NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Not sure he is a great play this week guys. I LOVE Jrob. But that organization wants Trevor and is not gonna play the one guy that could ruin the next 20 years for the franchise. And if they do play him, it may be for a fraction of the game like last week.Trevor is so close they can taste it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Not sure he is a great play this week guys. I LOVE Jrob. But that organization wants Trevor and is not gonna play the one guy that could ruin the next 20 years for the franchise. And if they do play him, it may be for a fraction of the game like last week.Trevor is so close they can taste it.

Robinson exited the game in the 4th quarter last week down like 30 points. I wouldn’t call that a fraction unless you mean like 13/16ths of a game. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

James Robinson has been to lone bright spot for the team this year.  Chark, what the heck?  And the Jags already said they would be resting Robinson in practice.

If Robinson gets in a limited session today, I suspect he will play and be good for his usual usage.

What is he, 4th in the league in rushing with plenty of touchdowns?

If he’s active I’m playing him. Simple as that. 

sorry but you have to have a locked and loaded top 15 option to play over him in a title game. 

don’t get cute 

Edited by malta69
4 hours ago, malta69 said:

If he’s active I’m playing him. Simple as that. 

sorry but you have to have a locked and loaded top 15 option to play over him in a title game. 

don’t get cute 

That's fine to say, but what if you alternative options all play on Saturday? It's not a matter of "getting cute" it's a matter of not risking taking a goose egg. For example, if I own guys like Wilson and Gaskin I'd probably consider playing them over Robinson if I didn't have a better Sunday backup plan. It's your team though!

2 hours ago, bakes781 said:

I also prefer players on a team with something to play for. 

Agree with this. Especially for a semi injured player. I seriously doubt the Jags continue to roll him out there if  the game gets out of hand or he tweaks something early. I love Robinson, but he seems like a very risky play this week. 

Is anyone playing this with caution? These Saturday games really throw everything off. If I knew 100% Robinson was playing I’d play him with zero hesitation and if he has a bad game then I go down with the ship cause he got me here this far and I would hand no problem with that decision. But if you have some good options going on Saturday and you sit them only to have Robinson be ruled out now your in a mess of a situation. Anyone benching him due to the unknown because of these Saturday games?

Edited by StevenSC400
9 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Is anyone playing this with caution? These Saturday games really throw everything off. If I knew 100% Robinson was playing I’d play him with zero hesitation and if he has a bad game then I go down with the ship cause he got me here this far and I would hand no problem with that decision. But if you have some good options going on Saturday and you sit them only to have Robinson be ruled out now your in a mess of a situation. Anyone benching him due to the unknown because of these Saturday games?

It is tough....[...] These Saturday games are throwing a wrench in things. 

JRob says he fills fine to play which is great but he who in the world knows if he will. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Imagine having 2020’s version of Arian Foster, riding him all year to the fantasy championship, and then sitting him in his last game and watching him blow up on your bench. I can’t imagine anything worse than that.

If he plays, I play him. 

• Like 1

I think unless you have absolutely nothing else in the top 30 for RB or top 50 for flex he’s very very risky this week and a bench if you have someone healthier and in a better matchup. And this is coming from someone who has supported RB1SZN all year.

If he plays he’s still very easily capable of 10-12 pts. But that might be his ceiling unless everything breaks his way and he proves healthy the whole game.

I hope I’m wrong and he feasts for those who start him. But he got us this far as an undrafted rookie. Time to rest easy champ, and let the others carry us the last mile to the ship.

12 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

Now McGlennon is named starter.

I don't think anyone can risk starting him this week if you have another decent option.

Thank you James - this was an incredible ride.

Yea i just saw that too. Total bummer.

12 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

Now McGlennon is named starter.

I don't think anyone can risk starting him this week if you have another decent option.

Thank you James - this was an incredible ride.

Yep, Glennon starting is management saying, “We have no desire or plan to win either of the final two games.” They’ll probably give Dare 20 carries, lol. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Yep, Glennon starting is management saying, “We have no desire or plan to win either of the final two games.” They’ll probably give Dare 20 carries, lol. 

So wouldn't they as a team want to protect their future and get a deeper look at the depth on the roster?  Meaning give Robinson less work and see what else they have in their other backs.

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

So wouldn't they as a team want to protect their future and get a deeper look at the depth on the roster?  Meaning give Robinson less work and see what else they have in their other backs.

I’m guessing you didn’t read through all of my post?