Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

The amount of guaranteed volume weekly this guy gets only few others in the nfl get. He’s a set and forget. If you bench him your an idiot. He’s RB4 overall. 

I'm benching him for Akers/Aaron Jones, so I don't think that's really idiotic to consider. It all depends who else you have and how you value the matchups...against Baltimore I'm not as worried about their defense as I am about the Jags getting down big like they were last week and only giving him 12 carries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Ravens allowed over 130 rushing yards against Cleveland (albeit Chubb and Hunt are deadly together). It's just a matter of Jacksonville keeping the game close, to get true RB1 numbers out of Robinson this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Juke said:

Ravens allowed over 130 rushing yards against Cleveland (albeit Chubb and Hunt are deadly together). It's just a matter of Jacksonville keeping the game close, to get true RB1 numbers out of Robinson this week.


I like Jacksonville to compete (and maybe win) this week... I think this is a tough spot for the Ravens.

 

They are coming off a hugely important and emotional win against a division rival, on a short week, with several key players not practicing (and possibly not playing) due to COVID.  Reminds me of the Steelers against WFT.

 

Not to mention Minshew is BACK baby! I’m guessing with his charisma he’s a popular guy in that locker room, and he’s obviously their best QB.  He’ll be itching to prove he’s got a future in the organization or somewhere else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Juke said:

Ravens allowed over 130 rushing yards against Cleveland (albeit Chubb and Hunt are deadly together). It's just a matter of Jacksonville keeping the game close, to get true RB1 numbers out of Robinson this week.

That's where my concern is...I'm not as worried with this matchup as I am with the gamescript. Vegas has Jax as 14 point underdogs, so it's going to be hard to rack up the rushing yards if they are trailing big most of the game. He might get a couple extra receptions, but I don't see a path to 100+ rushing yards unless they keep the game close...which is where I don't have much confidence. Baltimore will also likely milk a lot of clock in the second half if they can just keep pounding the ball on the ground to drain the clock. I still think J-Rob can be a low end RB1 this week, but I'm having trouble seeing a path to a high ceiling game in this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

That's where my concern is...I'm not as worried with this matchup as I am with the gamescript. Vegas has Jax as 14 point underdogs, so it's going to be hard to rack up the rushing yards if they are trailing big most of the game. He might get a couple extra receptions, but I don't see a path to 100+ rushing yards unless they keep the game close...which is where I don't have much confidence. Baltimore will also likely milk a lot of clock in the second half if they can just keep pounding the ball on the ground to drain the clock. I still think J-Rob can be a low end RB1 this week, but I'm having trouble seeing a path to a high ceiling game in this one.

 

I'm still not fully worried if the game gets out of hand either. The game against Tennessee wasn't close at all last week, and Robinson had 67 yards rushing and 4 catches, that equated to 11.5 half PPR points (default +1 pt every 10 yards rushing, +6 for a TD). While also having 60 taken away from penalties, and a TD taken away. That would have brought him up to ~23 half PPR points in game where the RB should have been non-existent.

 

Based on history, its hard to bench him this week.

Edited by Juke
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Art of Overthinking

 

I'm also worried that he might decide to wear green Nikes instead of yellow. Yellow Nikes send off a subconscious message of slowing down. The defenders tend to slow their pursuit down. Green invites tacklers while red potentially forces them to charge. This COULD, and I mean 'could' cause a 17 percent drop in potential production. Im seriously thinking about benching him because he likely won't hit my desired line of 45/256/4 , 8/120/2  and get me to the next round of the playoffs. So I will hitch my wagon to Dobbins for better upside. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

The Art of Overthinking

 

I'm also worried that he might decide to wear green Nikes instead of yellow. Yellow Nikes send off a subconscious message of slowing down. The defenders tend to slow their pursuit down. Green invites tacklers while red potentially forces them to charge. This COULD, and I mean 'could' cause a 17 percent drop in potential production. Im seriously thinking about benching him because he likely won't hit my desired line of 45/256/4 , 8/120/2  and get me to the next round of the playoffs. So I will hitch my wagon to Dobbins for better upside. 

After careful analysis, this take is wrong. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's simple.

You roll with the guy who got you this far. He hasn't scored less than 10 PPR points in a game the ENTIRE season.

Chances are, he got you to the semi's this year. Let him take to the ship.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:


I like Jacksonville to compete (and maybe win) this week... I think this is a tough spot for the Ravens.

 

They are coming off a hugely important and emotional win against a division rival, on a short week, with several key players not practicing (and possibly not playing) due to COVID.  Reminds me of the Steelers against WFT.

