NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, vikesrube said:

If you watched the game, was JRob in the flat and wouldn’t get looks, or did they have him in there to block mostly today?

They got behind early (shocking with Luton in there!) and did a ton of passing and had Ogunbowale (and Ozigbo) in on several passing plays as well, which honestly I think is colossally dumb also, as they don't trust him with the ball anyways.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Notice: For those of you worried about any future matchups involving James Robinson, just drop him and move on with your life. You will never be sold on this guy and we don't want to ride your roller coaster of doubt anymore. The guy is a bonafide baller and you don't deserve him. Each week you have been looking out one set of the train windows waiting for derailment; the entire time missing the view from the other side and the beautiful scenery behind it. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1

Glad to see Robinson have a solid day today against tough run defense. I did sit him, and it turned out to be the right move for me, but Robinson just gets more encouraging by the week. And I think his floor takes a couple of steps up once Minshew returns healthy. There's nothing scary about the next three games...week 15 could be a tough matchup...week 16 against the Bears just doesn't worry me. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Glad to see Robinson have a solid day today against tough run defense. I did sit him, and it turned out to be the right move for me, but Robinson just gets more encouraging by the week. And I think his floor takes a couple of steps up once Minshew returns healthy. There's nothing scary about the next three games...week 15 could be a tough matchup...week 16 against the Bears just doesn't worry me. 

I think I'm the opposite, Ravens have looked fairly vulnerable to the run in the last 3 games. Maybe it's because their defensive front is banged up; they might be healthy by week 15. I am worried about that Bears front though. I desperately want Minshew back for that receiving floor. Luton the "college check down artist" only ever looks to chuck jump balls downfield. He was lucky to have 4 interceptions today, should have been closer to 6-7.

Even if Jags are tanking, at this point they might as well put Minshew back in so he has some trade value at the end of the season.

Edited by harck

No Myles Garrett next week for the Browns. Big for Jrob. This + Minshew back would be a godsend. I continue to irrationally fret the Jags are going to do something dumb though and continue to reduce Jrob's workload as the season moves on and they look towards next year.

5 minutes ago, harck said:

No Myles Garrett next week for the Browns. Big for Jrob. This + Minshew back would be a godsend. I continue to irrationally fret the Jags are going to do something dumb though and continue to reduce Jrob's workload as the season moves on and they look towards next year.

Is Garrett definitely out?

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

That won’t continue, even if he only loses 2-4 carries a game, assuming Ozigbo is back healthy. 

What is the love affair with Ozigbo? He isn't a star and isn't any good.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, devaster said:

What is the love affair with Ozigbo? He isn't a star and isn't any good.

No love affair. He’s just the only viable back behind Robinson, and the percentage of the RB carries Robinson has is lunacy. 

43 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Doug Marrone talked after our game yesterday about how bad he feels that J-Rob isn't getting as many carries due to us playing from behind. I wouldn't worry about another RB on our squad at this point.

Good to hear. Did he speak on Minshew at all?

57 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Doug Marrone talked after our game yesterday about how bad he feels that J-Rob isn't getting as many carries due to us playing from behind. I wouldn't worry about another RB on our squad at this point.

That's good to hear. I just keep looking at the percentage of RB carries he gets, and it's just absolutely nuts. Lol. But, he's averaging 17.2 carries through 10 weeks. Now, that does put him on a pace for 275 carries, which is a lot these days. Add in a pace for 50 receptions.. But, he's well-built and isn't showing any signs of slowing down right now. so that is very encouraging. However, I have to ask the question...will he hit the proverbial rookie wall? Maybe he won't, but it happens and he's on pace for 325 total touches. Regardless, I am stoked about this young man's future and can't wait to see how the rest of 2020 plays out for him :)

1 hour ago, harck said:

Good to hear. Did he speak on Minshew at all?

Minshew threw in practice for us last week. Marrone mentioned after the game yesterday that he doesn't know who will start for us next week and that he probably wouldn't know today either when reporters ask.

3 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Minshew threw in practice for us last week. Marrone mentioned after the game yesterday that he doesn't know who will start for us next week and that he probably wouldn't know today either when reporters ask.

Robinson owners everywhere are keeping their fingers crossed. Lol. Minshew gives him a higher floor. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Robinson owners everywhere are keeping their fingers crossed. Lol. Minshew gives him a higher floor. 

Seriously. Please fantasy gods, bring Minshew back. The fact that Marrone is so shaky on Minshew scares me. It should be a no-brainer that he is the starter when healthy. Luton is absolutely worse.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

No Myles Garret. Oh MyLanta, it's feasting time boyz.

I hope so. They got away from running entirely too quickly yesterday, in spite of it working. I dont know why you'd have a green, struggling qb keep throwing into the teeth of that defense but they did. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

I hope so. They got away from running entirely too quickly yesterday, in spite of it working. I dont know why you'd have a green, struggling qb keep throwing into the teeth of that defense but they did. 

That head coach is simply horrific. In the beginning they fed Robinson and kept it close, then they didn't and got blown out. This isn't' rocket science on who their best player for winning is. lol But again, they may be trying to lose of course. They aren't out of the Lawrence sweepstakes quite yet.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

That head coach is simply horrific. In the beginning they fed Robinson and kept it close, then they didn't and got blown out. This isn't' rocket science on who their best player for winning is. lol But again, they may be trying to lose of course. They aren't out of the Lawrence sweepstakes quite yet.

They marched down the field in a 10-3 game into the red zone entirely because of Robinson, then they throw a pick.

Then they continue to throw the ball, to less than no results (3 more interceptions). 

Doesn’t take rocket science to see that one aspect is working and one isn’t. 

Robinson accounted for 63% of the Jags total yards, and that’s with them throwing the ball 37 times. Get your head out of your a**es coaches. 

Keep the ball in their best players hands, and keep it out of the green QB who is struggling mightily. 

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 1