NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

[...] Unless theres a drastic change in the landscape I'll be starting him weeks 15 and 16 with confidence. Smooth as a silky yam.  I project a mid second round pick next year and I'll happily take him there.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

I’ve rode with Robinson all year. His playoff schedule worries me though. May try to move him for a back like Zeke, Chubb, or Jacobs if I can. Not sure. Either way his value is extremely high in keeper/dynasty leagues. 

20 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Anyone know if he’s got a shot at braking any unstaffed rushing records ?

If by "unstaffed" you mean undrafted free agent, then yes.  He already has at least one: Most Yards in Week 1 by an Undrafted Free Agent--62 yards.

I think the most scrimmage yards by an undrafted free agent is in the 1300 range.  Robinson is already over 1000 with six games left.  

I think the rushing yardage record is in the 1100 -1200 range, so he'd need to average ~80 yards per game.  He's currently averaging around 76 ypg.

Edited by fbi314159
43 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Lutton is so bad. 4 interceptions Sunday. Teams can just stack the box and all out blitz. 

Has a fantasy RB ever thrived in an environment like this?

Guess it depends on how you defined thrived. The 2 QBs in the tweet had Gio Bernard 168 rushes for 680 yards, 5 td, & 43 catches for 349 yards and 2 td and Trent Richardson 267 rushes for 950 yards, 11 td, & 51 catches for 367 yards and 1 td in those respective years. 

Not terrible right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2012_roster.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2014_roster.htm

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Guess it depends on how you defined thrived. The 2 QBs in the tweet had Gio Bernard 168 rushes for 680 yards, 5 td, & 43 catches for 349 yards and 2 td and Trent Richardson 267 rushes for 950 yards, 11 td, & 51 catches for 367 yards and 1 td in those respective years. 

Not terrible right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2012_roster.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2014_roster.htm

Great point! One is still playing at a decent level in the league and is a dual threat. The other was a top 10 pick at the position before flaming out. The third was an UNDRAFTED free agent. The other two had the pedigree, making what Robinson is doing all the more impressive. Great find! Thanks.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

glennon starting.... JROB set for a 10 rec day

Does he check down a lot? I can’t remember.

Regardless, he has to be an upgrade from Luton.  Also, it sounds like Marrone seemed to indicate that Minshew would be the starter again once fully healthy.

10 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Does he check down a lot? I can’t remember.

2017 with the bears, signed a big FA deal to start..., started the first 4 games before the team finally admitted they gave a lot of money to a QB who wasnt that great and benched him....

game 1: 17 RB targets, tarik cohen 8 rec, howard 3 rec

game 2: 10 RB targets, tarik cohen 8 rec, howard 0

game 3: 12 RB targets, cohen 4 rec, howard 5 rec, benny cunningham 3 rec

game 4: 8 RB targets, cohen 4 rec, howard 2 rec

admittedly, probably not a great comparison using 2017 stats, but it is the last time he was a starter (other than fill in games here and there the last couple of years)

Edited by iamkoza
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Why the hell is MInshew not starting? That's insane. He gives them the best chance to win. They have to be purposely tanking at this point and holding out hope that tank commander Gase pulls out a win.

Edited by harck
9 minutes ago, harck said:

Why the hell is MInshew not starting? That's insane. He gives them the best chance to win. They have to be purposely tanking at this point and holding out hope that tank commander Gase pulls out a win.

Marrone said he’s not fully healthy yet.  

Not sure if that’s true or not, but we could see Minshew again next week or the week after.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Marrone said he’s not fully healthy yet.  

Not sure if that’s true or not, but we could see Minshew again next week or the week after.

Hopefully he's back next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are purposely holding him out. His injury timeline was 2-3 weeks and it has been 5 weeks (including the BYE) and he's been throwing in practice for 2 full weeks now. 

1 hour ago, harck said:

Hopefully he's back next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are purposely holding him out. His injury timeline was 2-3 weeks and it has been 5 weeks (including the BYE) and he's been throwing in practice for 2 full weeks now. 

I think it’ll depend on how Glennon plays.  The Jake Luton experiment is clearly done.

19 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

The most accurate RB expert on FantasyPros.com, Pat Fitzmaurice, currently has our boy at her #2 spot for Week 12 in PPR. +5 vs. ECR 😯

Will be interesting to see where she finally puts him. 

