NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, MBarbarian said:

Runs like a young Frank Gore.  Downhill runner, good patience, great situational instincts, good hands, no exceptional speed, but fast enough. Jags run blocking looked great.

It's hilarious how humble this guy looks. Look at his reaction after the long run at 1:51 and his last TD at 2:10. He just gets up and walks back while his teammates are celebrating haha.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

i have none of him in bestball and i hate it. I thought ozigbo would be the guy. i  mean what are the odds of an undrafted rookie in a shortened off season coming in and being better than ceh jonathan taylor cam akers jk dobbins. Turns out pretty good. Also after week 1 i was going hard after benny snell thinking conner was already injured. Turned out that was #fakenews

I have 1 share and i hate it so much.

Username checks out

• Haha 7

Jaguars being 1-10 hurts Robinson, and the running back vote will also split with Antonio Gibson and maybe still CEH.

Being a Quarterback-driven league, Justin Herbert will most likely get the optics to win.

But RB1SZN in 2020 will always be #1 in our hearts, regardless of the ROS outcome.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

QBs always win these types of awards.

Sad.

Yep.  But to be fair Herbert has been amazing.   Its crazy I can not remember a RB basically not drafted that was such a stud on one of the worst teams in league.  Guy is a stud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yep.  But to be fair Herbert has been amazing.   Its crazy I can not remember a RB basically not drafted that was such a stud on one of the worst teams in league.  Guy is a stud.

Alfred Morris rookie year was pretty great.  There were a couple of guys perceived to be ahead of him.

Robinson has really done well.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Alfred Morris rookie year was pretty great.  There were a couple of guys perceived to be ahead of him.

Honestly thought about Morris but Washington was 10-6 and made playoffs.  RG3 rookie year with a Shanahan calling plays.  So must more to work with.  I mean there is a good chance Robinson will end up as a top 5 RB(at least top 10) on a 1-15 team. That is amazing.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Alfred Morris was drafted in 6th round. I guess that would constitute as “basically not drafted” though.

2 hours ago, Prezkot said:

Jaguars being 1-10 hurts Robinson, and the running back vote will also split with Antonio Gibson and maybe still CEH.

Being a Quarterback-driven league, Justin Herbert will most likely get the optics to win.

But RB1SZN in 2020 will always be #1 in our hearts, regardless of the ROS outcome.

Herbert's only won 2 games.  He's just a little more historic than JRob. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, youngrice said:

The name that has been repeated over and over again in this very thread that is still remains to be true: Bobby Feeno. 

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

ROY over Herbert for me.

I love Robinson, but Herbert is the Rookie of the Year, end of discussion.

What he’s doing at the hardest position in football is historic (see the stats listed above).

Robinson is having a wonderful season, and he’s a wonderful story, but in terms of awards he doesn’t get extra points for being undrafted.

I did see the betting odds a couple weeks ago, and he was all the way down at 6th (behind Herbert, Burrow, Claypool, Tua & Jefferson), which is ridiculous.  

He’s the clear runner-up; but Herbert isn’t just going to get the ROY because he’s a QB.  He’s getting it because he’s having probably the greatest Rookie QB season of all time.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, nb009 said:

Alfred Morris was drafted in 6th round. I guess that would constitute as “basically not drafted” though.

I was referring to "not drafted" in most fantasy leagues.  In my deep and competitive 12 teamer, both Morris and Robinson were purchased at initial auction.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

So who do you handcuff this guy with? Going into the playoffs I'm super thin at RB so will need handcuff. I know Thompson is on IR but he should be back. I'm not sure if he'd be "the guy" or if it's Ozigbo. 

I'd say OZ. Thompson's role is probably static. 

This kid Micd up vs Cleveland.....he barely said a word on the field and let his football skills do the talking. 

Seems very humble and mature for a rookie.

Might not be as electric as dalvin cook but he is good at EVERYTHING and we can only assume he will improve as he gets acclimated to the NFL.

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I love Robinson, but Herbert is the Rookie of the Year, end of discussion.

It's still too close to call.... Herbert is in the lead being the QB, higher profile player, with the historic stats.  But is it by no means "end of discussion".  

Let's see what happens.  Herbert could very well implode down the home stretch of the season.

23 minutes ago, WesternSociety said:

This kid Micd up vs Cleveland.....he barely said a word on the field and let his football skills do the talking. 

Seems very humble and mature for a rookie.

Might not be as electric as dalvin cook but he is good at EVERYTHING and we can only assume he will improve as he gets acclimated to the NFL.

Only having $25k in guaranteed money for three years is also an excellent incentive to color inside the lines as well.

13 minutes ago, FouLLine said:

It's still too close to call.... Herbert is in the lead being the QB, higher profile player, with the historic stats.  But is it by no means "end of discussion".  

Let's see what happens.  Herbert could very well implode down the home stretch of the season.

The way Herbert has been playing I highly doubt that.