NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

On 12/4/2020 at 2:51 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

"i'm just playing football"

... as if ya couldn't love this kid more - this is perhaps the least talkative "mic'd up" you'll ever run across ... no chirping, no trash, no dive bullchit - just a ton of bone crunching and grunts. tackle foosball is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport, and there are plenty here:

even though he got nice checkdown luv from Glennon last week, it's easy to see why he sometimes doesn't ... check out his pass pro - dude is a very effective blocker, so that is another reason he may not be out on all the routes we'd like to see him on.  but that effective pass pro assists on keeping drives alive for our Rb1nson to inch closer to paydirt.  WIN/WIN.

want another reason to love this cat?  why, yes ... yes there is ...

this weekend the Shield is allowing players a platform on their tootsies ... it's called "MY CLEATS, MY CAUSE"

Rb1nson has opted for a cause that transcends all barriers, and speaks to everyone - he will be donning footwear in honor of the American Cancer Society. 

pretty sure everyone reading this has had that scourge impact their lives in some way - i have seen far too many family/friends succumb to it over my lifetime - Cancer Sucks. 

if you wanna pay tribute to this kid, and to honor those who have lost their battles with the big C, make a donation to the ACS ... we're all in this one together ✌ 

fdiuwsgrrqzcvrc8ucm6.jpg

RE-UPPING THIS FOR GAMEDAY, WEEK 13 🎻

Go get 'em, Rb1nszn!11!11!1!

bring us home, kid ✌

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's safe to call him the waiver wire pickup of the season.

Best ability is availability and JRob has been durable and productive whilst other RBs drop like flies. 

Making a strong push to be a top 5 drafted RB next year.

He’s not going ahead of CMC, Cook, Henry, or Kamara (with a healthy Brees), so how does he stack up with Zeke, Saquon, Jacobs, Jones, and CEH (assuming Bell is gone)?

44 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

He’s not going ahead of CMC, Cook, Henry, or Kamara (with a healthy Brees), so how does he stack up with Zeke, Saquon, Jacobs, Jones, and CEH (assuming Bell is gone)?

I'd take him over Jacobs, Jones, and CEH if I thought he would maintain a similar workload to this year.

As I said, making a strong push for top 5. Don't know if he will crack it but he has put up staggering numbers on one of the worst offenses this year's. I'd imagine his situation to be even better next year. 

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd take him over Jacobs, Jones, and CEH if I thought he would maintain a similar workload to this year.

As I said, making a strong push for top 5. Don't know if he will crack it but he has put up staggering numbers on one of the worst offenses this year's. I'd imagine his situation to be even better next year. 

I would agree with this - but what JAX does this offseason will be telling. We don't want to see a significant addition to the RBs via draft/free agency obviously. But would love to see improvements at QB and across the O-line.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Just to add - it seems Ekeler was overlooked here and he is definitely someone I would take ahead of JRob next year.

You could argue that but if youre wanting security, Robinson is the guy and has been healthy. My only concern with LAC is the change in OC next year limiting Ekeler maybe in the passing game, but I dont see that as a huge risk. At minimum he is a mid 2nd rd guy

I actually think Marrone is worse than Gase. 2 weeks in a row they could have won the game had they just given the ball to Robinson. This one is even more maddening. Robinson wide open in the flat for a nice gain, and they call Journeyman for life Glennon to throw a 35 yard pass for absolutely no reason, and of course it was 5 yards off target for an easy pick. I can't even imagine how good Robinson would be with a real QB.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TennisDude said:

I actually think Marrone is worse than Gase. 2 weeks in a row they could have won the game had they just given the ball to Robinson. This one is even more maddening. Robinson wide open in the flat for a nice gain, and they call Journeyman for life Glennon to throw a 35 yard pass for absolutely no reason, and of course it was 5 yards off target for an easy pick. I can't even imagine how good Robinson would be with a real QB.

They are trying to tank

1 minute ago, whoopsie said:

They are trying to tank

I doubt Marrone is trying to tank with his job on the line. He is likely fired no matter what happens ROS, so he might as well try auditioning for the next gig (and also hope a miracle happens where he keeps his job) rather than tanking.

9 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

Scoring format matters.  Everything below is relative to 1PPR.

