NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Where do you think he gets drafted next year?

Round 2 or 3 provided he stays fairly OK from here on out. If he somehow averages 18-20 points PPR in this second half of the season, he could even go round 1. Jags will almost assuredly get a better QB in Justin Fields compared to what they have right now.

Will also depend on Jaguar's offseason moves though, obviously, if they draft a higher round RB or sign a big name free agent, will lower Robinson's stock. They have no reason to spend a high draft pick on an RB when it's clear Robinson's fundamentals are absurdly good for a rookie, but you never know.

Edited by harck
3 hours ago, harck said:

Round 2 or 3 provided he stays fairly OK from here on out. If he somehow averages 18-20 points PPR in this second half of the season, he could even go round 1. Jags will almost assuredly get a better QB in Justin Fields compared to what they have right now.

Will also depend on Jaguar's offseason moves though, obviously, if they draft a higher round RB or sign a big name free agent, will lower Robinson's stock. They have no reason to spend a high draft pick on an RB when it's clear Robinson's fundamentals are absurdly good for a rookie, but you never know.

He's not going 1st round unless they change their philosophy and actually start throwing him the damn ball, which funny enough was his highest grade coming out of college. But ya, they will have Lawrence or Fields next season, with Robinson, who has looked phenomenal. Robinson is the perfect example of overvaluing speed in the drafts. Dude has vision for days, he sees the holes and hits those holes almost every single time. You can't teach that really. He doesn't need 4.3 speed. Things will be looking up real fast. I'm guessing 2nd rounder in most leagues 10+ unless they start throwing him the ball, then seriously, a possible 1st rounder with young legs.

Edited by TennisDude
5 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

He's not going 1st round unless they change their philosophy and actually start throwing him the damn ball, which funny enough was his highest grade coming out of college. But ya, they will have Lawrence or Fields next season, with Robinson, who has looked phenomenal. Things will be looking up real fast. I'm guessing 2nd rounder in most leagues 10+ unless they start throwing him the ball, then seriously, a possible 1st rounder with young legs.

He was getting a lot of targets with Minshew. The last couple weeks he’s had 2 & 3 under Luton.

I don’t think the targets are really an issue, just the QB who is throwing them.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TennisDude said:

He's not going 1st round unless they change their philosophy and actually start throwing him the damn ball, which funny enough was his highest grade coming out of college. But ya, they will have Lawrence or Fields next season, with Robinson, who has looked phenomenal. Robinson is the perfect example of overvaluing speed in the drafts. Dude has vision for days, he sees the holes and hits those holes almost every single time. You can't teach that really. He doesn't need 4.3 speed. Things will be looking up real fast. I'm guessing 2nd rounder in most leagues 10+ unless they start throwing him the ball, then seriously, a possible 1st rounder with young legs.

U serious, Clark? Lol. In all seriousness, he has 39 targets in 9 games and is on pace for 51 receptions this season. Luton even managed to target him 5 times Sunday, and Robinson has had seven games of 4 or more targets. 

Little worried that Ozigbo is finally healthy this week. Jags beat writers were excited about him in the off-season and Doug Marrone can be crazy. Would be disappointed, but not surprised, to see them bring in Ozigbo on 30-40% of snaps just to see what he's got.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, harck said:

Little worried that Ozigbo is finally healthy this week. Jags beat writers were excited about him in the off-season and Doug Marrone can be crazy. Would be disappointed, but not surprised, to see them bring in Ozigbo on 30-40% of snaps just to see what he's got.

Yeah, I’ve always believed Ozigbo could become a thing, even if we don’t want him to. Not a big thing...not double-digit touches or anything. But I can’t imagine them wanting to continue to give Robinson 95 percent of the RB carries If Ozigbo is healthy. It is admittedly not a popular stance, lol. 