 

Not to mention Minshew is BACK baby! I’m guessing with his charisma he’s a popular guy in that locker room, and he’s obviously their best QB.  He’ll be itching to prove he’s got a future in the organization or somewhere else.


I wouldn't be so optimistic lol. This team is bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If not for that 44 yard TD called back last week JROB (😤💪) would have scored 22 PPR points.

 

Guy is still a solid RB 1 against the Ravens who haven’t looked too stout lately. Jaguars run blocking is actually underrated by most and Minshew brings a spark compared to the other 2 QB options. When he plays well the offense can hum and nothing about the Ravens suggests they’ll shut Jaguars offense down. 

 

Ravens are also banged up on defense and without Jimmy Smith. Chark might have a day, especially if he gets some time with Peters on him. Peters makes some big plays but gives up a lot of plays and lets WRs get great separation on him. Chark is great at getting separation and profiles well against him. 

 

If Jaguars move the ball through the air like I believe they can, JROB (😤💪) will be in many favorable positions with higher than average volume. He has exceptional vision and just picks up yards. This beast is rock solid this week or any other 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love my boy, unfortunately I'm going to have to bench him this week with other better matchups (blessed with RBs in Henry, Jones, Akers). I just don't see the game script working out well...it's a very tough decision and I hate to not play him though.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

As much as I love my boy, unfortunately I'm going to have to bench him this week with other better matchups (blessed with RBs in Henry, Jones, Akers). I just don't see the game script working out well...it's a very tough decision and I hate to not play him though.

I'm in the same exact boat as you. I still view Robinson as a pretty good play this week, but with the matchup I just don't see him having as high of a ceiling as some other RB1 type guys (benching him for A. Jones and Akers for reference). I think he has a solid floor...but it's doubtful they find themselves in a positive game script to run the ball as much as they would like to. Vegas has them as the second biggest underdogs in the league this week (Jets vs LA obviously with the biggest spread). So while I think Robinson will get close to his normal amount of touches, I just don't see this being one of those games where he's just running the entire game and racking up the high yardage numbers. If you want an almost sure bet for 10-15 points then Robinson will likely deliver that, but I'm struggling to see the big 20+ point boom potential with him as much as some of the other guys ranked around him this week. Chances are he's still one of the best options on your roster and he's for sure worth starting, I'm just saying that I'm tempering my expectations slightly compared to some of his other huge games we've seen.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm in the same exact boat as you. I still view Robinson as a pretty good play this week, but with the matchup I just don't see him having as high of a ceiling as some other RB1 type guys (benching him for A. Jones and Akers for reference). I think he has a solid floor...but it's doubtful they find themselves in a positive game script to run the ball as much as they would like to. Vegas has them as the second biggest underdogs in the league this week (Jets vs LA obviously with the biggest spread). So while I think Robinson will get close to his normal amount of touches, I just don't see this being one of those games where he's just running the entire game and racking up the high yardage numbers. If you want an almost sure bet for 10-15 points then Robinson will likely deliver that, but I'm struggling to see the big 20+ point boom potential with him as much as some of the other guys ranked around him this week. Chances are he's still one of the best options on your roster and he's for sure worth starting, I'm just saying that I'm tempering my expectations slightly compared to some of his other huge games we've seen.

Vegas also has Robinson at 87 total yards and 3.5 catches with them projecting all 3 overs rushing receiving and catches. Add in a possible TD and he's a GREAT play

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

us Rb1nSZN owners watching RedZone tomorrow be all like ... "WE'RE IN THE STRETCH, BRING US HOME, BABY!"

tenor.gif?itemid=15875929

*James Robinson rushes up the middle for 18 yards-TOUCHDOWN!* *moments later* “Holding, offense, 15 yard penalty...” 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

*James Robinson rushes up the middle for 18 yards-TOUCHDOWN!* *moments later* “Holding, offense, 15 yard penalty...” 

 

flashbacks to my MAXIMUM SECURITY trifecta non hit in the 2019 Derby ... 

"HOLD ALL TICKETS, STEWARDS INQUIRY!!1!"

*Jeopardy Theme*

 

20 minutes later ...

tenor.gif?itemid=3457496

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

 

It’s a special rule they made this year just for JROB so officials can rub extra salt in the wounds of JROB owners 

We don't need the officials to do that... We've got Doug Marrone, remember?

 

 

 

.....

 

 

And James Conner 🤣

Edited by JAG_challam
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...