NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

I unfortunately had to miss watching, but the receiving work is certainly encouraging.  In what was supposed to be a bad matchup with no healthy WRs and a third-string QB he killed it.  As long as Luton stays benched, I don't fear any upcoming matchup.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:48 PM, Kaii23 said:

This was the first game that Conner didn't score. Pittsburgh won't be down double digits much. Unlikely to happen again with that defense. And 2 targets won't do when your team will likely be playing from behind every game. Houston stinks but they face Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Chicago down the stretch. He's gonna need 6 receptions to be productive vs those defenses. Conner is looking at smooth sailing and positive game scripts ROS. Easy money. 

Update? Hmmm... Let’s discuss. 🤔

He looks amazing and as long as JAX doesn’t draft a RB early next year, I can’t see him making it out of the 2nd round in redraft leagues.  Even in dynasty leagues, I wouldn’t trade him away for CEH, the only rookie RB that I would even consider drafting before Robinson is maybe Swift.

9 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

He looks amazing and as long as JAX doesn’t draft a RB early next year, I can’t see him making it out of the 2nd round in redraft leagues.  Even in dynasty leagues, I wouldn’t trade him away for CEH, the only rookie RB that I would even consider drafting before Robinson is maybe Swift.

With all the holes on that Jax team I'd be very surprised if they drafted a RB. 

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

volume regardless of score is a winning recipe for any backup level talent.   Robinson is no different 

Surely you jest.

When I watch him play he gets something out of nothing continually. Will be interesting to see him at RB with Justin Fields or Mac Jones at QB.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
32 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

volume regardless of score is a winning recipe for any backup level talent.   Robinson is no different 

Sorry, but have you watched Robinson this year? He doesn't look like a backup level talent. He looks like a very good starting RB in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Surely you jest.

When I watch him play he gets something out of nothing continually. Will be interesting to see him at RB with Justin Fields or Mac Jones at QB.

My concern if they draft Fields will be the same concern as every owner of a RB with a QB who can excel running the ball...how many TDs will he lose. That said, Fields' passing acumen would also open the offense up a lot more, put the Jags in scoring position more frequently, and back the defense away from the LOS. 

1 hour ago, SamPayton said:

With all the holes on that Jax team I'd be very surprised if they drafted a RB. 

I don't think they'll draft one, but I do believe they'll go sign someone. But I agree...a lot of holes...all over the place, lol. 

44 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

“Backup Level Talent”... ummm, no.

You clearly haven’t watched Robinson play this year.

Also, aside from the fact that your assertion about Robinson’s talent level is absurd, your statement isn’t even true.

There are many examples of marginally-talented, high-volume RBs on bad teams over the last few years who haven’t even sniffed RB1 status.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, kp96 said:

If you drafted this guy and Younghoe Koo, you are probably running away with your league.

Come on, man. The youthful toot is a kicker and has 3 more points the 2nd kicker. 

This is RB1son....first round value taken in the late teens/waiver wire add.

Edited by this guy right here
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

[...] Have you actually watched him play? They are stacking the lines to stop him with these ridiculously horrible qb’s he has to play with, AND THEY STILL CAN’T STOP HIM!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed personal attack
11 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I don’t see Robinson falling off for several years honestly. He doesn’t win by speed. He wins by incredible vision, patience, and cuts. He’s the perfect example of speed being waaaaay overvalued in drafts, especially at the rb position. 

He’s so Arian Foster

• Like 2

Is it me or did Glennon look much better than Luton (obviously) and Minshew in the majority of games Minshew played? I only caught parts of the game on Redzone and on Gamecast, so its very possible he was trash in between the 20s.