Popped up on the injury report today with Shoulder designation. Limited practice. Hopefully it's minor. It is about that time of year where most RBs start getting limited practices with knicks and bruises.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, harck said:

Popped up on the injury report today with Shoulder designation. Limited practice. Hopefully it's minor. It is about that time of year where most RBs start getting limited practices with knicks and bruises.

He's already practicing so it hopefully isn't all that bad.

Last week the only ones who could stop our boy Flames RB1nson were the refs.  He had two 20+ yard TD runs called back, I saw the second one and it was a ticky tacky hold on the other side of the play.  It had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the play.

This week we will truly find out if our boy is matchup proof / injury report proof.

EXPERT NOTE

Every time I look at the Jaguars backfield split, I'm amazed. Remember when we played Leonard Fournette as an RB1 every week last year because he had such an incredible floor? Getting 87.8 percent of the backfield touches no matter the offense is going to give you top-10 upside. His projected stat line is awfully close (slightly better) to Chris Carson's 2019 where he had 1,230 rushing yards, 266 receiving yards, and nine touchdowns. The next issue is the Steelers run defense, which ranks as the best in the NFL. Running backs have averaged 17.4 percent fewer fantasy points than their seasonal average against the Steelers. Running backs have seen just a 14.3 percent target share against the Steelers, which ranks as the third-lowest mark in the league. That's led to them allowing a league-low 27 receptions on the season to running backs. Doing the math, that's just three receptions per game for running backs. All in all, the Steelers have allowed a piddly 17.7 PPR points per game to running backs, which is the lowest number in the league. It really helps that Robinson has totaled 87.8 percent of the touches in this backfield because the Steelers opponents have averaged a league-low 23.4 running back touches per game. The only running back who's finished better than RB14 since the start of the 2019 season (span of 25 games) was Miles Sanders, who broke a long 70-plus yard touchdown run. Robinson needs to remain in lineups as a stable presence who has at least 16 touches in every game this year, but lower expectations into the RB2 range.

Edited by jagsfan05
4 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He's been just fine in Luton's 2 starts. 

He’s been productive in Luton’s 2 starts, but his receiving has dropped off the map.  He’s had 3 combined receiving yards on 2 receptions across Luton’s 2 starts. Only game he had fewer than 3 receptions previously was game 1.  So that is a legit concern with Luton.

On 11/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, harck said:

When will posts like these stop? Jesus. I can't tell if this is trolling or serious. 30 to 40 percent of the snaps just to see what he's got? SMH. I feel stupid even responding but I can't help myself. I'm a sucker for Gummi Bear posts like these. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

When will posts like these stop? Jesus. I can't tell if this is trolling or serious. 30 to 40 percent of the snaps just to see what he's got? SMH. I feel stupid even responding but I can't help myself. I'm a sucker for Gummi Bear posts like these. 

They need a backup my guy. He's the only one they got right now and he was supposed to be the starter coming into the season before his injury. It would not shock me at all if he gets a share of snaps, 30 to 40 is probably high, but 20 to 30. Robinson's 80-90% share isn't sustainable and have come as a result of mid-game injuries. I say this as an owner that loves the guy.

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, harck said:

They need a backup my guy. He's the only one they got right now and he was supposed to be the starter coming into the season before his injury. It would not shock me at all if he gets a share of snaps, 30 to 40 is probably high, but 20 to 30. Robinson's 80-90% share isn't sustainable and have come as a result of mid-game injuries. I say this as an owner that loves the guy.

Better be an owner..... Lol. 20 to 30 sounds reasonable. You don't want to wear the kid into the ground. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:57 PM, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I’ve always believed Ozigbo could become a thing, even if we don’t want him to. Not a big thing...not double-digit touches or anything. But I can’t imagine them wanting to continue to give Robinson 95 percent of the RB carries If Ozigbo is healthy. It is admittedly not a popular stance, lol. 

It's a bird!? It's a plane!? No, its OZIGBO! With the super power of "beat writers thoughts on paper from August" he fights for truth, justice and the American way!

• Like 3