedule that's going to get tougher. And he's averaged over 4 catches a game this year with Minshew. Troubling that he had zero catches with Luton in a game in which they were playing from behind. Hmmm... 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Doesn't really matter.  Robinson has consistently outscored Conner and they never go away from him.  I have both so don't really care the winner.  Just saying who I would start in most weeks.

He hasn't outscored him by much. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You act like the Steelers defense is the ‘85 Bears. They’re certainly one of the best in the league, but they’ve only held their opponents under 16 points once this season, and they just let a 4th string QB off the street with no offensive line move it up and down on them all game.

They clearly came into the game on cruise control. They scored 15 straight once they got there heads out of their a**. 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

You'll be glad u have Conner late in the year. Trust. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

VS paper thin defenses. He's faced a very light schedule that's going to get tougher. And he's averaged over 4 catches a game this year with Minshew. Troubling that he had zero catches with Luton in a game in which they were playing from behind. Hmmm... 

I’m done arguing with you. You focus solely on Robinson’s risks, none of his upside, and completely ignore his performances to date this season.

He looks like a good football player, and he’s got a ton of opportunity... That isn’t going to change. Not to mention, Luton looks capable, and will likely keep the offense moving.

Odd choice to come in here pounding your chest after he puts in a top 5 RB performance, especially when the guy you said is a more consistent RB1 puts up the DUD OF THE YEAR against the worst defense in the league.

[...]

Whatever. Everyone knows your take is awful and your logic is flawed.  I’ll allow others to pick it apart from here.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

He hasn't outscored him by much. 

6 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

You'll be glad u have Conner late in the year. Trust. 

He outscored Conner by around 40 points in PPR.  So around 4 to 5 per week.  Thats a pretty big margin.  Hell I hope your right but I'm more worried about Conner not making to end of year then Robinson.  Conner has always gotten injured.

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m done arguing with you. You focus solely on Robinson’s risks, none of his upside, and completely ignore his performances to date this season.

He looks like a good football player, and he’s got a ton of opportunity... That isn’t going to change. Not to mention, Luton looks capable, and will likely keep the offense moving.

Odd choice to come in here pounding your chest after he puts in a top 5 RB performance, especially when the guy you said is a more consistent RB1 puts up the DUD OF THE YEAR against the worst defense in the league.

[...]

Whatever. Everyone knows your take is awful and your logic is flawed.  I’ll allow others to pick it apart from here.

One bad game for Conner. You know the second half is gonna be ugly with some actual defenses coming to town. . You probably already sold him off. Lol. If you're smart. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, youngrice said:

He outscored Conner by around 40 points in PPR.  So around 4 to 5 per week.  Thats a pretty big margin.  Hell I hope your right but I'm more worried about Conner not making to end of year then Robinson.  Conner has always gotten injured.

Bad math. Try again. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Anyone can get hurt. This season has taught us that. Robinson's bones break too. 

Yes that gives me more reason to the guys who havent had an injury more than once in a single season for 2 yrs in a row. Exactly why people want Kamara over Cook in some circumstances, why people fade Julio Jones etc. Ill play the guys who see the field and have the opportunity any day

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Package him and a wr3 or something and go for cook, Aaron Jones, Kamara, etc... 

Cheese Slid Off GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'll tell you now as a Kamara owner, there is zero chance I'd even entertain trading him for Robinson and a WR3. Fortunately I don't have to because I own both, lol. 

And JRob has outscored Conner 135 to 103.3 in my 1/2 PPR league. No bad math there. 

And you can respond if you'd like, but I'll tell you now that this is my one and only reply to you regarding this topic.

Edited by Flyman75
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Package him and a wr3 or something and go for cook, Aaron Jones, Kamara, etc... 

I think you lost everyone with this suggestion. What kind of league do you play in where anyone in their right mind would do this trade. The fact is you’ll never get fair value in return for JRob so why would you sell him for pennies. I tried to package him with Godwin a few games back for Jacobs and the owner didn’t take it. And I’m happy he didn’t. This guy has been legit pretty much all year regardless of game script or QB changes. Idk why you keep going sometimes you just gotta take the L and move on.

Edited by StevenSC400
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

I think you lost everyone with this suggestion. What kind of league do you play in where anyone in their right mind would do this trade. The fact is you’ll never get fair value in return for JRob so why would you sell him for pennies. I tried to package him with Godwin a few games back for Jacobs and the owner didn’t take it. And I’m happy they didn’t. This guy has been legit pretty much all year regardless of game script or QB changes. Idk why you keep going sometimes you just gotta take the L and move on.

My point was that you should trade up instead of a 1v1. How u do it is up to you 

• Haha 1

[...]  Flames RB1nszn has been a revelation all year.  I would only sell for a Kamara/McCaffrey type, and it's not like the managers of said players would give them up, even for the best Waiver Wire add of the year.  

Even without catching passes he showed he's a stud.  And we all know he still can catch the ball.

Ride the wave.  I'll see y'all in championship week.

Edited by tonycpsu
9 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

First game doesn't count. He left in the first quarter. And they also missed a game due to COVID. Factor that in and the difference is very small. 

So the first game “doesn’t count” (didn’t know that was a thing in fantasy) and we should also ignore his latest game where he finished with 20 overall yards? Makes sense

And I guess we should also ignore the fact that JRob has hit 10+ fantasy points in every single game (in standard no less) aside from two?

I really don’t understand why you’re still coming around here. You called out JRob weeks ago, you were dead wrong, and now you’re doubling down?

Edited by JDE
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JDE said:

So the first game “doesn’t count” (didn’t know that was a thing in fantasy) and we should also ignore his latest game where he finished with 20 overall yards? Makes sense

And I guess we should also ignore the fact that JRob has hit 10+ fantasy points in every single game (in standard no less) aside from two?

I really don’t understand why you’re still coming around here. You called out JRob weeks ago, you were dead wrong, and now you’re doubling down?

I don't think his point was so much that the first game didn't count.  But when projecting players going forward you can generally be like oh okay he left this game early with an injury so I won't hold it against him as much.

22 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

I don't think his point was so much that the first game didn't count.  But when projecting players going forward you can generally be like oh okay he left this game early with an injury so I won't hold it against him as much.

This goes back to a few weeks ago when he said Conner hadn’t had any bad games, and the two of them had scored the same amount of points per game, but he didn’t want to include Week 1.

The discussion was rekindled when he returned this week making the same point, and it was brought to his attention that Conner just had a game worse than Robinson has had all season.

The projection forward was a separate discussion.

13 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

Hes facing actual tough defenses down the stretch and he's got a, new qb who isn't a, check down Charlie. Notice his line yesterday. 25 carries. Zero receptions. Smacks of td dependency. I prefer backs who's situation is more set in stone 

Name these RBs who's "situation is more set in stone." 

1 hour ago, PrestigeWW said:

This again? Is this what you do every week?

Agreed, and the "missed a game due to covid" is stupid. The NFL treated it as bye week, and now Conner and JRob have both played eight games this season. Conner has missed zero games due to covid...just a lie.