NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

For those of you on the train, it should warm your heart that he's getting Lawrence next season.  Their existing line can't be that bad at run blocking and the opportunities to score/stay in the run game will be profoundly increased.  Not sure this could have worked out better.  Sky's the limit

.spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

On 12/21/2020 at 10:46 PM, USWAY said:

Absolute nonsense this guy didn't make the probowl over Jacobs.

Jacobs has three more TDs, that must have factored in. In terms of yardage and efficiency JR wins the showdown and that doesn't even take into consideration the lack of talent to take pressure off the undrafted RB. Jacobs was playing for a better team, with a better QB and a better coach and despite that JR looked superior.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2
On 12/21/2020 at 10:10 PM, Kevrunner said:

It’s really unbelievable that Robinson didn’t get chosen.

Draft Robinson everywhere you can next year. This is going to light a major fire under his a**. Look what he’s done for not being drafted. He give two middle fingers to the rest of the league.

22 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Draft Robinson everywhere you can next year. This is going to light a major fire under his a**. Look what he’s done for not being drafted. He give two middle fingers to the rest of the league.

I mean he went undrafted and is making peanuts by comparison to his peers. Is he lighting a fire under the fire? 🤣

I don't see him being any more motivated. He has a crap contract because every team said he wasn't good enough to draft. That's the motivation: guarantee money on a contract in alignment with his abilities.

6 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

This has been one of my fantasy team names for years.

I have JRob. We're heading to the championship together.

You, sir, have struck a positive chord with me.

I hope we’re headed to the ship with him. I’m a bit concerned at this point. 

I think im going to start Gio in his place. Not practicing at all this week, probably be a game time decision. If I'm him, I wouldn't even want to play less than 100% on a rookie contract. Chicago defense has not been as good, but without that garbage time TD reception last week, he busts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I hope we’re headed to the ship with him. I’m a bit concerned at this point. 

I'm fortunate to have solid alternatives - but no matter what JRob is coming with me, even if only on the bench. You've earned this rest young prince :)

Might be fading from him this week as well. [...] Only 3 RBs this years have cracked top 15 against the Bears. Fantasy Pros has some good insight. The bears are 1 of only 2 teams to not allow a receiving TD to a RB this year, and “Running backs have averaged 0.15 fewer PPR points per touch against the Bears than they have in non-Bears matchups, making it the toughest schedule-adjusted matchup for running backs from an efficiency standpoint.”

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, csv2209 said:

Might be fading from him this week as well. [...] Only 3 RBs this years have cracked top 15 against the Bears. Fantasy Pros has some good insight. The bears are 1 of only 2 teams to not allow a receiving TD to a RB this year, and “Running backs have averaged 0.15 fewer PPR points per touch against the Bears than they have in non-Bears matchups, making it the toughest schedule-adjusted matchup for running backs from an efficiency standpoint.”

If you look at the past 3/4 games Chicago has been getting torched. Week 12 Williams and Jones combined got 163 yards and a TD on 34 attempts. Week 13 AP went 16 for 57 and 2 TDs. Week 14 they played Houston and didn’t even have David Johnson. Duke went 8 for 26 yards and caught some passes. Can’t even count that game really. Then week 15 cook goes 24 for 132 and a TD. There’s obviously some risk in starting JRob but idk how you bench the guy that got you this far unless you have some very good options. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

If you look at the past 3/4 games Chicago has been getting torched. Week 12 Williams and Jones combined got 163 yards and a TD on 34 attempts. Week 13 AP went 16 for 57 and 2 TDs. Week 14 they played Houston and didn’t even have David Johnson. Duke went 8 for 26 yards and caught some passes. Can’t even count that game really. Then week 15 cook goes 24 for 132 and a TD. There’s obviously some risk in starting JRob but idk how you bench the guy that got you this far unless you have some very good options. 

Wasn't hicks or mack (maybe both) out for a lot of these games?

5 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

JRob no practice today....

Doesn’t seem likely he starts??

He better. Needs to finish Strong for that rookie of the year. 

I won't be mad at him if he sits though. He was one of my favorite picks ever and enjoyed the ride to the fullest. Def be a top 5 pick for me all time