NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Ogunbawale is a depth pickup that can tote the rock in a tight spot or spell a handful of plays, with versatility as a special teams player. They weren’t going to only dress two RBs heading into Sunday, particularly when one is the glass cannon Chris Thompson. Nothing to see there—if anything it makes me a little more hyped that Robinson’s competition seems to be dropping like flys, leading him to a prime opportunity to take over this backfield a lot earlier than anyone would have thought. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does this sound like a possibility:

After cutting star RB Leonard Fournette the head coach and the GM of the Jags both agreed that rookie James Robinson's camp play made the move possible. Today they doubled down on that confidence by signing soon to be out of the league RB Dare Ogunbowale to split carries and compete for the starting role.

• Haha 5
Just now, AnchorDown said:

Ogunbawale is a depth pickup that can tote the rock in a tight spot or spell a handful of plays, with versatility as a special teams player. They weren’t going to only dress two RBs heading into Sunday, particularly when one is the glass cannon Chris Thompson. Nothing to see there—if anything it makes me a little more hyped that Robinson’s competition seems to be dropping like flys, leading him to a prime opportunity to take over this backfield a lot earlier than anyone would have thought. 

Agreed Dare is insurance depth.  they were so thin at RB they had to sign someone.  I think Robinson gets 12-15 carries.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

So you can grab a seat on the wildest hype train since Josh Gordon 1.0. It's probably going to lead us nowhere, but if nothing else the entertainment value is worth a roster spot for the first week.

What's with the negative shots? It's probably going to lead us nowhere? Just like all your other bench players mostly.

It's exciting to have a starting RB basically off waivers or as the last pick in your draft. 

If anybody is relying on him week 1 then they probably didn't draft very well but any starting RB on any offense in the NFL is relevant. Patrick Laird of the dolphins was relevant in PPR last year. JRob is gonna be a fantasy asset if he stays the starter it's just a matter of what he can do with the opportunity. 

I'd venture to guess that most people would love to get JRob now as opposed to next week after he were to go 12 for 80 and a TD and 3 catches for 40 yards.

• Like 8

I have him, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to start him in week one unless you just had an awful draft or play in a 16 teamer. Even if he's going to get the lion's share of the snaps, the Jags aren't likely to score a lot of points.

He's a good snag though and could be a valuable asset once injuries and byes start to take their toll. I think you have to treat him as a low end RB3 until we see not only his workload, but also his talent level. He did have a good combine, not the fastest 40 time, but overall he appears to be a really good athlete who had a great senior year. 

rsz_2capture.thumb.jpg.8671c39300c2bacb155f1c03f5ae7548.jpg

Edited by OrangeAggie
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's exciting to have a starting RB basically off waivers or as the last pick in your draft

Are you really excited?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If anybody is relying on him week 1 then they probably didn't draft very well but any starting RB on any offense in the NFL is relevant. Patrick Laird of the dolphins was relevant in PPR last year. JRob is gonna be a fantasy asset if he stays the starter it's just a matter of what he can do with the opportunity. 

I gotta bet on any 12 team leagues  you won’t ever rely on him...

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd venture to guess that most people would love to get JRob now as opposed to next week after he were to go 12 for 80 and a TD and 3 catches for 40 yards.

Not I 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Are you really excited?

I gotta bet on any 12 team leagues  you won’t ever rely on him...

Not I 

you asked why because he is a cheap back 

now i must ask why are you here then ? we get it you dont like him 

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

So you can grab a seat on the wildest hype train since Josh Gordon 1.0. It's probably going to lead us nowhere, but if nothing else the entertainment value is worth a roster spot for the first week.

When his head was in it, Gordon had the looks of an all time great. That's why his hype train was so long.

Robinson's hype is only because he went relatively undrafted in the majority of leagues and is now atop the depth chart. If Dare is so good then why couldn't he beat out Peyton Freaking Barber? Robinson has some skills going by the tape and the coaches heap praise upon him. Starting RBs are gold in fantasy.

2 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Gordon had competition for targets though and quite the addiction to weed. Robinson has basically no competition and no addiction. They literally HAVE to hand him the ball for at least one week. Thompson doesn't carry any longer and is basically hobbled running glass and Dare doesn't tote either, and won't even know the offense. Robinson is going to get his one chance to shine. Let's see if he grabs it or not. Shrug

Edited by TennisDude
3 hours ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Wow, I'm shocked that DB adjusted and actually caught up with him after getting juked. 

30 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

you asked why because he is a cheap back 

now i must ask why are you here then ? we get it you dont like him 

Why? The thread was a HOT ... I read what people were writing I still don’t get the reason why. So I asked Why?

Alrite, call me crazy...actually I am crazy for wanting to start this guy in week 1. But I haven’t feel this much excitement over a RB since...Arian Foster...yup I said it. 

12/80/1 yea? Not too much to ask for a week 1 confidence booster right? 

Maybe they will be behind enough that he’ll catch 2 passes for another 20 yards. How about a nice 100 yards day with a touch? 

Come with me if you want to...lose 🤪 I mean live. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1