NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Yeah I've given this about as much thought as humanly possible over the past 5 days...

And I am choosing to sit James Robinson tomorrow.

I don't like this matchup, AT ALL. So much so that I was fairly surprised when Yahoo projected 15+ PPR points for him this week.

This feels like a game that can get out of line quick, and it feels like a game in which the Jags will almost assuredly be pressured into throwing the ball.

Yes, in previous weeks, they've stuck with the run even when they're down...but just feels like this could be a 24-3 kind of game by half-time.

For me, the bottom line is this.

The likelihood is fairly good that Robinson won't be going for more than 75 rushing yards, and at this point, it feels like this week will be completely dependent on whether or not he scores a TD.

Feels like it's going to be one of two outcomes.

Either he:

Goes for 15-65-0

Goes for 15-65-1

And with guys like Mike Davis and CEH on my roster, feels like he's the most likely to drop a dud.

I feel like Pitt isn't a team to really run away from anyone usually. They seem to play down to their competition from time to time. And Jax just hung with GB. I feel like it's going to stay within striking distance, and the volume will be there. Jax will have drives where the ball moves to the red zone and JRob will be their best play, just like every week. 22/80/1 and 2/12/0. I'm starting with no hesitatiin. The RB4 stays in my lineup every week.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, cdd10 said:

I think since Devin Bush went down PIT has allowed like the 3rd most rushing yards to teams or something like that. Not as bad of a matchup on paper as it looks imo.

Yep, Bush is there run plugger. Not the same stopping power for sure for Pitt without him. And this game is at home in warm Jax. Just on touches alone, he's start worthy.

6 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

His schedule gets tough. If my league didn’t pass the trade deadline I would probably try and move him now. 

I guess? The Packers had the 12th rush defense and the Chargers 13th, and he torched both of those recently for a 100+. Shrug

41 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s possible, considering Robinson cost little to no draft capital. I have the options. Was considering Gio over him, but I’m gonna ride with Robinson.

Meh, he should still be solid in those matchups on volume alone. The RB landscape is a **** show as it is.

17 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Meh, he should still be solid in those matchups on volume alone. The RB landscape is a **** show as it is.

I’m not arguing with you that Robinson isn’t solid. But the RB landscape as “****show” is a bit of an exaggeration. It isn’t that bad, and there are plenty of solid options week to week. I personally also have Henry & Jacobs.

49 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

His schedule gets tough. If my league didn’t pass the trade deadline I would probably try and move him now. 

I tried. Would have to had sold low. Maybe wouldn't have been thr worst idea with balt, indy and pitt? Again in the fantasy playoffs.. Yikes. 

20 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m not arguing with you that Robinson isn’t solid. But the RB landscape as “****show” is a bit of an exaggeration. It isn’t that bad, and there are plenty of solid options week to week. I personally also have Henry & Jacobs.

I agree with the other guy. Rbs have been hard to come by this season. 

26 minutes ago, Mrmann1 said:

I agree with the other guy. Rbs have been hard to come by this season. 

They’re hard to come by every year, that’s why they’re drafted early and often... I don’t think this one has been particularly “s**t-showy”.  People just have short-term memories.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

If he produces today can we all agree to drop the oh-my-God-his-schedule-is-tough-narrative? 

I haven't been riding this particular train, but definitely feel like today's game is going to be a tough one. And Jags have seemed to be hesitant to throw him the ball consistently out of the backfield.

Right now, I'm choosing between him and Kareem Hunt....and both have "horrible matchups" on paper.

8 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

If he produces today can we all agree to drop the oh-my-God-his-schedule-is-tough-narrative? 

Theres been a narrative all season hes going to fall back to earth(competition for touches, game script, bad team, bad coaching) but he continues to produce.  His floor games are not beautiful but enough to let me trust him in the bad matchups until he proves me wrong.

1 hour ago, WesternSociety said:

Theres been a narrative all season hes going to fall back to earth(competition for touches, game script, bad team, bad coaching) but he continues to produce.  His floor games are not beautiful but enough to let me trust him in the bad matchups until he proves me wrong.

It’s been an incredible ride. 

It's insane he got to 15 points in my league and with Luton literally throwing away 4 possessions in ints. Luton also NEVER looks to dump it off, which is pretty hilarious, because that is the one thing a young qb should do to move the chains and get confidence. Regardless, Luton is not an NFL qb and they need to get Minshew back out there immediately.

7 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is Minshew still injured or has he been benched now? Think he’s been out 3 weeks + 1 BYE.

My honest feelings is he was benched so they could lose games and have a chance at Lawrence or Fields. But the Jets will play Flacco if they have to the end to guarantee they get Lawrence and Fields looks like another insanely overhyped Ohio State QB, that might be a 3rd rounder after that performance with IU. So they might as well play to win and see if Minshew can improve further, because at least Minshew had them in almost every game. If they had the Jags D of 2017 + Minshew, they'd be better than the Jags D of 2017 + Bortles by quite a bit in my opinion. And that was 1 play from a Super Bowl. So in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with Minshew even long term.

Edited by MrPositive
14 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

It's insane he got to 15 points in my league and with Luton literally throwing away 4 possessions in ints. Luton also NEVER looks to dump it off, which is pretty hilarious, because that is the one thing a young qb should do to move the chains and get confidence. Regardless, Luton is not an NFL qb and they need to get Minshew back out there immediately.

If you watched the game, was JRob in the flat and wouldn’t get looks, or did they have him in there to block mostly today?