NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

17 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He's been just fine in Luton's 2 starts. 

They played two of the worst rush defenses and he had his worst two week reception/target total of the season. 

Only a two game sample size but it seems he's going to run more and catch it less. Considering they don't score much, not what you really want in PPR.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

It's a bird!? It's a plane!? No, its OZIGBO! With the super power of "beat writers thoughts on paper from August" he fights for truth, justice and the American way!

Not sure what this is supposed to mean. My statement has nothing to do with writers thinking anything about Ozigbo on paper and has to do with common sense. Once they have a healthy backup RB that can actually run the ball (ie, not CT or Dare), Robinson will not continue to get 95 percent of the RB carries. 

Edited by Flyman75
1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

They played two of the worst rush defenses and he had his worst two week reception/target total of the season. 

Only a two game sample size but it seems he's going to run more and catch it less. Considering they don't score much, not what you really want in PPR.

Why anyone thinks the offense improves with Luton over Minshew boggles my mind. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Yes. Mind still boggled? Luton > injured Minshew. 

Let's see how it shakes out.  Both are better than where they were drafted but I don't think either one of them possesses huge upside.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about this one. I'm certain he'll get plenty of touches, I'm just not sure he's going to be able to do much with them. I'll roll with him, but if I can get 10 points it will be a significant victory. 

38 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

No injury designation for Sunday. Looks like the shoulder is fine. 👍🏻

roll him out there, unfortunately this is probably a floor game for him.  i'm expecting a grind it out 10pts out of him this week.  of course  there is always a chance at a high ceiling game but that chance against PIT i would say is very very slim

2 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Hoping for for a 20/85/2 type of game. 

so your hope is for something that hasn't happen in the last 25 games against that defense.  the closest thing was Sanders in what would amount to basically 2 seasons of football

3 minutes ago, Panthor said:

so your hope is for something that hasn't happen in the last 25 games against that defense.  the closest thing was Sanders in what would amount to basically 2 seasons of football

Why would I hope for a crappy game?

24 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Why would I hope for a crappy game?

why not have a realistic expectation, and make a good line up decision based on what is most likely going to happen, instead of hoping for the 1 in 1,000,000 shot

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Panthor said:

why not have a realistic expectation, and make a good line up decision based on what is most likely going to happen, instead of hoping for the 1 in 1,000,000 shot

Because Robinson has been mostly matchup proof so far. Unless there are literally no holes for him to glide through Sunday, it's insanely difficult to not play him. The Jags only chance in this game is to ride Robinson and hope he takes over somehow. Though of course, I'm also of the belief that they've been limiting Robinson's usage to lose for sure also. They can taste Lawrence or Fields at this point. lol

• Like 1

So with Chris Thompson on IR who is replacing him? Sorry if I missed that one. But we will need all the work he can get against this defensive front, just hoping he gets a few more catches then he has recently. If we get anything over 10 points that’s a win.

18 hours ago, Panthor said:

20/85/2 is not a “1 in 1,000,000 shot.”

Yardage is about what I’m expecting, Pittsburgh gives up an average of 106.8 yards/game this year, and the run D hasn’t been as stout without Devin Bush.  Robinson should get 90+% of JAX’s RB yardage, so even if they fall short of that average, 85 is realistic.

All he has to do is get in the end zone twice, something he’s already done earlier this season in a negative game script against a good defense (Miami).

Also, with Thompson out, he should get most/all of the passing down work, so it could be a receiving TD (he’s had 2 already this year).

I think 20/85/2 is about his ceiling this week with regards to fantasy points, but it’s certainly in the realm of possibility.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

So with Chris Thompson on IR who is replacing him? Sorry if I missed that one. But we will need all the work he can get against this defensive front, just hoping he gets a few more catches then he has recently. If we get anything over 10 points that’s a win.

Devine Ozigbo

still nothing to worry about as for now.

per rotoworld: 

Jaguars beat writers and coaches had high praise for Ozigbo this summer before he landed on IR with a hamstring injury and Robinson took over as the team's primary ball carrier. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Pa.style said:

Devine Ozigbo

still nothing to worry about as for now.

per rotoworld: 

Jaguars beat writers and coaches had high praise for Ozigbo this summer before he landed on IR with a hamstring injury and Robinson took over as the team's primary ball carrier. 

Snooze you lose.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

I know he's not a prolific pass catcher but do you think he'll get a lot of short passes? If not I think I will leave him on the bench.

Probably... imagine they play from behind most of the game and that usually helps pass catching backs.

Yeah I've given this about as much thought as humanly possible over the past 5 days...

And I am choosing to sit James Robinson tomorrow.

I don't like this matchup, AT ALL. So much so that I was fairly surprised when Yahoo projected 15+ PPR points for him this week.

This feels like a game that can get out of line quick, and it feels like a game in which the Jags will almost assuredly be pressured into throwing the ball.

Yes, in previous weeks, they've stuck with the run even when they're down...but just feels like this could be a 24-3 kind of game by half-time.

For me, the bottom line is this.

The likelihood is fairly good that Robinson won't be going for more than 75 rushing yards, and at this point, it feels like this week will be completely dependent on whether or not he scores a TD.

Feels like it's going to be one of two outcomes.

Either he:

Goes for 15-65-0

Goes for 15-65-1

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1