While I've loved having Robinson this year, he's not a top 5 RB for 2021.  What I'm most interested in, is why you're ranking Henry ahead of him though as a foregone conclusion?  The 2 of them are neck and neck in points, Robinson with the better floor and more consistent player, while Henry has the higher ceiling, but is much more volatile.  Job security, workload, and track record are valid arguments.

If you put J.Rob and D.Henry's weekly scores side by side, 90% of this forum is picking the stat lines of J.Rob, so why would you draft differently for next year?
magnified even further when you realize, Titans were a good team and are arguably at their ceiling, whereas JAX is a dumpster fire and can literally only go up... unless they change their name to the Jets I guess.

CMC, even if he doesn't return this year, is still the #1 back in the game, I don't think there's any argument otherwise.  Even his random backup was a top 10 back and the talent gap is astronomical.
Kamara, assuming Brees, has likely locked himself as #2 off the board.
Zeke, assuming Dak, is #3.
#4... For me is going to be Cook.  His health risk is legitimate, but when he's on the field, he's arguably #2 or #3.  12 games of Cook + 4 games of a fill in, likely nets you more total points than any options that follow.
#5... For pass catching ability alone, I'm putting Barkley here.

After that, there's likely a tier of Henry and Chubb.
Immediately below them, but in their own tier for risk/reward is Jacobs, James Robinson, CEH, Chris Carson, Aaron Jones.
Maybe a mini tier of Antonio Gibson and Austin Ekeler?
After that, we get into the what ifs.  J.Conner, J.Mixon, D.Swift, SFRBTBD, RoJo?
Finally, a smorgasbord of 'who cares, pick your poison and pray.' Hunt, Gurley, DJ, Montgomery, Sanders, Singletary, Akers, ARIRBTBD, MIARBTBD, NYGRBTBB, NERBTBD, etc etc.

Still a lot of games left to evaluate for 2021 drafts, but there are a lot of unsettled backfields that I'll be targeting next year, like I did this year with J.Rob.  FA and Draft will change a lot too, but if I'm being completely honest... 2021 is already looking like a Zero-RB type of season given the current landscape if I don't have a top 5 pick.  If I'm in the 6-12 range, and I can come out of the first 2 rounds with 2 top 6 WRs, then I'm tempted to go that route.  There will be some very interesting WRs that come back to the middle of the 2nd round, where I expect the RB talent to be Connor/Mixon and I know which way I'm already leaning.  I'm not convinced we see a QB go in the first 2 rounds next year though and with Kelce turning 32 and Kittle getting Hurt, neither might justify a 2nd round pick... 

Just thinking out loud.

Whatever his ADP ends up being next year I’ll have no issues picking him up if he falls below it. Every week he shows how skilled he is, even when the game script/QB situation is completely against him he’ll produce a solid stat line. I don’t see him having a Thomas Rawls/Jeremy Hill type of slump next season.

and then the fun begins of looking for the next JRob of 2021

6-30 in the passing game is full-PPR gold and I'm pretty sure he lined up wide on some snaps also.  If he can succeed under the circumstances of having one of the league's worst starting QBs, worst defenses, lame-duck coach/tanking I'm not too worried about next season.

• Thanks 1

Does Herbert’s ROY chances take a hit after getting shut out by the Pats? He was a heavy heavy favorite going into last week (something like -900 to -1200) but I can’t find any updated odds

I’m thinking JRob or Jefferson might be a pretty solid bet while they’re still at great value

Unless Herbert repeats this week in the next 2 weeks, I still think he wins it. Jefferson is very close though. I love Jrob and he has been a fantasy monster, but I don't think he wins out rookie of the year over those two guys. 

9 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why does this thread have 116 pages? There’s nothing better than a hungry RB trying to make a name for himself. That’s exactly what JRob has been doing all year. 

Gotta keep the thread on pace with his scrimmage yard totals

• Like 2
10 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why does this thread have 116 pages? There’s nothing better than a hungry RB trying to make a name for himself. That’s exactly what JRob has been doing all year. 

People come up in here disrespectin' our man RB1SZN with arguments about guys like James Conner. Then they disappear. Or out getting Pizza Hut or somethin'.

BUT THEY AIN'T OUT HERE IN MISTER ROBINSON'S NEIGHBORHOOD ANYMORE

• Thanks 2