NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Definitely a JAG.   And with Jax lining up for a TLaw pick...things will change a lot in 2021.   Days of 20 mediocre touches for Jplod and a short plow into the EZ are likely over.  

Great insight. 

You see me, hi hater. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Definitely a JAG.   And with Jax lining up for a TLaw pick...things will change a lot in 2021.   Days of 20 mediocre touches for Jplod and a short plow into the EZ are likely over.  

So let's break down this outstanding analysis:

Claim 1 - A better QB will somehow make things worse for Robinson:  This is probably the first time I've ever heard that upgrading at QB would hurt the value of an RB, since we all know that a strong passing game does absolutely nothing to open up the run.  A lot of pioneers say such bold yet controversial things.  Maybe we just don't possess the amazing foresight that this man does.

Claim 2 - 20 touch games are over: The Jaguars had 320 rushing attempts this season, the lowest of any team in the NFL.  I sure hope that TLaw isn't an upgrade, because that might mean more favorable game scripts which might increase the number of rushing attempts, which somehow means less touches for Robinson.  I'm not sure how, but apparently it does.  This is especially true considering TLaw is more of a pocket passer.  He's obviously going to start scampering all over the place, and was just hiding his true elite mobility.

And finally, with a better QB there's absolutely no way his PPR value improves.  His massive average of 4 whole targets per game might drop, especially because his 81.7% catch rate is only the 10th best of any WR, RB, or TE in the NFL this season.  There's just no way a rookie QB trusts someone with hands like that, who only averages 9.4 YAC, as a security check-down.  It just won't happen.

Sorry folks, looks like there's just no way this can continue.  The dream is obviously dead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

You’ve gone off-season mode early. 🤣

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

I’m assuming this is a troll. Because if not, this is easily one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this forum. 

But you’re correct...a lot will change with the acquisition of Lawrence: better offensive production, better game flows, more scoring opps, likely just as many touches even if the Jags pick up a solid RB to backup Robinson, less defenders in the box, more running lanes, and so forth. 

21 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I’m assuming this is a troll. Because if not, this is easily one of the dumbest things I’ve read on this forum. 

But you’re correct...a lot will change with the acquisition of Lawrence: better offensive production, better game flows, more scoring opps, likely just as many touches even if the Jags pick up a solid RB to backup Robinson, less defenders in the box, more running lanes, and so forth. 

I know, right? Reading that comment you’d think all the best fantasy backs are on the worst teams, when (with a few exceptions) it’s usually the reverse. Competently quarterbacked offenses stay on the field, don’t turn over the ball as much, make more trips to the red zone, and spend the fourth quarter chewing clock with lots of running plays against tired defenses.

The Jags aren’t going to become elite overnight when they add Lawrence, but I don’t think we’ve seen JRob’s ceiling, and it’s silly to suggest that an improvement at QB would hurt his fantasy value.

• Like 1