NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

I honestly believe he may have the best vision in the league already. Insane how he can dissect the defences and find holes to exploit from the backfield. 

Saw a few nice adjustments behind the LOS yesterday when things weren't there as initially planned.  

Great news for Robinson owners. Probably means just like last time, Robinson gets more of a role in the hurry up offense and more 3rd down work. Won't get everything because every RB needs a breather, but the Thompson vulturing is gone.

Now on the bad news front, Minshew still won't be ready for next week according to Marrone. Which means more wildly inaccurate Luton checkdowns, and Luton being less mobile than Minshew means that Steeler blitz is going to wreck him IMO. Offense might stall much like CIN last week.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, harck said:

Those two offensive holds were pain. Weak calls to boot.

Luton has been bad, dude can't even throw an accurate checkdown. Hope Minshew is back next week, but Robinson is a set and forget stud regardless. I am a bit worried with this coaching staff's love of Chris Thompson. He's a worse Gio Bernard, and I think the only reason Jrob had 5 targets is partially because of the Thompson injury. They tried to put the fourth string RB in on passing downs and he dropped some easy ones, so they went to near 100% Jrob after.

What 4th string RB dropped some easy passes? The only RB who was targeted besides Robinson was Ogunbowale, but he only had two targets and caught one of them. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

What 4th string RB dropped some easy passes? The only RB who was targeted besides Robinson was Ogunbowale, but he only had two targets and caught one of them. 

Ogunbowale is the 4th string (Robinson > Thompson > Ozigbo > Ogunbowale, but both Thompson and Ozigbo are hurt). I was incorrect in saying "some." They brought him in on several passing downs shortly after Thompson left; he then dropped a pass right into his chest, and from then on they used Robinson in most passing downs and just brought Ogunbowale to give him a breather.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, harck said:

Ogunbowale is the 4th string (Robinson > Thompson > Ozigbo > Ogunbowale, but both Thompson and Ozigbo are hurt). I was incorrect in saying "some." They brought him in on several passing downs shortly after Thompson left; he then dropped a pass right into his chest, and from then on they used Robinson in most passing downs and just brought Ogunbowale to give him a breather.

Yeah, I know Dare is down the depth chart. Technically 3rd string since Ozigbo hasn't played this season...other than a couple of plays in week 7. He'll probably still be brought in on some passing situations, but at least we don't have to worry about him taking carries from Robinson. 

Chris Thompson to IR.. they gave Ogunbowale some chances in that role after CT went down, but he had a pretty bad drop from what I saw on a 3rd down that would've resulted in a 1st. You could at least see the reasoning behind giving Thompson some of the hurry-up/pass down snaps given his skillset, but I would think Dare doesn't take on that full role. Robinson was a set and forget RB1 regardless, but now the ceiling is the roof.

27 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Chris Thompson to IR.. they gave Ogunbowale some chances in that role after CT went down, but he had a pretty bad drop from what I saw on a 3rd down that would've resulted in a 1st. You could at least see the reasoning behind giving Thompson some of the hurry-up/pass down snaps given his skillset, but I would think Dare doesn't take on that full role. Robinson was a set and forget RB1 regardless, but now the ceiling is the roof.

I agree that the coaches would be stupid not to use JR on 3rd down situations now given how crappy Ogunbowale handled it last week. My concern this week against is the PIT defense. Not sure if Lutton is capable of extending drives... look at how much Burrow struggled this past week. I think Gio Bernard only ended up with 6-7 0.5ppr points? Gotta hope somehow that JR finds the end zone this week to save his fantasy day (crossing fingers, knocking on wood)!

On 11/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Kaii23 said:

First game doesn't count. He left in the first quarter. And they also missed a game due to COVID. Factor that in and the difference is very small. 

Come back.  We misses you.

• Haha 2

Kaii23 will be back. They always come back. 

The minute Robinson posts a 21/76, 2/17 stat line, he will be back with an old milk crate and a megaphone to tell us all how we should have listened to him and traded him for Leveon Bell's upside when we had the chance. That's how these threads work. If you settle on a stance long enough, over a 14 game stretch, you are bound to get a down game at least one time. He is waiting for that one time and then he is going to rain upon us with his fury. This is the way. I have done it. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Kaii23 will be back. They always come back. 

The minute Robinson posts a 21/76, 2/17 stat line, he will be back with an old milk crate and a megaphone to tell us all how we should have listened to him and traded him for Leveon Bell's upside when we had the chance. That's how these threads work. If you settle on a stance long enough, over a 14 game stretch, you are bound to get a down game at least one time. He is waiting for that one time and then he is going to rain upon us with his fury. This is the way. I have done it. 

🤭

How dare you?  JRob would never do that to us. 

Doesn’t matter anyway, he already lost the argument.  His argument was that Conner was an RB1 because he isn’t prone to bad games like Robinson is.  The last two weeks have proven that wrong. The argument is over, even if JRob inevitably has a down game over the ROS.

46 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

🤭

How dare you?  JRob would never do that to us. 

Doesn’t matter anyway, he already lost the argument.  His argument was that Conner was an RB1 because he isn’t prone to bad games like Robinson is.  The last two weeks have proven that wrong. The argument is over, even if JRob inevitably has a down game over the ROS.

You can't look at the last two games.  You should just consider the games in which he did well.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, rv23 said:

tomlin mentions the respect he has for jrob. Makes me worried for this week

image.png.37e8657782e79a7b9d6fcbeb58887163.png

Am I worried? Yes. But sometime you just gotta go all in on a homie and ride or die. Jrob is in my line up now for the rest of the season regardless of match up. He’s earned that.

i worried lufton has a high chance of getting sacked frequently and putting the jags in passing situations.

35 minutes ago, Forestbull said:

Should've had at least 1TD too.

Two questionable calls at best. #80 pancakes his man on the first one and #60 barely touches the defender on the second. 

James has elite cuts that has defenders diving for air which seems to create the illusion of holding penalty's it seems. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
18 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Two questionable calls at best. #80 pancakes his man on the first one and #60 barely touches the defender on the second. 

James has elite cuts that has defenders diving for air which seems to create the illusion of holding penalty's it seems. 

That was definitely holding on 80 on the first run. His right hand was outside the shoulder pad and he took him to the ground. That will get called every time they see it.