NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is it me or did Glennon look much better than Luton (obviously) and Minshew in the majority of games Minshew played? I only caught parts of the game on Redzone and on Gamecast, so its very possible he was trash in between the 20s.

I'm not entirely sure about that.  The only thing I am sure of is that Glennon looks more like Doug Funny than both Luton & Minshew.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

21 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Legit Elite RB talent.  

He’s a stud, not just in fantasy, but in real football.  I love watching him play.

you guys LOL

Robinson spends most his time catching wide open designed passes and blasting runs into the back of his linemen.  I saw it repeatedly this week again.  He has his linemen to thank on the td that was pushed into the EZ.  

He’s a solid player but it’s no different than Leo last season.   Finished as rb7 I believe.   It’s a volume based, productive role.    When I watch a guy like Rojo or Dobbins vs Robinson— there’s no comparison.    Enjoy the season JRob owners.   He will be a timeshare back soon enough. 

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

you guys LOL

Robinson spends most his time catching wide open designed passes and blasting runs into the back of his linemen.  I saw it repeatedly this week again.  He has his linemen to thank on the td that was pushed into the EZ.  

He’s a solid player but it’s no different than Leo last season.   Finished as rb7 I believe.   It’s a volume based, productive role.    When I watch a guy like Rojo or Dobbins vs Robinson— there’s no comparison.    Enjoy the season JRob owners.   He will be a timeshare back soon enough. 

I respectfully disagree, although he could be in a timeshare simply due to the fact that their front office is full of morons...hopefully firing their GM curbs some of that.  Robinson averages 4.6 yards a carry behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league.  Almost all of the guys in front on the YPC list play behind significantly better offensive lines than the one they trot out in Jacksonville.  While he clearly doesn't have breakaway speed, he knows how to find the holes and he runs hard to make up for that lack of explosiveness.  This kid finds the gaps and knows where to run as if he's 8-10 years into the league...it's damn impressive.  Now while I do think he will get over drafted next season, just enjoy this because it's one of the best stories for a rookie in a while and about the only thing Jags fans can enjoy right now other than maybe Laviska Shenault.

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

you guys LOL

He's like literally the only guy in the league sans Dalvin Cook that isn't in a timeshare. lol

1 hour ago, TennisDude said:

He's like literally the only guy in the league sans Dalvin Cook that isn't in a timeshare. lol

Henry/McCaffrey too I guess. Incidentally, they're also doing pretty well. Timeshare is no longer an indictment, it's essentially the norm. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Robinson is better than Fournette was last year.  Robinson is averaging more rushing yards per game, per carry, 8 TDs in 11 games compared to Fournette having 3 TDs in 15 games.

Fournette had more receiving opportunity last year than Robinson gets this year.  But Robinson looks to be far more efficient with his receiving work.

Then figure he's like 4 years younger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is:

#4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs)

#3 in rushing yards among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook)

#3 in rushing yards per attempt among all RBs w/ 170+ carries (behind Cook, Henry)

#7 in rushing yards per attempt among all RBs w/ 125+ carries (behind Cook, R. Jones, Henry, A. Jones, Gibson, Kamara)

#T-3 in rushing first downs among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook)

#T-8 in rushing touchdowns among all RBs (behind Cook, Henry, Gibson, Jacobs, Gurley, Kamara, Drake)

#7 in receptions among all RBs (behind Kamara, Davis, McKissic, Hines, Edmonds, Elliott)

#T-6 in receiving targets among all RBs (behind Kamara, McKissic, Hines, Davis, Elliott)

#6 in receiving yards among all RBs (behind Kamara, Hines, McKissic, Davis, Edmonds)

#T-6 in receiving touchdowns among all RBs (behind Hunt, Hines, Kamara, Carson, Edmonds)

ALL THIS FROM AN UNDRAFTED RUNNING BACK ON A 1-10 TEAM THAT HAS STARTED THREE QUARTERBACKS

spacer.png

REGARDLESS IF HE'S INFERIOR TO HENRY, COOK OR KAMARA... JAMES ROBINSON IS A...