Pat is a 'he' not a 'she.'  And he is the man.  The 'footballgirl' site refers to someone else.  He is not the football girl.  Highly recommend his podcast, Fitz on Fantasy.

9 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Pat is a 'he' not a 'she.'  And he is the man.  The 'footballgirl' site refers to someone else.  He is not the football girl.  Highly recommend his podcast, Fitz on Fantasy.

pat_snl.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Anyone worried about our boy this weekend? Glennon at QB, Will it just be a one sided game? Browns defense have been decent. Would be lying if I wasn't tempted to sit him ahead of some of the week 12 waiver wire RBs but haven't got the cabinets to drop him. What's everyone's temperature on Robinson this week? Set and forget?

6 minutes ago, CookiesOmNom said:

Anyone worried about our boy this weekend? Glennon at QB, Will it just be a one sided game? Browns defense have been decent. Would be lying if I wasn't tempted to sit him ahead of some of the week 12 waiver wire RBs but haven't got the cabinets to drop him. What's everyone's temperature on Robinson this week? Set and forget?

Apparentely Glennon is a check down machine. As long as game doesn’t get out of hand (now that Ozigbo seems to be in on a lot of passing downs) I think an inefficient rushing game could be offset by more catches. One thing I feel pretty comfortable about is that the Jags won’t do that BS constant throwing on the goal like crap like they’d previously did with more mobile Glennon and Luton.

8 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Apparentely Glennon is a check down machine. As long as game doesn’t get out of hand (now that Ozigbo seems to be in on a lot of passing downs) I think an inefficient rushing game could be offset by more catches. One thing I feel pretty comfortable about is that the Jags won’t do that BS constant throwing on the goal like crap like they’d previously did with more mobile Glennon and Luton.

Wasn’t lufton the check down king allegedly? If I hear one more person refer to a back up QB as a “check down machine/king” I’m gonna throw a chair on the court. At the end of the day all these guys check down the same I feel like, and Glennon doesn’t move the offense as great as Minshew, which is what really matters in terms of QB play leading to positive RB production.

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Wasn’t lufton the check down king allegedly? If I hear one more person refer to a back up QB as a “check down machine/king” I’m gonna throw a chair on the court. At the end of the day all these guys check down the same I feel like, and Glennon doesn’t move the offense as great as Minshew, which is what really matters in terms of QB play leading to positive RB production.

First, relax.

Second, I have no idea who said Luton was a check down machine, but it was evident the moment he took his first snaps at QB in the NFL that he was anything but that. So any comments on him being a check down machine was pure speculation based on the fact that he was a rookie QB. Glennon on the other hand is documented as targeting his RBs at a very high rate. Also, if all of these guys check down the same, then why did James Robinson’s receptions/targets go down significantly the minute Luton took over for Minshew? Not sure how anyone can watch Luton vs Minshew in this same offense and walk away saying “I feel like all QBs check down the same”.

Lastly, it’s clear Minshew is the best option for this offense. But right now it’s either Glennon or Luton, and anyone who’s watched Luton the past few weeks would be crazy to prefer him over Glennon.

Edited by nb009
23 minutes ago, nb009 said:

First, relax.

Second, I have no idea who said Luton was a check down machine, but it was evident the moment he took his first snaps at QB in the NFL that he was anything but that. So any comments on him being a check down machine was pure speculation based on the fact that he was a rookie QB. Glennon on the other hand is documented as targeting his RBs at a very high rate. Also, if all of these guys check down the same, then why did James Robinson’s receptions/targets go down significantly the minute Luton took over for Minshew? Not sure how anyone can watch Luton vs Minshew in this same offense and walk away saying “I feel like all QBs check down the same”.

Lastly, it’s clear Minshew is the best option for this offense. But right now it’s either Glennon or Luton, and anyone who’s watched Luton the past few weeks would be crazy to prefer him over Glennon.

I think we all agree minshew>Glennon>lufton.

Lufton apparently checked down a lot in college so that’s where people were saying he would check down to Jrob a lot. I don’t think any QB on this roster will necessarily check down more than the other. The reason for more targets imo has to do with the fact that a better QB can get more first downs and thus more plays for the offense and more opportunity to “check down”. If lufton goes 3 & out or a turnover that’s less opportunities for him to check down.

I’m sure if you looked at the check down rate as a % of all offensive plays, all 3 QB’s would be about the same. 

• Like 1