NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Had two very nice 15+ yard TD runs called back due to holding, 1 of which had no bearing on the play. PIT next week is looming, but he'll get his 20 carries again. The Jags D came to play today, hope they can keep them in some games down the stretch.

Edited by Olliemets
  • Like 1

James Conner, @Heinz (home), positive gamescript, implied ~29-30 points scored for Pit: 13 rushes, 36 total, 2.8 average, 16 long // 2 receptions, 12 yards

James Robinson, @Lambeau (away), negative gamescript, implied ~9 points scored for Jax: 23 rushes, 109 total, 4.7 average, 20 long // 2 receptions, 5 yards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
On 11/10/2020 at 12:21 AM, Kaii23 said:

One bad game for Conner. You know the second half is gonna be ugly with some actual defenses coming to town. . You probably already sold him off. Lol. If you're smart. 

Guess we won’t have to hear from this dude this week.

I just wish Robinson was more consistent... like James Conner. 😔

14 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Guess we won’t have to hear from this dude this week.

I just wish Robinson was more consistent... like James Conner. 😔

They're basically the same man. You just don't get it. You just have to remove Conner's first and last games, multiply his totals by 1.25, then cock your head and squint really hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, CallMeBDB said:

They're basically the same man. You just don't get it. You just have to remove Conner's first and last games, multiply his totals by 1.25, then cock your head and squint really hard.

Don’t forget Conner’s second-to-last game; we have to excuse that one as well.

Also, you have to adjust for schedule strength and game flow, since the Cowboys & Bengals have elite run defenses and gameflow today in the Steelers’ 26-point win was against him.

Robinson only had 5 targets today and 25 of 26 RB touches, so I think his floor is concerning compared to Conner.

Trade him for a WR2 if you can.

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

Had two very nice 15+ yard TD runs called back due to holding, 1 of which had no bearing on the play. PIT next week is looming, but he'll get his 20 carries again. The Jags D came to play today, hope they can keep them in some games down the stretch.

Very frustrating, particularly the second one.

• Like 2

I can't tell if my eyes are fooling me, but he looks legit elite at times.  I know the GB run defense helps, but watching some of his runs/pass-pro today I'm gaining confidence that JAX has to jumping for joy to have him on that contract.  I keep waiting for the moment where I doubt his security for next year, but I can't see them going RB high in the draft or FA.  Thoughts on 2021?

22 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I can't tell if my eyes are fooling me, but he looks legit elite at times.  I know the GB run defense helps, but watching some of his runs/pass-pro today I'm gaining confidence that JAX has to jumping for joy to have him on that contract.  I keep waiting for the moment where I doubt his security for next year, but I can't see them going RB high in the draft or FA.  Thoughts on 2021?

Your eyes aren’t deceiving you. 

I’ve been paying close attention to him all year. He looks like a legit talent; with all the tools to be a complete elite RB in this league, and a great attitude to match.

That being said... it’s Jacksonville, so let’s hope they don’t screw up this kid’s career.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Your eyes aren’t deceiving you. 

I’ve been paying close attention to him all year. He looks like a legit talent; with all the tools to be a complete elite RB in this league, and a great attitude to match.

That being said... it’s Jacksonville, so let’s hope they don’t screw up this kid’s career.

I've watched him in nearly every game and still can't believe it.  Right now, he's getting it done with a sixth round rookie QB; with competent QB play I don't see how he doesn't minimally keep this up.  They're more than fine at WR already.  What's the catch?  Maybe there isn't one.  Hope you're right!

27 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I've watched him in nearly every game and still can't believe it.  Right now, he's getting it done with a sixth round rookie QB; with competent QB play I don't see how he doesn't minimally keep this up.  They're more than fine at WR already.  What's the catch?  Maybe there isn't one.  Hope you're right!

He played at an FCS school and his 40 time was slow (his other measurables were great).

Seems to me the scouts just missed on him.

• Like 1

If anyone had any doubt I think it's clear now he's set and forget. I don't care about the matchups or the game script. He's a RB1.

I love watching this kid play and he really looks like an above average talent RB in this league.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

If anyone had any doubt I think it's clear now he's set and forget. I don't care about the matchups or the game script. He's a RB1.

I love watching this kid play and he really looks like an above average talent RB in this league.

Every week that passes, every week I'm convinced his dynasty stock is on the rise and is secure and stable heading towards 2021...just hope the new coaching staff and regime feel the same way. He's got a complete skillset and above average athleticism. 

• Like 1

Those two offensive holds were pain. Weak calls to boot.

Luton has been bad, dude can't even throw an accurate checkdown. Hope Minshew is back next week, but Robinson is a set and forget stud regardless. I am a bit worried with this coaching staff's love of Chris Thompson. He's a worse Gio Bernard, and I think the only reason Jrob had 5 targets is partially because of the Thompson injury. They tried to put the fourth string RB in on passing downs and he dropped some easy ones, so they went to near 100% Jrob after.

Edited by harck
12 minutes ago, harck said:

Those two offensive holds were pain. Weak calls to boot.

Luton has been bad, dude can't even throw an accurate checkdown. Hope Minshew is back next week, but Robinson is a set and forget stud regardless. I am a bit worried with this coaching staff's love of Chris Thompson. He's a worse Gio Bernard, and I think the only reason Jrob had 5 targets is partially because of the Thompson injury. They tried to put the fourth string RB in on passing downs and he dropped some easy ones, so they went to near 100% Jrob after.

If anything I’d rather they play Chris Thompson now, so when he inevitably gets hurt, Jrob can go back to 100% of the RB passing work in the fantasy playoffs.

1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

If anything I’d rather they play Chris Thompson now, so when he inevitably gets hurt, Jrob can go back to 100% of the RB passing work in the fantasy playoffs.

Thompson did get hurt yesterday, don't know for how long he is out though. Big reason why Jrob got his 5 targets (unfortunately nearly all of them were poorly thrown).

Edited by harck
Just now, harck said:

Thompson did get hurt yesterday, don't know for how long he is out though. Big reason why Jrob got his 5 targets.

I didn’t watch the game but I figured he’d get hurt again soon. My grandma is more durable than CT.

1 minute ago, harck said:

Anyone worried about the Steelers next week? Have they lost any of their DLine, any nuggets of hope there lol?

Bengals just ran for 120 yards on 20 carries, I think Robinson will be perfectly fine. 

He’s in the set and forget tier.