WAIT FOR IT...

HERE IT COMES...

spacer.png

@Kaii23 

🤭

• Like 2
Just now, FouLLine said:

Robinson is better than Fournette was last year.  Robinson is averaging more rushing yards per game, per carry, 8 TDs in 11 games compared to Fournette having 3 TDs in 15 games.

Fournette had more receiving opportunity last year than Robinson gets this year.  But Robinson looks to be far more efficient with his receiving work.

Then figure he's like 4 years younger.

Also I don't know if I remember ever seeing a RB get more TDs called back.  I know my recollection here is probably biased but on my fantasy teams of 4-5 strong RBs he easily has the most.  I remember 2 in one game both were for holding penalties on the other side of the field that had nothing to do with him springing free.  I can literally think of 3 times he's had a TD run called back in the last few weeks.

Hold on. So WHAT if he is getting his numbers by pure volume. The key words are HE IS GETTING HIS NUMBERS. 

That is like saying it takes Baker throwing the ball 50 times to get 400 yards and 2 TDs. The only stats that are important: 400 yards and 2 TDs. Who cares if it took him 50 attempts. 

This is fake football. Remember guys. 

12 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

you guys LOL

Somebody didn't watch the game.... Here ya go. This is the player we are riding to the promised land. Week in and week out. This is what we enjoy. 

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Somebody didn't watch the game.... Here ya go. This is the player we are riding to the promised land. Week in and week out. This is what we enjoy. 

Runs like a young Frank Gore.  Downhill runner, good patience, great situational instincts, good hands, no exceptional speed, but fast enough. Jags run blocking looked great.

• Like 2

According to fftoolbox, Jags had the #3 easiest RB schedule weeks 1-13, but 21st in weeks 15-16 (@BAL, v. CHI).

JRob is averaging 16.6 half ppr pts on the year, but against teams ranked as good or better than BAL or CHI vs. the run, JRob put up 9.5 pts (v. IND), 12.7 (@CIN), 10.4 (v. PIT) and 24.4 (v. CLE w/o Miles Garrett).

You're not benching him either way, but prepare yourself for tough matchups v. BAL and CHI, especially if they're at full strength. 

1 hour ago, MBarbarian said:

Runs like a young Frank Gore.  Downhill runner, good patience, great situational instincts, good hands, no exceptional speed, but fast enough. Jags run blocking looked great.

This is possibly the best comparison I’ve heard.  

Some people forget how good Frank Gore was since he’s kind of a punchline now, but he was the quintessential do-it-all workmanlike (in a good way) running back in his younger days.  Their running styles are definitely similar.

I don’t even understand why people talk **** about this guy. I got him for $6 off the waiver wire which is probably more than most paid and he’s been my #1 RB the entire season. He could literally suck the rest of the season and he still have returned many multiples of his price.

And who cares if he’s volume based or not or if he’s not as talented as a Henry? He was basically free and he’s going to win a lot of people their leagues or carry teams into the playoffs that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

44 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

I don’t even understand why people talk **** about this guy. I got him for $6 off the waiver wire which is probably more than most paid and he’s been my #1 RB the entire season. He could literally suck the rest of the season and he still have returned many multiples of his price.

And who cares if he’s volume based or not or if he’s not as talented as a Henry? He was basically free and he’s going to win a lot of people their leagues or carry teams into the playoffs that wouldn’t be there otherwise.

People who missed out and who are trying to cope with that fact have come up with criteria that he cannot pass.

Not that it matters, he's a stud and is keeping some people alive and keeping others incredibly confident they're going to win.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

you guys LOL

Timeshare with who ?

3 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

If a player is doing really well and there's a couple people crapping on it every thread. Just know they had a chance to take that guy off waivers or in a trade and didn't do it. And they come here for cry time each week.