NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What are we expecting today with Minshew at the helm? Surely they wont rest him like last week unless he is pretty banged up

I’m expecting better.  He’s a better QB than Glennon or Luton (so the offense should move more efficiently), and he hasn’t been afraid to throw to his RBs in the past.

I just hope he doesn’t play hero-ball in an effort to prove something after being seemingly snubbed the last few weeks.  That could lead to more pushing the ball down the field and scrambling instead or check-downs.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m expecting better.  He’s a better QB than Glennon or Luton (so the offense should move more efficiently), and he hasn’t been afraid to throw to his RBs in the past.

I just hope he doesn’t play hero-ball in an effort to prove something after being seemingly snubbed the last few weeks.  That could lead to more pushing the ball down the field and scrambling instead or check-downs.

Exactly my thought, and he is more likely to throw the ball in the endzone, I expect volume but Im not sure what his upside is

I was originally going to bench him since I need some upside and felt like this wouldn't be the best game script for a high ceiling game...with the Ravens injuries on defense hopefully this means they can keep the game somewhat competitive now? I still don't see the Jags defense stopping Baltimore from putting points up.

9 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

it helps ... makes a difficult chore for the Jags juuuust a bit less so - it certainly can't hurt 😁

It does make it harder. I slammed my gavel and said start as mean as I could. Now how do I do it again with even more enthusiasm or conviction without coming off as a overbearing blowhard? 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Easy choice for you doesn't mean correct choice and it's easy to be decisive when you don't have options.

It is an easy choice even with options, because unless you have a bunch of top-5 backs he is your best option.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

It is an easy choice even with options, because unless you have a bunch of top-5 backs he is your best option.

I might be a mad man... but I benched Carson. Akers was my choice over Carson. JRob was always in my line up. 

If there's one thing I've learned throughout this entire season, it's that J-Rob is consistent.

It may not be pretty, or may not be a mega performance, but he seems to always be good for at least 10-13 PPR points a week. 

I think Minshew being in there gives him a better chance at having a great game.

My Forecast: 19 carries, 72 yards, maybe 1 td (if they can move the ball) // 4 catches, 24 yards