NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, devaster said:

It is an easy choice even with options, because unless you have a bunch of top-5 backs he is your best option.

Just to show how individual this game is, I was actually hoping Robinson would be declared Out this week.  After last week he dropped to arguably my RB5 for the playoffs in a league where I can only roster four RBs.  Granted it is a keeper league (12-team, 14-man roster with two IR, keep 7) but Derrick Henry, Cam Akers, Miles Sanders, and Jonathan Taylor (left in IR so I wouldn't have to drop anybody), are some pretty good options.

5 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

Worth picking up a backup? Or are we donezo

probably not worth starting against Chicago defense

but I’ll probably still throw a claim at Ogunbowale, it’s the final week so in redraft leagues most owners can just drop most of their bench anyway. Might as well pick him up.

Hope it’s nothing serious for JRob, one of my favorite players to own in a very long time.

4 minutes ago, JDE said:

but I’ll probably still throw a claim at Ogunbowale, it’s the final week so in redraft leagues most owners can just drop most of their bench anyway. Might as well pick him up.

Hope it’s nothing serious for JRob, one of my favorite players to own in a very long time.

The Bears aren’t who we thought they were. 

😁

33 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Overreaction city over here. They pulled him in a blow out loss. There’s been zero information so far in regard to his ankle injury. Players get hurt it happens. Doesn’t mean he’s done for the year.

Very true, but most leagues are done next week, and the lack of info sucks. Just trying to prepare early in case it was something that causes a 1+ week absence. Hopefully it was nothing serious though

8 hours ago, JDE said:

I'm not saying he's Dalvin Cook but Dalvin Cook just annihilated them.

If it were a game within reach and he didn't come back in then that would be a major tell about how he's feeling.

However, he didn't reenter the game in an embarassing blowout loss. How many teams are going to send out their dinged up starter in that situation? Not many, if any.

There's no telling how this plays out but the more I think about it, he's facing the Bears with a sore ankle. Not a nice combo. That ankle needs to be almost 100% on gameday to have confidence in starting him at this stage.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

I'm not saying he's Dalvin Cook but Dalvin Cook just annihilated them.

if it’s JRob against the Bears, no question. The guy hasn’t exited my starting lineup since Week 1 and not about to start now.

I just don’t know if I’d be okay starting a backup Jaguars RB like Ogunbowale in the finals in the event that JRob is inactive. This is do or die time for the Bears playoff chances, so unfortunately their defense might actually show up to this game.

Hopefully JRob will be good to go, and none of this will matter, but with one week left I think you have to consider all possible contingencies.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Probably doesn't help his cause now that Jax is in line for the #1 pick.

I was thinking the same thing. The owner is probably out there with a sniper in case he gets to the goal line lol

Edited by bakes781

As a Jets fan I am absolutely disgusted we are now going to lose out on Trevor Lawrence. As a JRob owner in 2 keeper leagues, I am thrilled that he will now be playing in a legitimate offense, should really help his value in the next few years 

5 hours ago, Spyplane said:

If it were a game within reach and he didn't come back in then that would be a major tell about how he's feeling.

However, he didn't reenter the game in an embarassing blowout loss. How many teams are going to send out their dinged up starter in that situation? Not many, if any.

There's no telling how this plays out but the more I think about it, he's facing the Bears with a sore ankle. Not a nice combo. That ankle needs to be almost 100% on gameday to have confidence in starting him at this stage.

Thinking the same thing. He did walk off to the sideline so they probably just kept him out in a blowout.  I don't think we will get much clarity though until late in the week as he has been minimally practicing recently 

3 hours ago, joey0480 said:

Thinking the same thing. He did walk off to the sideline so they probably just kept him out in a blowout.  I don't think we will get much clarity though until late in the week as he has been minimally practicing recently 

I don't know if walking off on his own power means anything. Klay tore his ACL in the NBA finals two years ago, shot two free throws and then ran down the court a short sprint before they yanked him. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Been an awesome ride, but it is prob over...he got his 1K rushing and they have no reason to put him out there while in full tank, he has been dinged up for weeks.

This is my thinking, too. Now that the Jets have won a game and the Jags have the tie-breaker, I can see it. 

5 hours ago, Crowbar said:

As a Jets fan I am absolutely disgusted we are now going to lose out on Trevor Lawrence. As a JRob owner in 2 keeper leagues, I am thrilled that he will now be playing in a legitimate offense, should really help his value in the next few years 

Jets can't even lose right.